Loriel's Terrain / Model Blog

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
@Dr.Fishy....NOOOOoo thanks for the kind words. I have to say that I like the way that lugger turned out to be. especially since it doesn't have any green stuff.

@ThreeDice technically the part that lugger is stading on is ... i don't know what it is actually. It came from my "million box" of stuff. I think it is from old digibox that i have deassembled.

--------------

Speaking of creativity I got yet another great idea (I will not reveal it yet) but as a teaser I decided to invest little bit for tools. Just ordered this couple days ago and it should arrival sometime in next week.

7002146.jpg

Reactions: TakUnderhand

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Loads of people seem to use that sort of thing for turning xps insulation foam into scenery (dungeon tiles for D&D and the like). Seems pretty expensive to me though.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Well, the tube and wire thing I had cut fine, but right angles and shapes were nearly impossible as it was a hand held unit. I'm using past tense because it was also cheap and broke easily.

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
@Ben_S roughly 80 - 90 % of the foams I have aquired hasn't cost me anything. I have scavenged them all around like frenzied racoon. (I have couple friends that works in house building sector and they tend to have lot of waste. and one of my friend works in newspaper company that uses foamcore billboards all the time. We have scavenged those foamcores)

That device was quite expensive (130 euros), (especially since this is my hobby) But after years of scavenging trash, building stuff up with crude tools etc. I wanted to pamper my self.

I still need quite alot practice using this device, but I did some work with it yesterday and the satisfaction it gives :D:D:D you cant put a price tag on that :D:D:D:D

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
It was the expense of the device, rather than the foam, that I had in mind. I don't think it's something I could justify myself. I look forward to seeing what you do with it though.

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
heh, thanks for the suggestions. My gaming group friends suggested calling it Baabel (inspired by tower of babel) perhaps Sector Baabel (two A because finnish version is Baabelin Torni)

I like the arcology However Ecology + Architechture isn't perhaps the best combination when talking about necromunda. But the name could be from ancient time when it indeed was ecological..., for Necropolis i think it is too generic name for my personal taste.

Arcology of Baabel