N18 Living Necromunda (Complete Homebrew)

Dec 5, 2021
Reinforcements (X)
You make some great points. I think I will change the Reinforcement (X) rule as follows.

"After a priority roll, players randomly select D3 fighters from their gang reinforcements in order of priority. At the start of the action phase, players take turns placing their chosen fighters, no more than 3" from the edge of the battlefield and no more than 12" from enemy fighters, in order of priority. If this is not possible, deploy your reinforcements as far as possible from the enemy fighters within 3" from the edge of the battlefield."

"Reinforcements sent out this round can only be activated once the player has no other units left with ready markers. Reinforcements that come out this round cannot initiate a group activation or participate in a group activation."

This is just the YCE rules but I took off the requirement to have them on the ground floor. I forgot there was already reinforcement rules in the core rules and really like how they are better than the base game.

Something to Prove
You are absolutely right that the Equalizers and other catch up mechanics already make up for this. I'll remove it from the list.

I really want a set of rules to determine a sort of NPC component so that a third party is not always needed. I just want to have these as a cool option to create a bit of variety without needing another person. You are right however that I should not focus on these while I work on the main rules and something I can test. I will put these to the side and maybe later make 3 scenarios that involve them so that players can select them if they want.

I do not really have the models to implement these rules on the tabletop so it is more aspirational anyway. They seem complicated but I really like Trashwizz's implementation because it really is just "roll and look at the chart" .

Fog of War (X)
My intention with these rules is to make the position of enemy units unknown. These "Blips" serve as possible spawn points where fighters can position themselves and cause havoc. If in the right position, it also allows fighters the ability to start a large and consequential group activation. I think this is at least a good drafted solution to create a bit of hidden information in the game. I do not think that it is too much rules (of which the NPC rules definitely are). If anything, I might implement the following changes if you think they seem like good ideas.
  • Fighters forcibly revealed do not gain the pinned or ready markers
  • All "Blips" get the following action
    • Disappear (Basic): Remove the "Blip" from the battlefield
The Disappear action will allow cornered "Blips" that have not been revealed to vanish so as to not put fighters out of position. They can be used as ways to manipulate your enemy's positioning.

The hidden information with the "Blips" is the final location of enemy fighters and I think that is a pretty consequential effect. I do not want to give up on this mechanic yet and instead wat to implement it in some scenarios to give it a shot.

I think my next goal is to create a list of scenarios and format the scenario special rules in the actual document.

Dec 5, 2021
I also read somewhere about making "Charge" a basic action that only moves a fighter M" and I think that sounds like a pretty cool idea

Dec 5, 2021
I have written out the 6 General Scenarios for gangs to choose from. They are supposed to be playable on any battlefield and work as a good standard scenario. Feel free to critique them.

I also added the scenario special rules to the document and added the "Horrors In The Dark" Special rule (though I might change it later). My next plan is to either create the Cunning Scenarios or the Brutal Scenarios. I still need to add the orks to the House Legacy document. Once I have that done, I want to see about getting an online playtesting group going to help motivate me to clean up the documents and see what works and what doesn't. That will also give me the chance to start building and painting models and terrain for more in person play.

1. Skirmish
Battlefield:

• Zone Mortalis - Standard
  • Sector Mechanicus - Standard
  • Ash Wastes - Standard

Crew: Custom (1d6+4) - Players select 1d6+4 fighters from their gang to make up their crew.

Deployment: Roll off to see who gets to draw a line dividing the battlefield into 2 equal halves. All fighters must be set up at least 12” away from the dividing line. The winner of the roll off may either choose which side they wish to deploy their fighters and deploy first or cede that choice to their opponent and deploy second.

Tactics: Custom (2) - search the tactics deck for 2 cards and add them to your hand. Underdog crews may draw one additional card at random.

Objectives: Last Man Standing - The last remaining gang wins the scenario. If no gang remains, the conflict is a draw.

Special Rules: Reinforcements

Rewards:

• Winner receives +2d6x10 Credits and 1 Reputation
  • Loser receives +1d6x10 Credits
  • Fighters gain +1 EXP for each of the below
    • First time they wound an enemy
    • Per enemy taken Out of Action
    • First time they Rally in a match
    • Per Champion or Leader taken Out of Action
    • If they take part of the battle (Not Juves)

1. Big Score
Battlefield:

• Ash Wastes - Standard

Crew: Custom (1d6+4) - Players select 1d6+4 fighters from their gang to make up their crew.

Deployment: Roll off to see who gets to draw a line dividing the battlefield into 2 equal halves. All fighters must be set up at least 12” away from the dividing line. The winner of the roll off may either choose which side they wish to deploy their fighters and deploy first or cede that choice to their opponent and deploy second.

After deployment, starting with the gang who finished deploying fighters first, take turns deploying one of the following:

• 6 loot caskets within 6” of the center
  • 6 barricades or other forms of cover

Tactics: Custom (2) - search the tactics deck for 2 cards and add them to your hand. Underdog crews may draw one additional card at random.

Objectives: The battle ends when any of the following are true:

• Last Man Standing - The last remaining gang wins the scenario. If no gang remains, the conflict is a draw.
  • Grabbed the Bag - Any gang that has 3+ loot caskets in the gang’s deployment zone at the start of the End Phase wins the scenario.

Special Rules: Horrors In The Dark

Rewards:

• Gangs receive +2d6x10 Credits per Loot Casket in the gang’s deployment zone
  • Gangs modify their Reputation by the following
    • +1d3 Reputation to the winner
    • -1 Reputation for bottling out

1. Looters
Battlefield:

• Ash Wastes - Standard

After deployment, starting with the gang who finished deploying fighters first, take turns deploying 4 loot caskets within 2” of the middle line.

The escape route is the battlefield edge of the attacker’s deployment zone.

Tactics: Random (3) - Draw three times from the tactics deck and add them to your hand. Underdog crews may draw one additional card at random.

• Looting the Battlefield - The attackers are attempting to secure the 4 loot caskets and move them off via their escape route. The caskets are valuable whether or not they have been opened, even if converted into an ammo cache - however, if the ammo cache is exhausted it can't be claimed by the attacker. Note that only those 4 loot caskets placed as part of this scenario can be claimed by the attacker. The attacker automatically wins if they claim more loot caskets then left on the battlefield. If one of the 4 loot caskets (or ammo caches) are within 1” of the attacker’s board edge at the start of the End phase, it is claimed and removed from the battlefield. Any attacking fighters within 1” of the escape route can escape at the start of the End phase (even if Seriously Injured). They count as being Out of Action for the purposes of Bottle tests. The defender wins if there are more unclaimed loot caskets at the end of the battle than claimed.
  • Last Man Standing - The last remaining gang wins the scenario. If no gang remains, the conflict is a draw.

Special Rules: Home Turf Advantage, Attacker and Defender (Selector), Reinforcements

Rewards:

• Attacking Gangs receive +1d3x10 Credits per Loot Casket claimed from the defender’s stash. Note that the attacker cannot gain more than the defender loses.
    • +1 per claimed loot casket to the attacker.
    • +1 per unclaimed loot casket to the defender.
    • -2 to the attacker if all 4 loot caskets were unclaimed.
    • -2 to the defender if all 4 loot caskets were claimed.

1. Last Stand
Battlefield:

• Ash Wastes - Standard

Crew: Crews depend on if the gang is the attacker or the defender.

• Defender - Custom (1d3+6)
  • Attacker - Random (1d3+5)

Deployment: Deployment depends on if the gang is the attacker or the defender.

• Defender - Deployed within 6” of the center of the battlefield and deploys first
  • Attacker - Deployed within 2” of all battlefield edges and deploys second

Tactics: Random (3) - Draw three times from the tactics deck and add them to your hand. Underdog crews may draw one additional card at random.

Objectives: To The Death - The battle ends when only one or no gangs have fighters remaining on the battlefield at the end of the round. If the Defender has fighters (not Seriously Injured or Broken) on the battlefield by the start of the 7th round or any round after, the Defender wins. Otherwise, the Attacker wins.

Special Rules: Home Turf Advantage, Attacker and Defender (Gang Rating), Reinforcements (Attacker Only)

Rewards:

• Credits and Reputation depends on how long the Defenders were able to hold out
    • Round 1-2
      • Attacker gains 2d6x10 Credits and +3 Reputation
      • Defender loses 3 Reputation
    • Round 3-4
      • Attacker gains 1d6x10 Credits and +2 Reputation
      • Defender gains 1d3x10 Credits and +1 Reputation
    • Round 5-6
      • Attacker gains 1d3x10 Credits and +1 Reputation
      • Defender gains 1d6x10 Credits and +2 Reputation
    • Round 7+
      • Attacker loses 3 Reputation
      • Defender gains 2d6x10 Credits and +3 Reputation

1. Border Dispute
Battlefield:

• Ash Wastes - Standard

Crew: Random (1d3+3) - Players randomly select 1d3+3 fighters from their gang to make up their crew.

Deployment: Roll off to see who gets to draw a line dividing the battlefield into 2 equal halves. The winner picks one halt to be their Turf, then sets up a random fighter from their crew within 1” of the center of the battlefield in their own half. The other gang then does the same.

Then, starting with the gang that set up the first fighter, take turns setting up one of the remaining fighters in the crew within their own Turf, at least 12” from the dividing line.

Finally, each gang sets up a gang relic in their own deployment zone, at least 5” away from any edge of the battlefield.

While not defiled, gang relics provide the following:

• +2 to Ld & Cool tests by friendly fighters within 6”.
  • Any Active fighter within 1” of an enemy relic can make a Double action to defile it.
  • +D3 XP to a fighter defiling a relic.
  • Once defiled, it no longer offers any bonuses and can't be wrecked again.

Objectives: Mark Your Claim - The game immediately ends when only one gang has fighters remaining at the end of the round. The gang with fighters left on the battlefield, not including Seriously Injured fighters and a gang relic that is not defiled wins. Otherwise the battle is a draw. If a gang Bottles out and flees the battlefield, the opponent automatically wins and a fighter that took in the battle may be selected by the winner to defile the opponent’s relic.

Special Rules: Reinforcements

Rewards:

• Gangs whose relic was not defiled gain 1d6x10 Credits. Gangs whose relic was defiled gain 1d3x10 Credits.
    • +2 if only the opponent’s relic was defiled
    • -2 if only the gang’s relic was defiled

1. Scavenge
Battlefield:

• Ash Wastes - Standard

Crew: Custom (1d3+7) - Players select 1d3+7 fighters from their gang to make up their crew.

Players take turns deploying 2d6 scrap starting with the player who finished deploying last. Each scrap must be 6” away from another piece of scrap and 12” away from the player’s deployment edge.

A fighter within 1” of scrap can make the Loot (Double) action to see if it contains anything useful. Roll 1d6 and consult the following chart. Regardless of the result, the scrap is removed from the battlefield.

• 1: Booby Trap! The fighter must make an Intelligence Check. On failure, the scrap explodes like a frag trap (Str 3, D 1, Blast(5”), Knockback). On success, the frag trap is disarmed and is added to the gang’s stash.
  • 2-3: Nothing
  • 4+: The gang scores 1 loot point

• Last Man Standing - There is one or no gangs remaining. If there is scrap still left on the battlefield, any remaining gang may claim that scrap on a 4+. Roll each scrap individually.
  • Nothing Left - There is no more scrap on the battlefield.

Regardless of how the battle ends, the gang that has the most loot points is the winner

Special Rules:

Rewards:

• Gangs receive 1d3x10 Credits per loot point they claimed.
    • +1d3 Reputation to the winner
    • -1 Reputation to any gang that bottled out

breegull

Ganger
Mar 29, 2022
You might check out the game Core Space for inspiration on NPCs. It has a bunch of different automated NPC types (civilians, workers, gangers, law enforcement, security guards, bounty hunters, scavengers, news crew, prospectors, beasts, beast hunters)