Question Master Crafted Custom Weapon Trait?

Zadgrub

Ganger
Mar 7, 2018
Des Plaines, IL, USA
Would it be possible to add "Master-crafted" to the Special (weapon traits) drop-downs in the "Add Custom Weapon Stats pop-up window for creating Custom Weapons?

cardyfreak

Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.org
So you want it added as a Trait as a way to solve the issue with MC weapons?
Thing with this is you’d still have to create a new weapon/ammo profile to add MC as a trait, and at that point why not just have MC in the name of the profile? But having the option as a trait might make it more obvious how to use the tools to create master crafted weapons, as it’s a question that comes up quite a bit.
Personally I have no preference either way. If it’s there as a trait I suppose it covers both bases: either name the profile MC or add it as a trait.

Zadgrub

Ganger
Mar 7, 2018
Des Plaines, IL, USA
Thing with this is you’d still have to create a new weapon/ammo profile to add MC as a trait, and at that point why not just have MC in the name of the profile? But having the option as a trait might make it more obvious how to use the tools to create master crafted weapons, as it’s a question that comes up quite a bit.
Personally I have no preference either way. If it’s there as a trait I suppose it covers both bases: either name the profile MC or add it as a trait.
Yeah, I've been doing that, and following the directions Cardyfreak gave in this thread:
which works a charm, I'd just love to have the option to add Master-crafted, or MC, or Mstr-crftd, or something as a weapon trait as well as in the name, to indicate there's an actual rule attached to it.

Also, is there any way to add multiple Weapon Stat lines to Custom Weapons, like for Shotguns, Combat Shotguns, Grenade Launchers, and the like so we could create Master-crafted versions of those, as well as unique weapons with more than one stat line?

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
which works a charm, I'd just love to have the option to add Master-crafted, or MC, or Mstr-crftd, or something as a weapon trait as well as in the name, to indicate there's an actual rule attached to it.
The issue is there's a limited amount of Traits you can attach to a weapon and it would exacerbate the issue of stats not being able to show all traits on cards as they're cutoff.

Also, is there any way to add multiple Weapon Stat lines to Custom Weapons, like for Shotguns, Combat Shotguns, Grenade Launchers, and the like so we could create Master-crafted versions of those, as well as unique weapons with more than one stat line?
Yeah I'm going to add a 2nd Weapon Stats selection to the Custom weapons editor real soon.

Zadgrub

Ganger
Mar 7, 2018
Des Plaines, IL, USA
The issue is there's a limited amount of Traits you can attach to a weapon and it would exacerbate the issue of stats not being able to show all traits on cards as they're cutoff.

Yeah I'm going to add a 2nd Weapon Stats selection to the Custom weapons editor real soon.
Ahh, okay, makes sense. The Master-crafted trait was just a thought, not essential.

And Thank you!

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
So I was thinking about an implementation of master-crafted. What about a checkbox next to the $ button in the trading post for weapon sections only. Checking that box modifies the price and when purchased, adds a flag to the database equipment entry for the ganger indicating it's MC. When displayed anywhere, that flag will automatically add "MC" as a prefix to the weapon's name.

cardyfreak

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.org
So I was thinking about an implementation of master-crafted. What about a checkbox next to the $ button in the trading post for weapon sections only. Checking that box modifies the price and when purchased, adds a flag to the database equipment entry for the ganger indicating it's MC. When displayed anywhere, that flag will automatically add "MC" as a prefix to the weapon's name.
This sounds awesome but I foresee one slight bump: there is discussion around which base price should be used for master crafted weapons- trade post or HWL? Some say the base should be the reduced amount in the HWL, for example, Escher only pay 5cr so a master crafted Lasgun for them would only be 10cr. But others say a master crafted item is found in the trade post and represents an item not produced by the regular weapons smiths, and so should be costed from the full price version of the weapon. Not sure if there is a way to satisfy both camps.

Reactions: Zadgrub

Galtarr

Gang Champion
Mar 1, 2017
But you can override the cost payed can't you? Even as an Escher player I'd be tempted to say Trading post cost. MasterCrafted weapons don't exist on HWL. Arguing for 10Cr MC lasgun is simple cheese I bet the people doing so also run hotshot...

cardyfreak

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.org
My point was more along the lines of there may be some difference of opinion over how much MC weapons cost as there isn’t a definite answer. Malo’s solution is elegant, and if selecting the MC box on the menu automatically made all prices trading post prices + 25% that would be awesome. And if people want to give themselves super cheap MC weapons, they can use the tools instead mwahahaha!

Reactions: Zadgrub

cardyfreak

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.org
But you can override the cost payed can't you? Even as an Escher player I'd be tempted to say Trading post cost. MasterCrafted weapons don't exist on HWL. Arguing for 10Cr MC lasgun is simple cheese I bet the people doing so also run hotshot...
My point was more along the lines of there may be some difference of opinion over how much MC weapons cost as there isn’t a definite answer. Malo’s solution is elegant, and if selecting the MC box on the menu automatically made all prices trading post prices + 25% that would be awesome. And if people want to give themselves super cheap MC weapons, they can use the tools instead mwahahaha!
Sorry I think I misread your post, I basically just repeat what you said in my post, mine doesn’t make much sense now that I read it back haha sorry!

Reactions: Galtarr