N18 Look at my outcast idea

locleos

Ganger
Apr 19, 2022

This isn't so much a "help me with my gang" kind of post as it's a "look at this cool idea" kind of post. It's basically an outcast gang with Yageloth the Delaque kind-of-bounty-hunter as a leader. We've got a bunch of psychic powers, Escher affiliation for gear access with extra toxin and good weaponry... And that's about it.

I thought it was cool because I've yet to see a gang with toxins and gas that didn't look like it'd be fighting an extremely uphill battle against the stronger gangs. And there's really good synergy between Escher's cheap, good weaponry (but usually tied to dolls that are expensive for what they are) and Outcast's bad, but cheap gangers.

Last edited:
Reactions: spafe

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
I like how you've described the list, but gotta say I'm not a fan of the actual list. I assume the champ with the grenade laucnher will be getting choke grenades soon? Otherwise while you say you have a lot of toxins and gas, you only have 2 fighters with toxin, none with gas, and the bunch of psykic powers are all on a single fighter. The rest of the list just seems a bit bland to me. Dont get me wrong, its a strong list, anything to unlock bolter spam, and the excher cheap lasguns make outcasts very nice, but it doesnt encourage the theme to me and has a fair bit of repetition.

Looks like a decent mix of fun theme and strong choices though so I cant knock that. I'm currently trying to work out how to force some themes through an outcast list without compromising the power level of the gang too much and really struggling so what you've got does work at both some theme and some strength which is commendable.

Scabs

Gang Hero
Feb 4, 2014
San Diego. CA, USA
It is cool! But, I would not have the guts to run a close combat oriented OC Leader with Infiltrate. Because, lose the Leader, lose the gang. Other than that, why not?

locleos

Ganger
Apr 19, 2022
I like how you've described the list, but gotta say I'm not a fan of the actual list. I assume the champ with the grenade laucnher will be getting choke grenades soon? Otherwise while you say you have a lot of toxins and gas, you only have 2 fighters with toxin, none with gas, and the bunch of psykic powers are all on a single fighter. The rest of the list just seems a bit bland to me. Dont get me wrong, its a strong list, anything to unlock bolter spam, and the excher cheap lasguns make outcasts very nice, but it doesnt encourage the theme to me and has a fair bit of repetition.

Looks like a decent mix of fun theme and strong choices though so I cant knock that. I'm currently trying to work out how to force some themes through an outcast list without compromising the power level of the gang too much and really struggling so what you've got does work at both some theme and some strength which is commendable.
Well, it's meant to use toxins effectively, it's not meant to be a toxin themed gang per se. That's mostly just a way to tie together Yageloth with the Escher affiliation.

The grenade guy is mostly there for versatility - it's one of the few weapons that feels *different* for around 80c. I *do* plan to get an escher template gas weapons for the other champion.

I do take the repetition point, I got excited about having boltgun access on gangers after playing delaque. I should diversify one of those.

Lasguns gangers are kind of inherently repetitive, and I do plan on having a bunch of them to work around the champion limitation without bankrupting myself. Long term the plan would be getting 4 more lasgun gangers so I can have a 3rd champion. I also want to expose the two champions I currently have to Ghast.

So I'm probably keeping the lasgun spam, although I don't disagree that it's a little cheesy and doesn't do much to create unique gangers.

It is cool! But, I would not have the guts to run a close combat oriented OC Leader with Infiltrate. Because, lose the Leader, lose the gang. Other than that, why not?
That's kind of the beautiful thing, this is very much the Yageloth show. Her special rule lets her ignore serious injury rolls, instead disappearing off the board and reappearing in the end phase. In combination with the frenzon collar, she can roll twice and pick one option when people roll 1 injury dice against her, or roll 1 less if they roll more. She's immune to gas and toxins, and has a power that makes her immune to attacks with the melta and blaze properties. We use a 1 free maintain power per round house rule, so it should be usable if people ever field meltas.

But also yes, a lot of early credit spends will be stuff that protects her specifically, e.g. a Holochromatic Field, Ceramite Shield and a Stim-slug Stash. That gives her a 1+ save in the front (yes, yes, 2+ is the best possible), and -2 to getting hit on range.

If I play this gang in a campaign with trading post access, I'll put some effort into getting discounts (savant skills and forged guilder seal?) and being able to make a dc 15 check as early as possible for the psychic weapon attachment. Sever on a phase toxin weapon will be very nasty. She'll ignore wounds and armour, and put anything she manages to hit and roll at least their toughness -1 out of action.

Scabs

Gang Hero
Feb 4, 2014
San Diego. CA, USA
First you should put some thought into how you want to run your Leader and what weapons, war gear, and skills to give her. ;-)

That's the most well-conceived thing in Necromunda I've ever seen. Now, you may lose some friendships.