Malika's WIPs!

Malika

Gang Hero
Feb 15, 2014
Been working on some smaller mercantile ships that will most likely be released on a single sprue. Each craft is about 20mm long.

Curious to hear your feedback before shipping this one off for production.

(Novan Elites Panthera Heavy Frigate added for scale)
system13.jpg

system14.jpg

system15.jpg

system16.jpg

Admiral DeezNutz

Apr 4, 2018
Seattle, WA, USA
Hell yeah, little system ships! I love it! Always wanted to do up a bunch of civilian ships as a kind of attendant/merchant fleet. The original civilian/freighter minis are some of the most rare an obnoxiously expensive, so I haven't really been able to scratch that itch. Actually painting a couple of Panthera heavy frigates right now!

Malika

Gang Hero
Feb 15, 2014
The System Ships are as good to go, any final feedback before I ship them off for printing?

zBfKvw5.jpg

Cpen6qC.jpg

Reactions: Tiny

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
I feel the top-left one has a lot of dead space on its prow. A good 1/3 of its profile is featureless.

Of course these are little itty bitty ships that are larger-than-real-life on my screen, so in the flesh/resin/metal it might be absolutely fine.

Reactions: Malika

Malika

Gang Hero
Feb 15, 2014
I feel the top-left one has a lot of dead space on its prow. A good 1/3 of its profile is featureless.

Of course these are little itty bitty ships that are larger-than-real-life on my screen, so in the flesh/resin/metal it might be absolutely fine.
Yah, I know what you mean. I thought it would be a nice touch for those who'd like to do a bit of freehand stuff. But lemme see what I can do here. :)

Reactions: Stoof

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
When I was typing my comment above I did think it would be a good area for a heraldic symbol or something like that. Perhaps if the ship was a bit longer/the prow was a touch smaller it would help.

Malika

Gang Hero
Feb 15, 2014
A new little ship is in the works!
We've been working on something a little bit different, basically experimenting with other shapes for ships whilst maintaining the familiar aesthetic.

This little craft is used by various security forces, pirates, and what not.

The model's current dimensions are 13mm wide, 15mm long, 20mm tall.

We're curious to hear your thoughts about this one.

Thanks in advance! :)
eesHd1E.jpg

qYE0vxS.jpg

XXcQje6.jpg

Reactions: Stoof

Malika

Gang Hero
Feb 15, 2014
In Vanguard Miniatures' universe these craft are used by privateers, pirates, local (private) security forces, trade fleets, etc. I guess in BFG terms these could work in Wolfpacks of Rogue Trader fleets?

Malika

Gang Hero
Feb 15, 2014
Slightly bad news...

XQHcQFL.jpg

The casts came in for the Novan Elites Felis class Stealth Ship. Somehow I've managed to overlook the fact that I've forgotten to add a port wing to the sprue. So the port wings have now been sent for printing and casting. Sadly enough it does mean the release of the Stealth Ship is delayed by several weeks. :(

Malika

Gang Hero
Feb 15, 2014
I have received a few advanced sets of port wings for the little stealth ship, so I will be able to release that model very soon now. More wings have already been cast and will be with me ASAP. The ship should be up in store by weeks end in limited numbers.

As an aside would there be any interest in a short limited campaign to get the other Elites vessels produced, currently we have an upgrade set for the Panthera, another frigate, 3 destroyers, little civilian system ships and re-worked Elites fighter ordinance pieces, all would be in metal.

Thoughts please.
NiDSQao.jpg

Malika

Gang Hero
Feb 15, 2014
Apparently the stl file got lost, or it was the master mould, not sure which one it was anymore. I keep asking them every once in a while whether that ship would make a come up. Sadly enough this hasn't led to a release. However, I did a sort of similar design for Vanguard Miniatures' Novan Elites, here's a teaser shot:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsdQYKBHJKj/

Reactions: Aulenback and Tiny