McToasts Necromunda Display Case

McToast

Juve
Mar 7, 2021
Germany
Hello Yaks,

this will be my little corner of the forum, where I post pictures of my marauding gangs and perhaps some snapshots from future games.

I'm new to Necromunda, but as a longtime WH40k-fan (3rd Ed), the Hobby is nothing new to me. I'm mostly into painting stuff, but I like to play a couple games now and then. I started out with Goliaths, since they came with the starterset when I bought the game and my wife - for whatever reasons - wanted the Eschers. I'm usually not a fan of guys with big muscles and small brains, but over a couple hours of painting I've grown fond of my genetically superior Hulks.

Let me know what you think. I'll add two guys with Combat Shotguns, one with a Grenade Launcher and one with a Stubgun/Knife in the near future, but since we're expecting our second child in a couple weeks it may be later than I'd like. I also have another box with 10 Gangers ready to be armed with Heavy Bolter, Rocket Launcher and a couple of other goodies + a box of Stimmers/Forgeborn. I don't expect to have them finished before fall :].

McToast

Juve
Mar 7, 2021
Germany
Thanks for the welcome :).

Came here expecting a post about how you made a custom display case for your necromunda models!

Are those base rims hand painted without any masking or guides? They look great. As does the chipping on the armour.

A real display for my Necromunda models is WIP :). But between painting the models, building/painting our ZM table and playing some games it's not that high on my list of priorities. All painting is freehand. It's the first time I've actually used weathering/chipping, I'm still trying different techniques. So far I've learned that it's very easily overdone :].

Reactions: Fold

McToast

Juve
Mar 7, 2021
Germany
So, my wife got me a new Juve Mini for our wedding anniversary. It came pre-assembled and pre-painted, but it requires thorough maintainance.

Still, I just managed to finish the last 4 Goliaths from the starter pack.

I'm now waiting for the new weapon sprues to arrive. But the first two guys from the next batch are already assembled.

It could take a while to get them painted though =).

MedMos

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Congrats on the juve! Quick, paint more stuff before it learns to roam the house of it's own accord!! ;)

I'll second the 'lovely yellows' sentiment, and add that the spot colours really complement them well! Especially the power axe blue.

McToast

Juve
Mar 7, 2021
Germany
Congrats on the Yakling! May he/she bring glory to the house of your choosing.

And as always: Lovely yellows on those Goliath chaps.
Thanks! Yea, yellow is still a pain. I like to work from shade to highlight whenever possible, and even on a light ochre it still takes 2-3 layers to be opaque.

Congrats on the juve! Quick, paint more stuff before it learns to roam the house of it's own accord!! ;)

I'll second the 'lovely yellows' sentiment, and add that the spot colours really complement them well! Especially the power axe blue.
Well, my older son (soon 2y) is already roaming. Luckily he isn't that interested in my minis yet. I still have some time before I have to share :).

Congratulations on the new Yakling! They’re addictive, so beware. I have a few myself.
Two done, two to go :D.

Congrats on the new arrival. I look forward to see more painted models, some time around 2027...
Well, I hope it'll be a bit sooner. In 2027 I'll teach my sons on how to paint minis =). Next up: A Stimmer, two Forgeborn with stubs and knifes and a sumpkroc. A colleague was nice enough to print one for me.

Reactions: MedMos

McToast

Juve
Mar 7, 2021
Germany
That’s a nice yellow you pulled off. Especially on such a large model.

Thanks, yellow has become my most hated base colour now, even before red and white. I like the look, but the paint itself is just... Bleh! The second Ambot will be another colour...