Made to Order

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
I can't find the new models thread but, in any case, this isn't really new models. The Dark Vengeance models - including the OOP cultists - are currently up for order (£85):

Maybe we can use this thread to spread news of other interesting made to order reissues.
Now I just need someone to not want the cultist models in that set, so I can buy them off them...

Ironically, I have the rest of DV still on sprue, just not interested in chaos space marines or dark angels.

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
That’s an interesting development. They must have archived the old mould for them. I often wondered why they never split these sets up in such a way as to be able to release them after the main box is OOP as an army starter set. Dark Vengeance had some decent stuff as did Black Reach. Someone that Ork stuff would have been useful like the deffcopta or plastic warboss!

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
They did re-release WFB 8th edition and the 1st AoS starter as 'start collecting' boxes. One problem with the 40k ones is that the two factions were mixed up on the same sprues, so it wouldn't be possible to do just the Chaos side or even just the cultists without tooling new molds.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Now I just need someone to not want the cultist models in that set, so I can buy them off them...

Ironically, I have the rest of DV still on sprue, just not interested in chaos space marines or dark angels.
Ach! If only I’d seen this when I had some cash. But I’ll just assume we’re on opposite sides of the pond, so shipping would’ve killed it anyway...

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
Ach! If only I’d seen this when I had some cash. But I’ll just assume we’re on opposite sides of the pond, so shipping would’ve killed it anyway...
I've still got them (UK), and no-one is battering my door down to have them, so if you get enough cash I'll still have them.

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
They are nice, but you could probably convert your own plastic ones for much less money.

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
That said, you made me check the prices and it looks like the Platoon is a bit of a bargain (by GW standards). Do they usually do bundle savings on these or is it perhaps a mistake?

Two regular infantry squads (2x £25) = £50
Three autocannon teams (3x £15) = £45
Chenkov = £15

That comes to £110 if bought separately, but it's listed as £75.