• YakTribe will be migrated to a new server on Monday night, April 12th after 2am GMT and should be available on Tuesday morning.

N18 Merging excess melee weapons

JawRippa

Gang Hero
Mar 31, 2017
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
You misread me. My point is that you, as a player, can disregard the weapons you don't like. Someone else, with different preferences, might still want to use them.
Isn't this basically a player falling into a "trap" by picking an unoptimal choice simply because he modeled what was on the sprue? Like giving wyld runner a whip, one of the worst melee weapons in the game that locks you in S2, because you've modeled her that way. If we consolidated weapon options and make each weapon properly priced/fill a niche, players could model whatever they wanted and not be at a disadvantage.

If someone wants to model something unoptimal just because it looks cool, I don't mind. Hell, I regularly run Krumper as goliaths (imagine a bolter with a 9" long range) just because I find the idea of enemies getting pinned to a wall by a salvo of sizzling rivets to be absolutely hilarious. But I'd prefer for all weapons to have a place in the game and have a reason to be picked other than the model/weapon bit itself looking cool.

JawRippa

Gang Hero
Mar 31, 2017
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Anyway, I wanted to continue with actual suggestions. I was wondering if any combination of these trait's disadvantages would make an okay downside for a "Mining equipment" weapon. I want this weapon to be both killy and cheap, but come with major disadvantage that makes it a decent choice if you need to boost your killing power in melee, but are low on cash.

Cumbersome: A fighter armed with this weapon...
  1. ...does not gain a bonus attack for charging.
  2. ...has to use their Fight action as if it was a double action (fight action can still be done as a free action as a part of the charge).
  3. ...can't consolidate, nor Coup de Grace as a part of a Fight action.
  4. ...has to reroll their successful hits, unless it was a natural 6 (It similar to a -1 to hit, but you can't fix it with +modifiers, probability is in the table below).
WS​
Probability of a successful hit​
2+​
73%​
3+​
49%​
4+​
34%​
5+​
23%​
6+​
16%​