Drag to reposition cover

MedMos' WIP - the slowjuicer of Plogs

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Thanks for clarifying, I thought it was out... The new edition is around twice the page count, but I don't know how that will affect the price.

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
I accidentally bought a big bag of army men from the local charity store... I think I've got more than I need now.
It was a steal, though! There must be at least a few hundred of the little guys, plus 2 helicopters, an armoured car and various knick knack, even a handful of Lego bits! All for the unreasonably low sum of DKK 10 (GBP 1.18/USD 1.48). Of course, now I have plenty of little guys to finally try the 'Zombie bash' scenario. :D (y)

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Does Bolt Action work for 20mm? I guess I could look into other games, there is also a pile of Napoleonic era soldiers among the lot. Damn you, Captain! I don't need more systems to fill up my hobby time... ;):ROFLMAO:

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Doesn’t matter what the scale is when you are providing both forces! I bet there’s hours of fun painting and battling with that pile of plastic! Enjoy! :)

Reactions: MedMos

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Having just finished my FYSC entry for September, it's time to get cracking with Yakcomp #30! As mentioned in the official competition thread, I'll be doing some count-as Milliasaurs. I started bending some wire today, after that the body will be sculpted in greenstuff, then legs, armour plates and pincers glued on and then hopefully they'll be ready for paint. That's the plan, let's see how it reacts to my building. :giggle:
First shot is just the first skeleton made, 5 more planned. And of course For Scale showing up to do what he does best.

More to come once greenstuff hits the wire. Cheers for reading! (y)

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
The wire is pretty much all bent into shape, and legs on one of the critters, almost ready for some greenstuff.
The "legs" were a bit fiddly, but experience should make the rest easier. Painting shouldn't take long, which is good as there's quite a bit of building left. I'll be back with more soon, hopefully!

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Ready for paint now! I greenstuffed, glued and primed everything over the last couple of days, although I've decided to snip some corners off the scales before painting, to better follow the body.
Here are the first 3 of them with scales, just some clear packaging from something I had lying around cut in shapes and superglued.

And here is everything primed today, plus a random gaslands buggy I build a couple of weeks ago. Just 'cause the weather was nice and I had the rattle can out. :giggle:

Five critters and a Beastmaster waiting for paint, the sixth critter didn't make it. I'll manage with 5, what are the odds I'll ever roll up a wyrd with six Milliasaurs... ;)

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Dark elf infantry forearms. 72 of them. :giggle: Cut off above the elbow, hands carved into points. With the first one I left the whole arm, but drilling the holes to pin the wire skeleton was a right pain on some of them!

Reactions: Ben_S and trollmeat

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
I've got more! All the bodies and legs fulfilled their purpose and are now dark elf infantry, but there are just so many arms... :LOL:

Reactions: trollmeat