N18 Looking for a map making software for campaign

David Hobson

Feb 12, 2018
Aberdeen, UK
Hello everyone.

Im arbitrating a campaign at my local store and id like to add a map element. I already have a hex map in mind and i have a few ideas on some modifications to the dominion campaign to make it work the way I want.

What i need help with are tools or software for creating a map. Right now i am looking at Worldographer (http://worldographer.com/) to make a map, but id like to find some suitable icons to use for the different terrain types.

Conversely, if anyone has any software they can use for a campaign map that theyd recommend, that would be great.

Honestly I just use Inkscape (free version for graphics software) to do my my hex based maps and stick a black and white map behind them.

Originally I just did colour coding to show who owned what territory but when GW released the PDF gang cards it included their gang symbol artworks that I now use.

I don’t bother with symbols to represent territories because there are too many different types to do properly.

mid you want the base file for my maps send me a PM asking for it with your email address and I will send it out to you when I’m back home after the holidays on the 5th or 6th.

Reactions: sumpthing