Khimerix model?

autoxidation

Ganger
Mar 8, 2018
United States
I'm thinking about using a Tyranid Warrior as a stand in for an Escher Khimerix until we see an official model. I'd prefer to find a better replacement I'd use long term since it's been so long with no sign of the pets teased from Warhammer Fest anywhere... Not sure I want to wait another 4-6 months for the new brute models to debut.

Anyone have any good ideas from other miniature ranges? I'm currently using two beast models from Dark Age as Phyrr cats (the two on either side of the lady).
DA-Nomads-TheHerd.jpg

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
It’s like they do it on purpose. :whistle:

Though that is still available on Games Workshops webstore as online only. (£12)

BTW Dark Eldar (Drukhari) is the place to go for this stuff

Grotesque = Goliath ‘Zerker
Clawed Field = possible alternate Khimerix
Razorwing flock = Cawdor Sheen Birds

And of course the obvious:
Servitors = Orlock Cargo Servitor

For a Stig-shambler look at maxmini.eu. They have a very similar thing.

Last edited:

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
And of course the obvious:
Servitors = Orlock Cargo Servitor
I don't think the GW servitors are accurate. Servitors are standard human size, quite whimpy in 40k (standard human toughness & strength). The Orlock servitor is more like an Ogryn Servitor. High toughness and strength, many wounds and Goliath slow.

While the Grotesque is very close to the 'Zerker, it seems a little slim, more like an dark eldar brute, not quite bulky enough. Maybe Warmachine's Cephalyx Warden is even more suitable:

Warmachine-Mercenaries-Cephalyx-Subduer-Warden-Wrecker-Heavy-Monstrosity-41114-_1.jpg

Last edited:

--JB--

Mar 10, 2018
Melbourne VIC, Australia
I don't think the GW servitors are accurate. Servitors are standard human size, quite whimpy in 40k (standard human toughness & strength). The Orlock servitor is more like an Ogryn Servitor. High toughness and strength, many wounds and Goliath slow.

While the Grotesque is very close to the 'Zerker, it seems a little slim, more like an dark eldar brute, not quite bulky enough. Maybe Warmachine's Cephalyx Warden is even more suitable:

View attachment 64830
That last one is a wonderful ogryn

May 25, 2018
Bisley, Stroud, England, UK

View attachment 64830
maybe try a Kataphron Breacher/destroyer from the AdMech range (swap the heavy gun for one of the available options)...

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Those looks excellent, could be fun to have the tracks too. But the base is rather large, 60mm? Maybe some conversions or replacing the tracks with ogryn legs could make them fit a smaller base.

KA7777

Ganger
Jan 19, 2018
Canada
This is the kind of thing I'd pursue outside of GW's ranges!

You could get away with using all kinds of vicious-looking beasts, and there's a whole world of possibilities to scour through from other mini manufacturers. If your gang has any custom background, colours, iconography or gear those would be very fruitful sources of inspiration to draw upon.

If I had an Escher gang I'd probably go for some sort of bear. I know sleek felinity is an Escher "thing" but I couldn't resist the thematic payoff of a bear; the Escher gang taming/coopting a symbol of masculinity.

A lion would work the same way, while also being a cat, and being available in some form via GW's High Elf range.

AmadeoUK

Juve
Mar 5, 2018
Nottingham, UK
maybe try a Kataphron Breacher/destroyer from the AdMech range (swap the heavy gun for one of the available options)...
From the fluff for them in GW4 it sounds like a Kataphron would be pretty accurate for a Lugger.

"House Orlock has ready access to mining and heavy industrial servitors of all makes and manner, but those repurposed for gang warfare often take the form referred to by gangers as 'luggers' - heavy tracked units able to lift, move and carry bulky cargo. Be they liberated from mine workings or cargo depots, such constructs are well-suited to a combat role with minimal reprogramming."

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
You mean this one? It's a bit bare alas. I'm wondering about a rat ogre for a body but I've struggled with a stig shambler. I like how the illustration is heavy, but thinnish. It's a too-tall man, but not uber muscular.
Yeah he’s the one I was referring to. He’s just another in a long line of not-Master Blasters.

I’ve seen quite a nice model made from an old OOP Chaos Ogre too.

Ideally though the Stig looks more like a scarecrow on stilts.

handmade_stilt_spirit_by_mel2daissa-d53gjzq.jpg

Meleemadness

Nov 21, 2018
Miami
Does GW plan on releasing figures for these guys? If so, how far out do you think it will be before we see them? They shouldn't publish the rules before the minis are ready as ppl will find alternatives and that means lost sales.