N18 Max stats

Jam Warrior

Ganger
Jul 28, 2014
Andover, UK
In a discussion about max stats on FB someone has posted this picture and as yet has not replied to me asking where it came from:

251vrBt.jpg

Does anyone know where it comes from? It's the first I've seen a mention of hard stat caps for S and T rather than just caps based on 2 advances from your base stat. It looks like a picture from a real book, but I've checked the max stats page in every book with campaign rules all the way back to gang War 1 and I can't find anything like it!

Jam Warrior

Ganger
Jul 28, 2014
Andover, UK
Oh! So it's new then. Pity they missed it out of the FAQ.

I've not got the Ash Book as I don't want the rest of the box and EBay prices for it alone are yet to calm down from being frankly ludicrous.

I do love how trying to keep up with current Necro rules involves a not insignificant amount of online detective work...

Last edited:

Jam Warrior

Ganger
Jul 28, 2014
Andover, UK
I guess if you're playing the really long game, this means you should gene-smith your Goliaths for M, W and/or A as they can hit the stat cap naturally in S and T.

A10 as a cap is pretty random and hilarious. What kind of a monstrous human/blender hybrid would that have to be?

Squee

Gang Champion
Jan 11, 2019
I guess if you're playing the really long game, this means you should gene-smith your Goliaths for M, W and/or A as they can hit the stat cap naturally in S and T.

A10 as a cap is pretty random and hilarious. What kind of a monstrous human/blender hybrid would that have to be?
A charging Piscean Specter with a single +A advance...
(So pretty reasonable, actually... :( )

Reactions: TopsyKretts

TopsyKretts

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Oh! So it's new then. Pity they missed it out of the FAQ.

I've not got the Ash Book as I don't want the rest of the box and EBay prices for it alone are yet to calm down from being frankly ludicrous.

I do love how trying to keep up with current Necro rules involves a not insignificant amount of online detective work...
Or you could rely on someone else doing it for you. This is from Necrodamus, already up to date with N22 rule changes:
1652815466012.png