Malika's WIPs!

Malika

Gang Hero
Feb 15, 2014
Feedback needed!

Hi people I'm looking for some feedback, I have in now masters of the little civilian ships which are currently cast on to sprues as seen in the first picture of the original prints, obviously they do not come with stands as I was anticipating that people would want to drill them and mount them on wire.

It occurs to me now that customers may prefer cast on stands to save a lot of labour and so I'm looking at detaching them from the sprues and casting on the flight stand show in the second picture. This stand will fit standard epic bases with the 6mm recess.

The other option is to provide these bases loose and you drill and pin them to the models yourself, what would be the preferred option please. Models are around 20mm long.
OQsgiON.jpg

TNPpjX3.jpg

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
I'd just glue the cast-on flight stand to a 32mm disc myself, but then again I'm lazy :LOL:

Cast-on stands would get my vote.

Reactions: Malika

Malika

Gang Hero
Feb 15, 2014
Thought to quickly share a few ships I'm working on, in various states of WIP.

Tainted Assault Cruiser (can probably function as a Chaos Light Cruiser or Chaos Space Marine Strike Cruiser):
P77wgX2.jpg

3iLDd9E.jpg

Various new Novan Elites ships that can probably be used as Space Marine proxies?
jVurGJl.jpg

Light Cruiser sized big brother for the Panthera Heavy Frigate:
5XBxb20.jpg

Another Frigate brother to the Panthera:
AxBUiiE.jpg

Reactions: Tiny and Gingestar

Gingestar

Sep 20, 2015
Newark, Nottinghamshire
Thought to quickly share a few ships I'm working on, in various states of WIP.

Tainted Assault Cruiser (can probably function as a Chaos Light Cruiser or Chaos Space Marine Strike Cruiser):
View attachment 110621
View attachment 110622

Various new Novan Elites ships that can probably be used as Space Marine proxies?
View attachment 110623

Light Cruiser sized big brother for the Panthera Heavy Frigate:
View attachment 110624

Another Frigate brother to the Panthera:
View attachment 110625
All very good work, the tainted ship is very smart. Will the Novan Elite ships be modular? I look forward to the next round of WiPs

Malika

Gang Hero
Feb 15, 2014
The ships in the new family pic of Novan Elites ships won't be modular, most likely single piece models (separate turrets and wing bits). It's too much hassle to have them all modular. Besides, I'd like to differentiate the hulls of the different ships of the same size a bit. The ships in the bottom two pics will be more modular though.

Reactions: Tiny