Mankfester cathedral amongst other terrain

Greenthumb

Ganger
Jan 28, 2018
Manchester
Right guys.
In preparation for yakmeet in October I have took the job of building a big cathedral style building that can still play necro and give a little hive feeling to it.
At the moment this is where it all stands

It's a modular kit that I'm going to make the floors removable on for the purpose of moving it about etc.
Starting on the ground floor

Next floor added

Next level
Then with the tops bits on as well.

View from the side

View from the front

View from the other side
This bit I have added damage to make the parts playable. More of this will happen to the rest. Praise be to the great dremel.

Greenthumb

Ganger
Jan 28, 2018
Manchester
View from the back

Now some of the holes in the kit have a ledge type thing i can build off to add walkways etc to it all. I will be tiling all the visible floors
Hopefully with all its walkways where I see then it will prove a lovely piece to play on.
All comments welcome.
To see the beast in person you would have to make it to the yakmeet in October and play on the cathedral board.

Note also where some large stair case may end up and also the statues thanks sw1. And the plinths. Thanks mines of moria.
In other news we have a cargo ship for the canal board.
She is a big girl
Fits a gw container like a dream.

Right I'm back to work on my masterpiece and hope to inspire anyone on the fence about the yakmeet.
(y)

=][=SW1=][=

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Oct 7, 2017
Manchester UK
Hey @Greenthumb hope you don't mind me hijacking the thread for my Mankfester board build as well!

Here's the starting of the Canal Board that will be fitting that beast of a Cargo Ship. There's going to be 4 board 600mm x 600mm. There's lots of different bridges going to come into play at different heights.

First test is a rotating bridge ...

Just checkin the idea feels ok and I was happy with it so started building up a riser and then chopping in some recessed areas for pipe detailing ...

Now I'm working on adding pipes to the recesses before black bombing the board where the recesses are and getting the wet bit worked up to a more murky wet look ...

I'm going to have 3 or 4 layers of pipes going all over so should give a decent deep look the recesses. The tricky bit is going to have different surface textures and materials all level.

Greenthumb

Ganger
Jan 28, 2018
Manchester
Right update guys. I've started the frame for the walk round scaffold sort of thing to make it more necro and playable.

Frame going together
The frame wrapping round the building using the parts of the kits that stick out.
With random bits of plasticard stuck in place to show the idea of how it should all start to come together. Just to build it up in layers of random metal sheet etc and it should fit in just fine.
Anyway here is where I am upto

=][=SW1=][=

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Oct 7, 2017
Manchester UK
I've almost finished the pipe work that sits inside the first riser. Need to decide what finish the surfaces of the risers will have.

I'll also need to work out how I'm doing a dock for that ship and if I can hook up some form of overhead crane from underneath a BIG bridge.

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

Greenthumb

Ganger
Jan 28, 2018
Manchester
I've almost finished the pipe work that sits inside the first riser. Need to decide what finish the surfaces of the risers will have.

I'll also need to work out how I'm doing a dock for that ship and if I can hook up some form of overhead crane from underneath a BIG bridge.
With the foam core base I'd think a load of pre cut card shapes squares etc. I have some nice corrugated card etc you can have. Bath it in pva pretty much and start sticking them down until its covered. If some overlap so be it. If some glue comes through so be it. It will all add to the ramshackle look of the hive.
Looking good. I've felt inspired and got myself some straws.

Greenthumb

Ganger
Jan 28, 2018
Manchester
My Lord that's a lot of Pegasus hobby kits! This looks amazing. Is the building by itself gonna be a whole board?
Not a whole board but there wont be much else on it. :D:D
Yeah its 4 kits in all. Thought if I'm going to do it let's go all in. I do like the new gw gothic kits but they are far too tall for my liking. Necro should be almost claustrophobic for my liking. The denser the terrain the better. :cool: