N18 MEEEEEEEEEAT!

Cmarler

Juve
May 23, 2022
Anyone else played this scenario and have any ideas on how to improve it. We played on ash waste terrain with no weather or battlefield conditions. We just played it last night and the Random(3) crew selection had one gang with a leader and a brute while another had a ganger and a juve. I Play Cawdor and the flamer template sounded awesome going into this scenario but it really became a confusing mess of rolling for , nerves of steal, wounding, injury dice (with unstoppable), Blaze, and falling over and over and over. keeping track of flesh wounds and who had blaze condition was a nightmare as well. The game actually went on way longer than I expected due to the fact that the cannibals are so tanky yet are very underwhelming at dealing damage. WE quickly ran out of models to proxy as cannibals too lol. This scenario seems like it could be awesome if it was changed around some. So I'd like to hear your experiences with this campaign and what things you liked or didn't like.

I dont think we tracked flesh wounds for them... they were immune to pinning and were either alive, SI, or dead. I dont think we tracked blaze either.

For reference, its our go to starter mission for our campaigns so we've played it 3 times I think each time as multiplayer scernaios inside the 2d tunnels. It gets brutal fast, to the point where no one ever lives, its just a fun way to give some xp and flavour to a few members of the gang before any one is too attached so no one cares if their fighters die in game 1

Reactions: Cmarler
Anyone else played this scenario and have any ideas on how to improve it. We played on ash waste terrain with no weather or battlefield conditions. We just played it last night and the Random(3) crew selection had one gang with a leader and a brute while another had a ganger and a juve. I Play Cawdor and the flamer template sounded awesome going into this scenario but it really became a confusing mess of rolling for , nerves of steal, wounding, injury dice (with unstoppable), Blaze, and falling over and over and over. keeping track of flesh wounds and who had blaze condition was a nightmare as well. The game actually went on way longer than I expected due to the fact that the cannibals are so tanky yet are very underwhelming at dealing damage. WE quickly ran out of models to proxy as cannibals too lol. This scenario seems like it could be awesome if it was changed around some. So I'd like to hear your experiences with this campaign and what things you liked or didn't like.
We did it and found there to be too many cannibals, and they were too strong, and too fast. We got buried by round two. That said we slipped up and placed them too close rather than back on the board edge. We also to a man (3 gangs, 3 men each) fluffed our first round of shooting including OOA on plasma weapon. I'd be inclined to either drop the stats on the cannibals OR drop the numbers. I like the number 27 cannibals to 9 hangers, just felt they hit too hard. As soon as you bogged down in melee it was game over.

The first Sumpcon had a tweaked version of the scenario with only Nerves of Steel as a skill on the ravenous hordes, what I think was slightly cut down statblock, and slightly larger crew sizes as it was mostly played as 2 player.
I think they got the balance about right: with me running Corpse Grinders and another player running a very vaired Venator gang, it was much easier to take the cannibals down (and there was less to keep track of) compared to the base version but they did still slowly wear us down through sheer numbers. Definitely a less doomed feel than the normal version though, which might not be what people are after.

Last edited: