N18 Leader Killed in First Activation of Campaign

Not all scenarios are created equal. Some are not the best for starting a campaign. Any with Sentries is asking for trouble. Any with lopsided rewards for winning are too. And, any with enemy fighters starting inches away can be problematic.

Orlocks with a Heavy Bolter? Me, too! Except, my opponents bring the "Click" card. Sucks.

Finally, Ambots are NOT the solution to a down-and-out comeback! In the immortal words of the 80's big-hair rock band Ratt, "What goes around comes around."

OK, speaking of memorable moments, my Cawdor set a Delaque owned Ambot ablaze on Turn One, and it ran hither-and-fro on fire for the next four turns. Still warms my heart.

Heartstrings are being pulled man.

Great story tho... let the narrative win out!!

Unfournatly suffered a similar loss with my Orlock leader (Charged by Goliath Leader and ripped to shreds in my first battle) However i was lucky, i still won the battle thanks in huge part to my champion and his heavy bolter. (Who scored himself a total of 8 exp +1 for taking part) In the following battle he was nominated as my leader and I was down to a crew of 6 i had felt that the whole team would probably be limping though the campaing now... but no, we decisivly win the next battle with my champ/leader taking out all but one of the opponents. (10 exp +1 for taking part +1 for being the leader) Four battles down the line i have enough money to buy a leader but i don't want to as my champion is rocking it, (he's now had 4 advances and is close to getting another and is feared by most of the other gangs) so instead i bought myself an Ambot, (we have a crew of 8 thanks to a lucky settlement roll, we have ended up becoming a bit of a bolter spam which wasn't the intention (5 bolters 1 heavy botler, 1 multimelter, 1 Ambot) but the gang is sitting with the highest rep but still a fairly low (for our campaign) rating. So i'm choosing to not see the loss of a leader as the final nail in the coffin for a gang.

And, that folks, is all done with Orlocks! Orlocks don't typically spend much time at the top of the food chain. Oh, and did y'all just ban the "Click" card?

Oh, and did y'all just ban the "Click" card?
Our group has banned every card.

The idea behind Tactics cards is great, but they were implemented so badly that it's not even funny. Balance between cards is horrible and there are way too many NPE cards with effects that shouldn't be in the game (or any game, for that matter).

All leaders die sooner or later. For Goliaths it is now extra painful because the gang will for ever lose some of the best or most unique gene-smithing options (The Tyrant's Own, increase two characteristics).

Our group has banned every card.

The idea behind Tactics cards is great, but they were implemented so badly that it's not even funny. Balance between cards is horrible and there are way too many NPE cards with effects that shouldn't be in the game (or any game, for that matter).
True that the majority are too situational, or just not worthwhile. But, we don't leave home without our decks of 20 for each player. Too much fun, and too may interesting options.

And, that folks, is all done with Orlocks! Orlocks don't typically spend much time at the top of the food chain. Oh, and did y'all just ban the "Click" card?

Not ban but in order to bring a bit of balance to the Tactics cards we utilise a random draw from the pre-packed decks. This reduced the amount of times those silver bullet cards can be pulled and makes the games more fun and erratic.

OK, MY turn. Last night, in the middle of a most unfortunate series of events (for me) I managed to hit, but not wound a most evil Goliath Leader. However, set him ablaze with the Shotgun's Inferno Rounds. He was on a high perch, but did not fall. When he activated, on fire, he jumped up and ran right off the high perch , and fell a long way. Took a wound. He did not put out the fire.

Playing with Badzone Events we then drew "Labyrinth." When next he Activated, the blazing G-man had no line of sight to another fighter. He failed his Intelligence check, and I could place him anywhere within 12" (I do NOT write the rules). So, I, uh, placed his still flaming Leader back on that high perch. I know...but if I explained how so many prior BZ events went against me so badly, you'd surely sympathize. Then, the poor behemoth ran off the perch AGAIN, and was wounded again. Rolled Out of Action. And then suffered a Memorable Death! See ya, wouldn't want to be ya! The only thing for me that went right that night. But, wait! Don't judge me!

AFTER the game, I rolled doubles for my Collapsed Dome territory. No credits, and a random fighter gets a Lasting Injury. Yup, my beloved Orlock Leader suffers a Memorable Death, too. Memorable for all the wrong reasons.

Last edited:
That are some crazy events! It goes to show the true random nature of this game. And also how ridiculous some combos are, like blaze, Labyrinth and falling down the same place 2 times.

It is the rules, can't argue with that!

I didn't tell y'all we randomly rolled up Ambush. I won the most important roll of the night, and chose to Attack. My guys (and girls) have Combat Shotguns with Firestorm ammo, hehe. So, I set up all nice and close like, behind LOS blocking terrain. So, ready to spring out and roast some stuffed Goliaths!

I turned over the very FIRST randomly chosen Badzone Event Card, out of a deck of 19? Dome Collapse!!! ALL fighters on the board knocked prone! Except his Leader with Nerves of Steel (and a Heavy Bolter). Only one of my fighters could stand up and had a target. My Arms Master who shot his standing Leader, and set him on fire. But, the Ambush was blown all to heck. Oh, I had left at home my deviously designed deck of Tactics Cards with some extra Action cards. I was using a back up deck of leftovers that had none. Grrr.

But, my Goliath opponent had randomly drawn Inhuman Resilience! EACH of his Pinned fighters (so his whole gang) immediately stands up. Within charge range of my Orlocks. The Ambushers become the Ambushees. Later, toss in four 1's to set Goliaths on fire and that summed up my night. Oh, and my Leader dying AFTER the game.

But I bow to the OP's FIRST ever game.

Last edited:
T'was a "she." One of the new set of three female Orlocks from Forge World (Plasma pistol and chainsword). I not only suffer suffered a Memorable Death after the game, but also during the game. Yes, rolled Boxcars twice! The ingame KIA was yet another freshly painted new Forge World female Orlock, with a Combat Shotgun. Breaking through the glass ceiling 'round here just ain't easy!

You guys are so lucky... I've been trying to get my SlaanEscher Queen killed so I can promote a Move 8 Death Maiden to a Move 10 Combat Queen of the Necropolis.