Mankfester cathedral amongst other terrain

=][=SW1=][=

Gang Hero
Oct 7, 2017
Manchester UK
So you know how I said that I wouldn't start another set of boards? Well set 3 has just been jump started and is likely to be finished first. My brother had me start building a board years ago which was going to include recessed river sections. I only did 4 plain boards before he changed his mind. They've been sat forgotten and getting damaged under random crap for ages. They're inch thick expanded polystyrene foam stuck to 12mm boards textured with sand and pva and edged with ePVC signage board. So holes knocked into them will become exposed pipes and a little bit of scattered debris will get them looking ok. Then it's time to make some more terrain in a similar style to this ...
View media item 28164
View media item 28165
View media item 28166

=][=SW1=][=

Gang Hero
Oct 7, 2017
Manchester UK
Well I've got the basic board down and bottom left has had the first bit of under tones added. Scatter terrain is getting finished building tonight. Then it's bigger terrain building. Can see it all being slapped with paint fairly quickly. ;)

View media item 34293

Hopefully this will be a quick win and gets my hobby mojo back up to full steam ahead!!!

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

prewarsalad

Gang Champion
Dec 22, 2015
newcastle
Well I've got the basic board down and bottom left has had the first bit of under tones added. Scatter terrain is getting finished building tonight. Then it's bigger terrain building. Can see it all being slapped with paint fairly quickly.

View media item 34293

Hopefully this will be a quick win and gets my hobby mojo back up to full steam ahead!!!

I hope it does. You image isn't showing mind.

=][=SW1=][=

Gang Hero
Oct 7, 2017
Manchester UK
The first table for the Meet has been built. :giggle:

It's a homestead out in the wild part of the dome where Fungi grows huge and forest like. Yes a man can take shelter under the canopy, just make sure it's not one of those man eating ones. ;)

View media item 34967
Stupidly this is the third table I've started so I need to back track and get the other two I've started in the same point, especially the canal board as @Greenthumb is building and painting a huge vessel to sail upon it!!!

Greenthumb

Ganger
Jan 28, 2018
Manchester
Right guys. Firstly any rumours of me being dead are exaggerated lies put out there by unknown sources. I have spent the summer imprisoned in a cave with an un named eacher psycher playing mind games.
I escaped in an iron man fashion dressed in bits from gw kits and got back the war games and far away from the mind games.
On with the project. Just In time for yakday..
Firstly a delivery of foamboard to kick us off.

Also some marine ply for the base boards.

Then a little play around with the layout.

Greenthumb

Ganger
Jan 28, 2018
Manchester
The blue bit is where the planned scrap mountain will be placed.

So on to building it out of foam

Greenthumb

Ganger
Jan 28, 2018
Manchester

Greenthumb

Ganger
Jan 28, 2018
Manchester
The building of the scrap mound was covered in plasterboard adhesive and then randomly had bits stuck all over it.

Added a few plasticard structures to it all.

Greenthumb

Ganger
Jan 28, 2018
Manchester
The next step was the flooring area

Greenthumb

Ganger
Jan 28, 2018
Manchester
More plasticard structures go up

Greenthumb

Ganger