Lyndons log of seemingly random stuff!

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
lol, that is great! I’d maybe attach the batter battery lower and run a thin wire up to the tines, so when it is forking things it doesn’t get gunked?

Last edited:

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored, Non-washer of Minis
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
My entry for Yakcomp 41, a Squat Beastmaster

I've given him a pistol arm from the Stargrave Crews, and a electric prod built from a pitchfork, so it should also be handy if any castles need storming.

There's just a little bit of putty work left to do, and I can get to painting him and his beasties.
I’d say the arms look too thin for that belly, but then I realized that I’m built that way…. So all good, I guess…

:cry:

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016
I've just realised that I never posted my final yakcomp entry pic here

And while working on beasties, I also managed to finish some worms that will probably make a good encounter for Stargrave or 5 Parsecs (although I finished them too late to squeeze them into the yakcomp entry :()

At least there is a decent amount of stuff for the FYSC this month

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016
One of the buildings in my 5 parsecs thread was in a sorry state of repair. I've had to carefully angle shots so you can't tell there was an entire wall missing.

A (fairly quick) repair and repaint later, and it looks so much better (and will also fit in the underhive)

I've also started work on a larger structure using the same techniques as the original, probably destined to be some sort of admin center or such like. Ignore the masking tape holding it together for now.

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016
🤔Not sure, kinda reminiscent of the Deadpool tiny hand scene.
I can always wrap it in some sort of glowy effect if needed, but the angle of the photo doesn't help. Or I could just paint it silver and claim it's a cheap bionic.

But yes, now you mention it, the hand does look a little small :unsure:

Reactions: trollmeat

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016
Presenting, the stuff I almost finished in May. Just 2 days late for the FYSC :rolleyes:

Oh well, I can enter them into this months now.

First up is a couple of simple fences. I prefer the one with the larger mesh, but after making it realised that I had used the last piece.

I started with 2 sections as that meets the terrain requirements for 5 parsecs, but definitely need more.

Next up is an Ork buggy for GoMo, which seems to have taken forever, and has reminded me why I hate painting parts and then assembling afterwards. There's always a part I miss and have to do later. This time it was the gunner.

Finally, Indigo in my 5 parsecs crew has had a makeover.

Of course, there are still a lot of WIPs to finish. Hopefully I can get my Yakcomp entry finished next.

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016
It's been another slow month hobby wise :cry:

All I've finished so far are a zombie that has been loose in my painting box for months (if not years), and an old Eldar guardian (that I don't even remember assembling, and is probably 20+ years old) painted as a Precursor for 5 parsecs.

On the plus side, I've started another project. I really should slow down and finish more :ROFLMAO:

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I think starting projects is like buying lottery tickets. You'll probably still lose, but you do increase your chances of winning (finishing).

Reactions: Lyndon

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016
Nothing to show for over a month now, but Tribemeet is coming so I need* a new pit slave.

As the last one used a new Goliath as a base, this time I went for an Escher.

Originally designed to maintain horticulture for a rich guilder, Edlyn's pruning shears have proved deadly, both in and out of the pit.

*who doesn't need more pit slaves?

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
Really cool, everyone always thinks of Pit Slaves as lobotomised brutes, good to see some Finesse thrown in :)

If it was mine I’d have the blunt edges facing inwards, counter-intuitive for a choppin’ hand but it kinda looks like spaghetti fingers because of the way the blades curve. Wouldn’t lop a head but just kinda push it out and cut the edges of the neck 🤷