Necromunda Little help required - Changing ganger type

Sombremine

May 16, 2020
Hi all,
First post here.
I am building my gang but I have still some questions :
Let's say I have bought a Juve for my Orlock but in the end (and before any game are played) I want to make him a champion or a Ganger because I have enough credit to do so. How do I do that without screwing up all the credits I have left ?
There's really something I must not get right .... or may be not and I have to restart from scratch the whole gang ?
Thanks in advance for your help

cardyfreak

Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.org
You can change the type of any fighter within the tools.

To do this select the fighter from your roster to enter the detailed breakdown screen, the one where you add equipment and skills and stats etc.

Beneath the fighters stats you should see a number of boxes, one of which is called ‘functions’. Select this, then select the box labelled ‘type’. This will bring up a drop-down and enable you to alter the fighters type.

Hope this helps (y)

Sombremine

May 16, 2020
Hey thanks for your help.
However, it seems when I change the type from let's say ganger to juve, I don't get the 25 credits back, or may be I am mistaken ?

cardyfreak

Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.org
Ah I didn’t read your question properly. You’re wanting to change his type while still planning the gang.
You can do it as I’ve described but the tools won’t reimburse you any money or change the cost of the fighter, the function tool is usually used when a Juve is promoted or whatever. You can change the value of the fighter though by using the cost adjust in the same functions tab. You add or subtract the difference between the two fighter costs and they’ll show up on the card. Then you have to manually alter the amount of credits the gang has from the main gang screen, below the gang stats will be an edit button. From here you can change how much money is in the stash.

if the changes aren’t adding up, try refreshing the browser and it should all tally.