Lyndons log of seemingly random stuff!

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
It doesn't feel quite right. I think the torso needs to be longer, so I'm going to go have a rummage and see what happens.

Depends on what you are going for. Might look more like a mad science experiment if it doesn’t have standard proportions. Could even extend the chest piece forwards so that it more oval shaped than round, kinda like the Mechwarrior Locust.

cainex1

Hive Guilder
Dec 8, 2017
USA
I think something around the crotch would add the length you're looking for and would keep the lines and profile good. You could go straight Ad-Mech and put a banner there or (IMO the superior option) do it up Zone of the Enders style and add some coms or a gun or something along that flows with the lines.

Reactions: trollmeat

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
As long as it’s slightly less better than mine, then it will look great! 😋
I’m going down a more orky path, mainly just to excuse my rubbish hobby skills, but we should totally have a online robot war!
(Maybe use shootout rules with an impartial yak rolling online dice for us!?)

either way, I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Unslain

Gang Hero
Nov 29, 2014
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, UK
A bit of plastic tube could lengthen the abdomen, providing it doesn't then make the model taller than you want. Three thinner tubes would look like the chest has a full range of tilting motion. But depending on how mad-science you're looking to go, a couple of jointed arms (like an angle-poise lamp) and a mass of cables between hips and chest could look cool and perhaps even admech levels of impractical.

If any of those is going to make it too tall, I think @cainex1 is on the right lines with a crotch extension. Depending on how practical the creator is, it would be the perfect place to stow a bespoke toolkit or cabinet for field repairs. Behind an armour plate for modesty, obviously.

Reactions: trollmeat

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016
Talking of robots, I got distracted by some smaller ones.

They have some ID numbers on the side, but I think I might have to redo those as they don't stand out very well.

Then I noticed that one of the gangers I painted last month looked a little like a certain movie character, so this happened

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016
Robot update -

I found a toy I liked the look of and started chopping and repositioning and adding to the bits I already had.

Once this bout of glue has dried I can attach the arms and then start adding some details.

At this rate, I might even get it painted before the end of the month.

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016
I really need to take more photos.

Big stompy legs - check
Massive over sized gun - check
Large claw for collecting scrap / squishing gangers - check

Assembly finished (probably), and it's had some paint thrown at it. Just a black base and a dark brown drybrush for now, but it makes the details clearer.

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016
Things I finished in August

A random mix of stuff for Necromunda and Frostgrave:

2 fantasy soldier types
1 necromunda ganger
1 green skinned alien warrioresss
1 big bird and an even bigger worm
5 small robots, and 1 big one
and a whole bunch of scatter terrain.

Sadly, the pile on the desk does not appear to have got any smaller, and I've just added a couple of grots to it

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016
Everyone wondered what Old Man Jeb was up to, hoarding scrap from who knows where. He could often be heard working late into the night, cutting, hammering and welding.
Then, one night, all was silent. Those nearby heard a click and a wirr, and Jeb exclaim "Finally, my creation, it's ali...", before the dome was filled with a blood-curdling shriek.
A couple of the more adventuress gangs sent scouts to investigate, recieving reports back of a massive metal beast stalking the ruins of Jebs compound.

Made from a toy mech suit and whatever bits I found lying around.
I'll treat it as a 2nd ed dreadnought in NCE. In Newcromunda this probably translates to an Escher juve or similar.

I've also only just noticed that I've failed to take any photos showing the detailing on the shoulder.

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016
I've only just remembered that I hadn't updated here with Septs FYSC entry

Nothing Necromunda related unfortunatley. A troop of skeletons and a character for Kings Of War, and an old Imperial Guard mortar with a loader to add to my very slowly growing guard army.

This month should see more skeletons and some bits for Gorkamorka (it is Orctober after all)

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016
Also this month, I've made some more progress on the Ogryns

The multimelta guy still needs some cabling / detailing adding, then I can focus on the painting.

I also found some polystyrene scraps, which have become basic hab units and connecting walkways.

Hopefully I can get all this finished for November ...

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016
While trying to tidy up before we get locked down again, I found the rest of the Battlestations bots at the back of the painting desk :rolleyes:

A quick and dirty paint job later and they're done

Bots 2.jpg

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016
I managed to ruch finish one of the hab blocks before the end of the month.

I've left it quite plain plain and grim, with only a small scattering of graffiti to add colour.

The other block I wanted to spend a bit more time on to make the large flat panels on it to look good.

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016
Has it really been 3 months?

With the FYSC starting up again, I've started worrying about what part of the pile to paint up next.

20210214_160359.jpg

I've opted for a ragtag bunch of robots and security agent types. Hopefully they'll be usable in Stargrave when it is released. If not, well Necromunda always needs more killer robots rampaging loose!

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016
Oops, March and April came and went.

The robots were finished for Aprils FYSC. I'm still undecided on colour schemes for the troopers, so they are on hold for now.

Last march I managed to get a toy pirate ship for cheap that was slightly larger than expected, and so didn't do anything with it at the time in favour of something a bit smaller. To distract myself from finishing things, I've now started Necromundaifying it.

I still need to source some sort of steering / control mechanism for the top deck, and probably add rivets. Lots of rivets.