Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Ironically, I'm now making some Stargrave loot tokens which are similar to the first lot of Frostgrave tokens I made. (Depending what you count, I've started at least five sets of FG tokens...)

• Haha
Reactions: MedMos

Pagumb

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Sep 10, 2020
I don't have anything resembling glitter glue... I actually just thought I could take a thin plastic rod and slice a pile of coins from it? They won't be massive mounds of gold, just scattered under weapons/armor/books mostly.
Ahhh that makes sense. The video I watched was about making treasure piles for RPG games so the goal was to create mounds of coins, weapons and so on almost as an end of dungeon, killed the dragon type of thing. Tokens for Frostgrave would be a different thing altogether.

Pagumb

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Sep 10, 2020
Ironically, I'm now making some Stargrave loot tokens which are similar to the first lot of Frostgrave tokens I made. (Depending what you count, I've started at least five sets of FG tokens...)
I've never played enough of any game to get token fatigue but I can imagine them being enjoyable projects to make and paint. Other players probably really enjoy a new set of tokens to go with a set of scenarios or just as something different to quest for.

Reactions: Ben_S

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Yeah, it's partly that I quite like making tokens. But I've easily made more tokens than I've played games.

Reactions: Pagumb

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
As mentioned I have a game (or 5) tomorrow, and I wanted to get the Escher gang a little more battleready. They're still work in progress, but here is where we are now.

They are a little rough, but I figure they'll look ok on the table. A lot of the detail still needs paint/washes/highlights, I'll get to that before the end of the month I hope.
For now I really need to crack on with the comp! My idea is expanding, as is the work, but I just wanted the Escher gang to look a little better before hitting the table. :giggle:

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
I really like how non-traditional Escher they look while still being Escher. Like they’re the rebellious Escher, with their modest (in comparison) clothes, dark color scheme, and hats instead of punk amazonians.

“Scene points? We don’t need no stinking scene points.”

Pagumb

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Sep 10, 2020
In the small picture I thought they had on tricorn hats which gave them a very Brotherhood of the Wolf vibe. Very cool I thought. Subsequent comments led me to zoom in and realize those aren't tricorns hats...still very cool looking. Will they be joined by a converted Lhamaean as a house agent or bounty hunter someday?

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
In the small picture I thought they had on tricorn hats which gave them a very Brotherhood of the Wolf vibe. Very cool I thought. Subsequent comments led me to zoom in and realize those aren't tricorns hats...still very cool looking. Will they be joined by a converted Lhamaean as a house agent or bounty hunter someday?
I actually thought the one in the back on the right looked very tricorn-ish, because of those markings! :LOL:
I am looking to add to them, preferably juves at first, but haven't got any suitable legs atm. Strictly NCE, though. No agents, sorry.

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Well, if there's one thing we know it is that anything you just finished painting will roll badly! Right? Anyway, my game just got postponed 'til next week. But hey, that might be my saving grace then! ;)

And thanks, @Unslain. There is such a mix of arms there I can hardly remember what they are anymore... But those original Orlock stubguns might be my all time favorite stubgun!

Pagumb

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Sep 10, 2020
I actually thought the one in the back on the right looked very tricorn-ish, because of those markings! :LOL:
I am looking to add to them, preferably juves at first, but haven't got any suitable legs atm. Strictly NCE, though. No agents, sorry.
Lhamaean would still make a quality leader or champ. What did you use for the hats?

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Lhamaean would still make a quality leader or champ. What did you use for the hats?
Good point, she would make an awesome leader! Right now they are all kinda samey. Not necessarily bad, but the leader could be more... just more.

For the hats I used contact lens containers. The little disposable ones, and just cut out a slice of the rounded part.

Reactions: Pagumb

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
18 days left for the comp, so I guess I'd better get a move on! Luckily I've planned it all in my head... ;)

I'm making a ruined tower for my spiders to set up their ambush in, very much inspired/copied from this build:

I don't have all the same materials, but that should never stop you!:LOL: I found some old childrens foam mat in the attic (in another box left behind by the previous owner), and dug out some miniature wooden beams I've made on days just hanging in the garden.

That'll be stone bricks and wooden beams sorted. The base will be some 3mm mdf or something like it and I have a bag of coffee stir sticks for planks. I think I'll have a central wooden pillar to support the floors, which will just be a stick from the garden. So all I need to do is get cracking. Progress coming as soon as it happens!

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I was going to bemoan never having been left cool stuff in the attic, but then I remembered I've never actually been in the attic of our current house...

• Haha

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
I was going to bemoan never having been left cool stuff in the attic, but then I remembered I've never actually been in the attic of our current house...
Worth a peek, maybe? :giggle: I will say, the amount of crap we've had to get rid of doesn't really make up for the few bits of usable trash, that is only really usable because I'm a bit of an upcycling trash hoarder... But I do try to look on the bright side, so when something turns up I'm happy!

Anyway, I've got good news and bad news. To me, doesn't affect any of you, but here we are. Bad news is, my Day'o'munda has been cancelled. Rather sad, but we will manage to reschedule I'm sure. Good news is, this gives me more time to send trash talking texts to my opponent!

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Ooh, I like that! And I'm working on some spiders for Frostgrave as we speak (type?), cleaning flash and getting them ready for primer. Good news keep coming!

Reactions: Unslain

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
The aforementioned spiders have been primed, so not much to show there. I modified the sword of the treasure hunter to look less darkelf-y, build a little goblin thug and greenstuffed him a sort of tattered cloak and based them both. They should now be ready for primer.

I also prepared a load of 'stone' bricks for the tower and cut a base from 3mm mdf.

I experimented a bit with rounding the edges of the bricks. I ended up with fire, just melting the sharp edges slightly by passing them through the flame of a tealight. Which is why they are a little blackened... It did give off some fumes, but I did it in the garage with open window/door on either side. A few of them caught fire a bit, but it was still preferable to cutting every edge with a hobby knife. I'm lazy like that. This sort of soft foam can't really be sanded or moulded, and the rattle can spray didn't do anything either. So a little heat was required, and they're ready for building.

And here is the central loot piece, a very powerful grimoire! Maybe the Necro-nomnom-icon? Still to be based on a suitable thing.