MedMos' WIP - the slowjuicer of Plogs

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
A tiny update. Got some base colours on the Eschers.

Still calling this one wip, although I don't think I'll do much more than some highlights and such...

I tried to do a more clean paintjob, but I guess it's just not my style. Still shaking off the rust, plus I was always more gamer than painter. :) More practice to follow, though! I try to get a little bit done most evenings, after tucking in the family, and on weekends during nap time, so slowly but surely (mostly slowly...) the models take colour.
To finish off, a little sneak peak at a side project coming up at some point: an old necromancer that will become a Beast master.

Edit. Couldn't quite figure out how to upload pictures from an album, so here is the link to the album. Will look into pictures tomorrow, getting late... https://yaktribe.games/community/gallery/albums/medmos-wip.371/
Edit2. There. Pictures. Couldn't find the icons on my phone...

Last edited by a moderator:

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Thanks, I've had to change my habits since I got kids. :) I used to take my time, now every minute counts. I do waste too much time painting over mistakes and changing my mind, but that should get better once I become more familiar with my colour scheme.

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
So, an update after the long silence... This is not strictly an update on the Escher gang (no real progress...), but it is related! I entered Yakcomp #23, in the hopes that I might finish something. I have since been bogged down with sick kids, pregnant wife and a little bit of Mordheim modelling, because why the hell not.:) And just this week I got presented with another distraction, 54cm in height, weighing in at 3360 g. And as I haven't done anything for the comp, it's not looking too good. But I shall still give it a go, even if it's just a sloppy paintjob!

I am making a pet for my Escher gang, The Purple Panthers. It's going to be an actual kitty, though I might make some modifications to it, if I'm feeling bold. Here they are, leader and kitty.

Not the best of pictures, but you get the idea. The pet is from a second hand store, bought it for 1 Dkr (12p for you guys across the North Sea). Hopefully I'll at least get them painted, and I'm also working on a little blurb for the pair. So fingers crossed, but don't hold your breath!:D

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
after deciphering that metric nonsense...

CONGRATULATIONS!

edit: i hope i’m right... those are about the stats of my last Yakling

Reactions: MedMos

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Thanks! Second one, man I still wasn't prepared for when he popped his head out... Most amazing experience!

Edit: You are right, @Punktaku. I seem to remember you have a little more experience than myself when it comes to Yaklings.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Space Truckin

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Well done, @Punktaku! We're done at two. Well, 2.5, the Mrs. has one from an earlier relationship. I seem to remember the average number of kids for a couple was 2.4... so pretty average over here.;)

And yes, mindblowing is pretty accurate.

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
I've foolishly entered yak comp 24, so here is the start of my hive scum on chopper! I really wanted to do a sump boat or two, as I could use them for a narrative scenario, but I think that'll be too much for the limited time I have.
Some bits. I have a few skeletons on a sprue, some zombie bits and assorted junk...
There is also a skeleton horse, I'm thinking of using the ribcage for the gas tank, fuel! The head is the guard head with cigar from the cadian command sprue, but that might change... The skeleton is for the front fork. Hopefully I'll get some time to work on it soon. Watch this space ;)