Kill Team 2.0

JawRippa

Gang Hero
Mar 31, 2017
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Honestly, the fact that core is solid is definitely a winning factor for me. There are some hickups, but in general it is alright.

My main gripe is that you can't (dash+charge+fight) but (move+dash+melta to the face) is somehow okay. Also no overwatch equivalent for melee, which makes shooting preferable if you are an elite force against hordes.

Reactions: TopsyKretts

NoOneII.

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Oct 6, 2021
Germany, Hessia
I did have "fun" with a chaos champ with E-Fist charging one of my Skitarii, totally slaughtering him (surprisingly!) and then Plaspistoling the other Skitarius standing on the other end of the platform. :D

Also, I don't even mind having different possible teams for a single faction, als long as they're different enough.
When the "Elites" join the fray, which I am pretty sure they will, I can very well imagine something like a separate
"Wychcult" and a separate "Kabalites" List for Dark Eldar. Each with their respective Elites added. (Incubbi for Kabalites or similar.)

TopsyKretts

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
It's not like GW didn't have time to update all teams to the finished product of the next edition. They just did literally that for Blood Bowl, all teams were updated to the 2020 edition, including changed stats, new statline, rebalanced costs, updated skills ++. I'm happy they didn't pull this strategy off on Blood Bowl, because that game really doesn't benefit from "any list", but must have the "proper list" or no list at all.

NoOneII.

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Oct 6, 2021
Germany, Hessia
With Bloodbowl there's Lots of preexisting experience after 30 years and many iterations.
This new Kill team is completely new and rules wise has very little commonality with any game they've ever done before. It's basically a new game

I am always willing to call them out for their fuckups, but I think this is not a fuckup.
It's not in all aspects *perfect* for sure, and I imagine some things could have been planned out better, in hindsight.
But I have seen enough companies from inside to know that the realities usually won't allow for the theoretical optimum in planning and execution.

So I am willing to cut them some slack here and only swamp them for the several things they actually deserve to be swamped. :D

• Haha
Reactions: Willnox