Kill Teams 2018

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Trolling
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Yeah the last game I bought from them was N17, and bloodbowl before that. The quality is top notch and the price isn’t too bad for the quantity of stuff you get in the box.

Not sure about Kill Team, it’s nothing to do with GW, it’s just that I’ve bought the above and not really used them yet.

Reactions: Blood Donor

Blood Donor

Enforcer
Tribe Council
Aug 23, 2011
Cranbrook, British Columbia, Canada
Space Hulk was a massive sturdy crate as well. Kill Team could be what gets me games in while I am in a town different then where I was before and where there were a handful of Necromunda players. Only other player is a pretty focused and specific player of 40K, so maybe this being canon will let me get some skirmish level games in. I have Scouts and the likes which could fare alongside a GS Cult so they should be able to 40K with this. Might have to get hands on this rule book.

Appreciate that discussions not be bouts of legal knowledge.

Ml2sjw

Gang Hero
Nov 25, 2017
United kingdom
I am yet to pick up the rules, with adeptus Titanicus and cawdor on the horizon I am prioritising those on the basis that kill team shouldn't be going anywhere for a while.

But what I have seen of it looks really good. The floor space required for a game is a definate bonus for those of us who find that real life prevents the building and storage of large tables. Plus the terrain maker in me wants to build various small custom tables, with a smattering of GW terrain that in the battlezone kits is actually very reasonably priced for the contents and quaility.

The small scale of things also gives me a reason to dig out and finish many modeling projects that have been in boxes for literally years.

Plus who knows I may even get the odd game in!

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
So is it just me or does the Genestealer Cult Icon not affect Purestrain Genestealers?
The way it's worded, it looks like only units with the Cult Icon special rule benefit from the wargear effect, so Aberrant and Genestealers are indeed not affected. Not sure that's what is intended.

genestealer cult cannot include purestrain genestealers.
Yes, they can. They did it in a very unintuitive way (just like Reivers and Intercessors for Deathwatch), but they can. The rule is on the same page as the GSC tactics, second sentence.

pauman

Ganger
Sep 5, 2016
The way it's worded, it looks like only units with the Cult Icon special rule benefit from the wargear effect, so Aberrant and Genestealers are indeed not affected. Not sure that's what is intended.

Yes, they can. They did it in a very unintuitive way (just like Reivers and Intercessors for Deathwatch), but they can. The rule is on the same page as the GSC tactics, second sentence.
I had not seen it, thanks. yes, they can include purestrain genestealers. sorry.

about the icon... I disagree.
the description of what the item does is inside the datasheet, but it is not limited to the datasheet.

"Cult Icon: You can re-roll hit rolls of 1 for models within 6" of a friendly model with a cult icon in the Fight phase."

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
about the icon... I disagree.
the description of what the item does is inside the datasheet, but it is not limited to the datasheet.

"Cult Icon: You can re-roll hit rolls of 1 for models within 6" of a friendly model with a cult icon in the Fight phase."
Re-reading it, I think you are correct. A unit datasheet seems like a strange place to describe what an item does, but maybe it's standard procedure for 40k and I'm just not used to it.

pauman

Ganger
Sep 5, 2016
Re-reading it, I think you are correct. A unit datasheet seems like a strange place to describe what an item does, but maybe it's standard procedure for 40k and I'm just not used to it.
I am sure right now.

Mind you that tau drones gadgets are also described in the datasheet, but they target enemies and friendly not drone models.

Reactions: Thorgor

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
So I've been thinking about the "fire all the weapons" rule... Maybe it's intended for combi-weapon double tapping?

Or does that not work?
Combi weapons are a single weapon so this rule doesn't change how they work. You can fire both modes, but it's because they have a special rule that allows it:
When attacking with this weapon, choose one or both of the profiles below. If you choose both, subtract 1 from all hit
rolls made for this weapon.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
that’s what has piqued my interest. i’ve always wanted a Kroot gang, or maybe a small force of necrons. not a full army, but an excuse to build a force. maybe a single hive fleet ship has splintered off and a horde of termagants and hormagants survived... my gang of ork Green Supremicists

Reactions: Sethmerlin666

Sethmerlin666

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Honored Tribesman
Jan 31, 2018
Payneham Road, Payneham SA, Australia
that’s what has piqued my interest. i’ve always wanted a Kroot gang, or maybe a small force of necrons. not a full army, but an excuse to build a force. maybe a single hive fleet ship has splintered off and a horde of termagants and hormagants survived... my gang of ork Green Supremicists
No love for the Kroot in there as yet... But Necrons, plenty to choose from.
I'm going to re-resurrect my Harlequins next, OG metal ones I painted up for a Heralds of Ruin campaign a while ago, in a box since, coming back out!
So many things to build, can go for some crazy colour schemes that'd be waaay too much work on a full army.

Reactions: Punktaku