Lyndons log of seemingly random stuff!

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016
The bases are meant to be weathered primary colours, similar to the original terrain. They look better in real life, honest. The colours seem washed out from the camera flash.

I'm now thinking of painting all the base edges black to unify them. I'll see how that looks

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016
Started work on my entry for Yakcomp 27. 1st up is a random pile of parts. Not all of these will end up being used, and I'll probably change my mind on half of them, but it shows where I'm starting from.

Finally, the assembly as of now. Still needs some detail work, and I'm not too sure about the whip, but I'm happy with the rest of it.

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016
Was it really over a month ago when I started this?

To prove I'm still here and not making stuff up or anything, here's a current wip. Only 2 weeks to go, right?

I'm not sure if I should be painting his cloak orange, to match the gun, or some other shade. I hear some of the local underhivers are a bit fond of orange in particular.

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Orange is the devils colour, to attract HIS attention is to invite pain and suffering! (Unless of course you are painting a Trl-Bru logo) :p:D

Really love your character, I envision him as being a rogue trading xeno hunter! Capturing beasts to trade on the upperhive black market! Did you have some fluff in mind when putting him together or did you just see where the parts took you? (...or both/neither?! )

I think a deep yellow or gold might work on the cape if you wanted him to look more bold, but a flat brown if you wanted him to look more inconspicuous!

Look forward to competing against you! :sneaky:;)

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Orange!!

Although I feel one of the complementary colours such as King White would also look good. Or Maybe Clone Red?

Ignore the whimperings of the Cloned fool, I bet he has been drinking the muscle oil again.

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016
The cloak is from an old Empire knightly order, Knights of the White Wolf or something, and so has a nice fur texture on the back.

I was envisioning him as a ganger who had "gone native" and become a renegade ratskin. The cloak then would be the skin of some weird and dangerous underhive critter hunted down to prove his worth.

I think zebra stripes or similar would look cool. I'll have to play about and see what works.

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Thanks to ORB Escher colour schemes, we know that "bright tiger stripes" is something not unknown to the Underhive. Perhaps choose a real world animal pelt, shift colour, and use that as the model for the paint scheme on the cloak?

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016
Very late Yakcomp entry!

Real life seems to like putting issues to hobby time in the way at the moment, else I would have liked to have painted a pattern on the cloak and stuck some posters on the walls before now. Maybe next week

The sole survivor of the massacre of his settlement, "Dave" was found by passing Ratskin Nomads and raised as one of their own.

To prove himself when coming of age, he was sent deep into the underhive to survive against the horrors beneath. Returning triumphant and brandishing a strange weapon he had taken from one of the monsters, he now wanders the hive protecting those who cannot fight for themselves against injustice, and worse.

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016

I said that I'd try and include a spoon in the next thing I posted. This has been half finished for ages, so this seems like a good excuse to finish it off.

Does anyone know where I can get a scale Health and Safety / Food Hygene poster from? The official ones look rubbish at this scale.

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016
These are awesome! Thank you!

Food hygene? in the underhive?
No, a poster for food hygene. I imagine even in the underhive they have laws and such like, even if they are ignored and completely unenforceable.
In fact, I can see the owners bribing arbites with free food to ignore their lax hygene standards.

Reactions: Aulenback

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
In fact, I can see the owners bribing arbites with free food to ignore their lax hygene standards.
Ha! Yes, Patrolman Nobbs and Patrolman Colon might definitely accept that sort of a bribe. "Never look a gift rat-kebab in the third eye," sort of thing?