Loriel's Terrain / Model Blog

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
Introduction

Hello! I am a long time Warhammer, Necromunda and mordheim player and this is my random blog of random stuff. This blog contains mostly Necromunda stuff, but occational warhammer fantasy battle + Mordheim items also can come accross.

Last update (22.8.2019)

Warcry Projects

Necromunda Projects

Mordheim Projects

Warhammer Fantasy Battle / 9th Age

Other projects

Last edited:

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
Thanks for feedbacks.

I need the wisdom of Yakromunda Elders. I have tried to make this "toxic spill" using this youtube video as guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ST8lvY2tE .

they seem to be perfect after one or two days after coating that area around and the color is just excellent. But then after a couple more days colors just evaporates and it can only be seen near edges. At this picture there is basicly a CD disk, that is coated with Citadel Chaos Black Spray, then two layers of slighty watered "toxic waste mixture".

Should I try out to have like light green base for example goblin green to the base. Or do I have too much water on the mixture or too little? Or perhaps should I decrease/increase the doze of color. Or is that Erikeeper stuff I am using just shitty for this kind of thing.

zL8m8m7h.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

obar

Winged Monkey
Oct 19, 2011
Goteborg, Sweden
I have not used any of these products yet, but I think the following: More coats, since the sludge is green where the layer is the thickest. Basecoat the area you want covered in a slighlty darker shade than the sludge itself.

Would also like to add that you have some really cool stuff going on!

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
obar said:
I have not used any of these products yet, but I think the following: More coats, since the sludge is green where the layer is the thickest. Basecoat the area you want covered in a slighlty darker shade than the sludge itself.

Thanks for quick reply!

I tried this and at first glance it seems to do the trick. This is basicly very watery goblin green + chaos black on top of two layers of sludge ;) Lets see how it turns out to be in couple days ;)

FZl5GGwh.jpg

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
Hello. I added some pictures from my Gang and my latest project dog made from green stuff. I almost didn't post that dog since it looks perhaps the most disfigured and hopeless model ever, but then I realized that not everything have to be pretty and etc. ;) Anyhow that was my 5th green stuff work (I did those extra barrels on 4 models from gs) and I prolly have to do it again. anyway here is link to imgur http://imgur.com/a/6dHXm for the dog and here is for the gang http://imgur.com/a/kMZkh

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
obar said:

Thanks this really worked. The picture that I posted to imgur doesn't capture the glare effect but trust me that in real it looks great! Here is link to imgur http://imgur.com/a/a02J1

cardyfreak said:
That dog is awesome.
Rusty101 said:
Really like your terrain, I think the real meat is in the painting and you've done a great job of that. An inspiration of what you can do with simple everyday objects +1.
Thanks to both of you! I have to admit that getting positive feedback really pushes one forward. ;D

I added many new pictures to my Gang album http://imgur.com/a/kMZkh . I am very happy about my Heavy gangers Boris and Stanislav! Here is the imo "the best pictures"

Stanislav "Shadow flame" Slynt
ka9Yf4Th.jpg

He is equipped with Shotgun and Flamer. He also got a horrible scars from plasma gun shot, so I tried to add some red burned flesh to him. Originally he was holding one pistol in his right arm. I added two barrels to it from green stuff to represent saw-off shotgun. I did his flamer tanks from straws and added some gs to the top. tubes are iron wire, there is small piece of sprue bits. The flamers bar is actually broken hand drill and the nozzle is straw. I planned to add some green stuff flames to it.

Boris "Multi bullet" Sorokin
Mkh1apzh.jpg

He was also pistol dude that holded a pistol in his left hand. I cutted his hand and pistol off. Then I putted it back sideways. He has heavy stubber. That subber is basicly two sprue bits stucked to gether and a paper is going past them. Then there is some paper slates for added texture, straw as nozzle. Those bullets are too big, I tried to make them from green stuff but I really failed to make them smaller. I probably will do them again someday.

I also added new album for industrial terrain. http://imgur.com/a/U3lDI . I got inspiration to do these can terrains from this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb2TYAf_k3I

chitching

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Sep 12, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
I like that Flamer. Kind of WW2 German portable flame-thrower! Anvil Industry makes great bullet belts - http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/index.ph ... uct_id=146

They look great on models and work amazingly for converting Lasguns to Bolters!
They also do some great weapons that fit well into 40K and Necro (including a double shotgun which can be left open, like it's being reloaded which you may find interesting!)

Really loving the Industrial terrain you uploaded, they look like they would be great to play on!

Reactions: NeekUK

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
chitching said:
I like that Flamer. Kind of WW2 German portable flame-thrower! Anvil Industry makes great bullet belts - http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/index.ph ... uct_id=146

They look great on models and work amazingly for converting Lasguns to Bolters!
They also do some great weapons that fit well into 40K and Necro (including a double shotgun which can be left open, like it's being reloaded which you may find interesting!)
Thanks for tip. Too bad Boris died in the first game and unless I am doing retirement for my gang (which is not an option imo) I have a LOOONG time before I can afford another Heavy Stubber on my heavy :p...

chitching said:
Really loving the Industrial terrain you uploaded, they look like they would be great to play on!
Thanks! They are nice, still need to add lots of catwalks, and real ladders. So far we have just "decided" that there are magical ladders, which can be used to climp up.

I decided to have a female ganger on my Shadow Warriors. Here is Nadja work on progress
Imgur link

djmothra

Magister Competere
Yak Supporter
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Jan 6, 2013
Ho Chi Minh City, VietNam
chitching said:
I've seen staples used well for rungs of ladders. You can then add some broken ones in for flavour!
That's exactly what I use, take at look at my link below, there's a water tower on my blog with staples (exactly 3 staples wide) used as ladder rungs, if anyone wants more details and pics, i can put them up.

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
djmothra said:
chitching said:
I've seen staples used well for rungs of ladders. You can then add some broken ones in for flavour!
That's exactly what I use, take at look at my link below, there's a water tower on my blog with staples (exactly 3 staples wide) used as ladder rungs, if anyone wants more details and pics, i can put them up.
I actually used staples on my "waterstill". Here is picture I had hard time to push those staples in those cans and actually ran out of em too. Must go to buy more.

Djmothra your terrain looks really nice!

Necroplayer said:
Nice work! More pics please!
Thank you. I will post more! My latest addition is new "industrial terrain" made out of grinded meat box and mushroom box. Link to album . Very simple and fast done (took me about 10 minutes to get them in the shape they are in the picture. We are in rush to have more terrain in our necromunda games. All in all they look decent with minimun effort. Here is a picture of the original mushroom packet and Grinded meat

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
I finished Nadja. I used alot more gloss varnish on her jacket and it really "sparkles" when light hits it. Even so it looks pretty mono colored in these pictures in real life it has more flavor ;)