Necromunda Mad Robot Projects Thread - Releases & Projects

Mad Robot

Maddest of Them All
Tribe Council
Mar 11, 2015
Chandler, AZ, USA
www.madrobotminiatures.com
Special Release! These will be available Friday.

YAK HEAD 09.JPG

YAK HEAD 10.JPG

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
And here i am sitting with most of a box of Cadian infantry on my shelf... bought because it was on sale. May have to do some mega-tooled up Yaks! Think there's two grenade launchers still in that box...

Reactions: MedMos

ntw3001

Gang Hero
Feb 17, 2011
Essex, UK
I love these

I've been enjoying the Van Saar juve heads recently, it's not easy to find options for young-looking heads. Would you consider expanding on the idea with maybe a set of generic 'youngster' heads rather than specific faction-themed ones? For juve conversions it's pretty easy to find models with bodies a little smaller than GW's, but convincing juve-heads aren't so common.

Mad Robot

Maddest of Them All
Tribe Council
Mar 11, 2015
Chandler, AZ, USA
I love these

I've been enjoying the Van Saar juve heads recently, it's not easy to find options for young-looking heads. Would you consider expanding on the idea with maybe a set of generic 'youngster' heads rather than specific faction-themed ones? For juve conversions it's pretty easy to find models with bodies a little smaller than GW's, but convincing juve-heads aren't so common.
I can do that

Reactions: MedMos and ntw3001

Mad Robot

Maddest of Them All
Tribe Council
Mar 11, 2015
Chandler, AZ, USA
NINTCHDBPICT000148985389.jpg

OK you crazy people...another year has passed, like the gas you got from that case of Milwaukee's Best!

It's time to give me your bits requests for 2023. Usual caveats apply; no guarantees and repeating the same thing every year is perfectly acceptable until I manage to get to it.

I'm open to post apoc, sci-fi, 40k IG, underhive, even mordham :p

Lay it on me...

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Anthropomorphic girl heads and tails! Cat ears, bunny ears, wolf ears and tails. Full human features except the ears. Show By Rock! or UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie or Cat Planet Cuties style.

but seriously: different holsters, holstered rifles/shotguns, heavy weapons like rocket launchers or bazooka versions. Female yak heads? Abhumans or other alien varients to go with your galaxy scum line?

Mr. M

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Aug 1, 2019
San Jose, CA
I like @Punktaku 's second paragraph suggestions - a holstered weapon pack would be awesome. Not sure if they qualify as bits, but finishing the Rodentskin Renegades (can't remember the official working-name of the "definitely not-Ratskins") would also be a good 2023 release!

Also, if you consider some new abhumans/aliens, maybe making your take on the Five Parsecs from Home type of sci-fi aliens would be cool (and with the Ferals, could also be a nod to those first-paragraph suggestions). It would make for a nice, somewhat generic "Alien PC" pack. The main aliens in that game are: 1) Ferals - uplifted animal/human hybrids, 2) Swift - small winged lizardmen, 3) Engineers - fragile, tech oriented humaniods, 4) K'Erin - not Klingons, definitely not, 5) Soulless - definitely not Borg, and 6) Precursors - cross between X-files Gray Aliens and Eldar.

Reactions: Mad Robot

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
I don’t want to be too “cat herd” about the Atomic Rats, but have you considered loinclothes and chaps along the lines of some of the Mad Max renegades? Or do you think that might be considered too North American indigenous people costume?

Reactions: Mr. M

Mad Robot

Maddest of Them All
Tribe Council
Mar 11, 2015
Chandler, AZ, USA
The legs are pretty much done, in terms of the concept just look at them, and you can see what they’re going to look like. And as far as this stuff goes about “Indian costumes”, they’re based on the Native Americans.

That’s it.

To me, without being too snarky, it’s like making a dinosaur, and then someone saying it’s “too dinosaur“.

cainex1

Hive Guilder
Dec 8, 2017
USA
The legs are pretty much done, in terms of the concept just look at them, and you can see what they’re going to look like. And as far as this stuff goes about “Indian costumes”, they’re based on the Native Americans.

That’s it.

To me, without being too snarky, it’s like making a dinosaur, and then someone saying it’s “too dinosaur“.
Make mine with feathers!
But that said... actual feathers. Bird claws, dreamcatchers, talons, small relics, etc.. the kind of stuff that there are no Empire boxes for and no cool new Space Marines to raid for cool small stuff. Awards, single bullets, charms, that kinda stuff.. if I'm making sense.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Maybe something along those lines that could double as basing materials? Ammo boxes, courier bags with part of an ammo belt hanging out. Medical bags, duffle bags, rucksacks. Small tool belts, like the generic pouches that glue onto belts, but with like a wrench or hammer hanging out of it. Or medical-oriented with scissor tops like an EMT would have.

How small is too small for your casting process?