Make the THUNDERCUBE great again! COMMUNITY PROJECT

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
So at this years Tribemeet I decided we needed to repair the ageing dilapidated mess that is @MancInventor ….‘s THUNDERCUBE 🤣

As is tradition the existing THUNDERCUBE was built prior to the 2019 Tribemeet and painted in a frenzied late night sponge painting session the night before - but I think it’s about time we gave the old girl some love!!

I’ve got the excellent and well painted base plates built by @MancInventor but we decided that the stands were past saving following several house moves also some of the seating arrangements were a little let’s just say rustic. So I’m going to start with remaking the stands.

However what do you want to see in the THUNDERCUBE? I’ll start;

1) Must use ORB bulkheads. (I have the 12 solid ones I’ll need thanks @spafe )
2) Standard size interchangeable - Advertizing hoardings, GW shipping container food halls and death pits - so peeps can make them as competition entry’s.
3) What else?

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
@Fat Charlie spot light towers sound awesome - I’ve sketched up some basic ideas, I’m thinking the stands need to be split into walls and corners that I was going to join with magnets. The corner sections also need to be entrance tunnels.

Reactions: Resmire

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored, Non-washer of Minis
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
And they could mount on top of the entry tunnels in the corners, so killing two birds with one stone.

How about a skybox for the troll king or Captain clone or other “dignitaries” to sit in? Nothing too crazy high up so it blocks Yakkers from accessing the game floor.

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
Subbuteo makes me remember they did stadiums at one point. Their stands were also in straights and corners and some were double height and included an entrance point for the players.
3153wwogP5L.jpg

What could be a starting point is some of these MDF paint racks that already come in straights and corner sections, like this:

810e3010004b69f331e228864938ffd6.jpg

Or @Fat Charlie could probably whip up similar minus the holes - maybe with a way to add another level above??

As for the gaming area, perhaps you could work your electronic magic with the spike pits so they have pulsing red lights?

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Last edited by a moderator: