Kill Teams 2018

Discussion in 'Kill Team' started by Sethmerlin666, Mar 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. I was gonna say, I got really excited when they referenced the Gretchin Revolutionary Committee. Are we gonna see Gorkamorka come back soon!?

Tiny and Ben_S like this.
  2. DerekDecker

DerekDecker Ganger

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/05/shadow-war-armageddon-rules-support/

All of the promise they made in this post was delivered. It wouldn't be hard to notice that they have no dedicated team for SW:A, at all.

Not to mention they also FAQ it, twice.

Deleted member 9968 likes this.
  3. Tiny

Tiny Hive Guilder
    Tribe Council

Perhaps a boxed set like the Rogue Trader set, based on the Kill Team rules. e.g. Kill Team: Gorkamorka, which would introduce rules for transport vehicles to Kill Team.

4. Wasteland

Wasteland Ganger

Then GW should have supported SWA for all the loyal fans out there. But they didn´t because they want all SWA fans to buy SWA again in it´s reincarnated form known as Kill-Team. I would be severely annoyed, if I had collected SWA. Let´s hope Necromunda will be alive and kicking after the final house gang will be released.

5. Tiny

Tiny Hive Guilder
    Tribe Council

Why? Why should GW support such a product which was never intended to receive ongoing support? At what point do we become entitled to ongoing support on a product?

SWA was a vehicle to sell some terrain kits by packaging it with a bunch of old kits and a re-hash of the Necromunda rules.

The "fans" are owed nothing. They got the exact product they paid for and can play it forever.

necrobot and Basileus like this.
  6. Wasteland

Wasteland Ganger

Games which lack longevity and are purely used as a selling vehicle for other stuff are useless to me (e.g.: Assassin board game, Imperial Knights Renegade, etc.).

7. Tiny

Tiny Hive Guilder
    Tribe Council

Still doesn't tell me why you feel that SWA fans are owed any ongoing product support.

Do you think Kill Team will be more up your street?

8. Wasteland

Wasteland Ganger

I was at first really interested in Kill-Team when I saw the new Rogue Trafer minis. I love big releases which also come with new and exciting minis like the revamped Space Hulk, Doom 2017, Deathwatch Overkill and Dark Vengeance. I bought all of these boxes. But there are a few things why I won´t buy Kill-Team:

1) Factions don´t get unique models. This is the most important factor. You must go to your 40K collection and pick your usual faceless 40K mooks to participate. While people will save a few bucks doing this it holds no appeal for me. Think about Necromunda for a second. Every gang release came with gorgeous new models.

2) No templates. Why? It´s a skirmish battle and it won´t slow down the game. I really like the anticipation before I toss a grenade and GW robbed me of this experience.

3) I already play two skirmish games namely Necromunda and Freebooter´s Fate (https://yaktribe.games/community/th...a-fantasy-pirate-skirmish-tabletop-game.7179/). I can´t buy extra time to play more skirmish games and enough is enough.

Space Truckin likes this.
  9. Tiny

Tiny Hive Guilder
    Tribe Council

To me this is the whole point of Kill Team. You can play with your existing collection or only need to purchase a single kit to get started. They are of course also giving us some lovely unique minis in the form of Rogue Trader (and likely more other sets in future). Sounds like the best of both worlds to me.

Could you share with us how these kind of weapons work in the new Kill Team rules and why it is so bad? I haven't seen the rulebook yet.

So why so concerned about it if you have no interest in it? I guess that it may affect the Necromunda release schedule if it is popular but that is of no concern to me. I already have forces for about a dozen different games. NCE included. At least for this one I won't need any new minis.

Ben_S likes this.
  10. Gunkaiser

Gunkaiser Ganger

U don't see the big deal about templates; most (small scale) skirmish games I'm familiar with don't have them. They're a lot more common at the platoon level and greater.

Deleted member 9968 and Tiny like this.
  11. Wasteland

Wasteland Ganger

I would have bought it anyway, if the models would have been unique. Even if I don´t have time to play it.

12. Tiny

Tiny Hive Guilder
    Tribe Council

Same here. They're literally the worst thing to happen to Bolt Action 2nd Edition and losing them was one of the best things to happen to 40K.

Jfredona and DarkNwss like this.
  13. YellowSkin

YellowSkin Juve

I’m very curious as to how similar KT will be to N17. Somehow I get the feeling KT and N17 rules will profit from each other. As Infeel they will be very similar.

14. Tiny

Tiny Hive Guilder
    Tribe Council

Ok. Buy it if you want, don't if you don't. Doesn't affect me at all either way.

Did you have any info regarding my other questions?

15. Ben_S

Ben_S Hive Guilder
    Honored Tribesman

Nothing stops you using existing kits to convert your own unique Kill Team in Inq28/Blanchitsu style. Sure, you CAN use faceless mooks from your 40k army, but no one forces you to do so.

EDIT: A great chance to do things like your own IG regiment or renegades without having to commit to a whole army or even a squad.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/741217.page

#95 Ben_S, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  16. Punktaku

Punktaku Un-Dis-Honored
    Honored Tribesman

faceless mooks become colorful characters with the right paint job. personal heraldry. face paint. unique insignia (maybe they’re all from different units of the same force? “the survivors”).

17. Tiny

Tiny Hive Guilder
    Tribe Council

I look forward to my Gorkamorka Orks getting to kick some ass in another system. They're converted mostly from the Boyz, Grots and Nobz kits. Maybe I will kitbash a few Lootas or Burnas to go with them. They will be far from "faceless mooks".

The same goes for these "faceless mooks" who will accompany my Death Guard.

Also a good excuse to pick up some new Scions to go with my Renegade Guard. i.e. this kit:

spafe and Ben_S like this.
  18. Space Truckin

Space Truckin Gang Hero
    Yak Supporter

@spafe I'll see if I can dig up a link. I remember a lot of independant retailers getting miffed that they were sold on supporting the game at Gama and then GW fell through with deliveries and then the many month wait to just print a rulebook.

I'll work on my Google skills and see if I can dig it up.

spafe likes this.
  19. Thorgor

Thorgor Of The YAQ

I'm mainly interested in the new rules and thanks the Emprah they will be selling the rulebook separately (and it will contain the full rules and 16 factions in a single book, and it should be playable out of the box... smart move Geedubs, smart move...).
    If I didn't already have a mountain of unassembled/unpainted Necromunda stuff to work on, I could be interested in the base box too, but I'll pass as I don't really need anything else but the rules (I should have enough painted necrons lying around to build a kill team, and enough terrain to fill the small play area)

No template is far from a deal breaker to me. Honestly, Blast templates are largely unecessary: you don't need them to target a point and hit everything in a X" radius around it. For flamers, it will really depend on how they managed them. All that we know about them is that they auto-hit. Maybe they hit everything in a 1" wide line or something, no template needed for that as you can just use the ruler as a makeshift template.

The only thing I'm wary about are the 6 tactic cards unique to each starter set. I don't really like the idea of rules you can't get anywhere else being bundled with minis and terrains you may not need. But I trust the internet will provide, as it usually does.

Peroxide Cowboy, Stoof, Tiny and 3 others like this.
  20. FerociousBeast

FerociousBeast Gang Champion

Kill Team looks great. The Shadespire team has a good rep, so I have faith it’s going to be a tight, fun game. My only beef with KT is that I can’t help but feel that it’s going to be the game N17 should’ve been. So that’s where my sense of “mixed feelings” comes from.

Tiny, Ardavion and Space Truckin like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice