Miniature Ideas/Conversion collection thread (Image heavy)

Hawkins44

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Hello!

While I was cleaning up my image folder where I keep pics for inspiration I gathered over the last few centuries, I thought of creating this thread, where people can post ideas or interpretations for others to get inspired. Ideas for miniatures you plan on building sometime in the future, or planned but decided against, something you have seen or read, or just a concept that randomly popped-up in your head you have no plan on developing any further, but others can! Feel free to add a little background, or how you got that idea!
(If you already created some interesting and unique project, feel free to post a link, but mind this is not intended as a show-off thread. Thanks)

So, I kick-off:
1) I was reading the Lasgun Wedding novel, and there were mentioned members of the Royal Guard. They had Spyrer Rigs and other expensive stuff, but a conversion idea popped into my head to create a thematic gang. They are pretty much a privately-owned, fancy & flashy Imperial Guard regiment.
Les Grognards + Autoguns = Royal Guard (possibly played as Orlocks)

Last edited:

Mutant Modifier

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
May 24, 2019
mutantmodifier.blogspot.com
Just bought the Sons of Behemat battletome for AoS. I'm thinking about taking a trip to a few local thrift stores and flea markets just to see if I could find around 6 big (gargant sized) toy models to provide a good base for scratch building an army of these gargants. Maybe something around the size of Action Force / Star Wars / He-Man toy models. Definitely not gonna pay big money for those actual brands (nor willing to chop up expensive collectables).

So basically with this project I'm aiming at building a 1940pts Sons of Behemat army for less than 10€ invested on cheap used toys.

Reactions: Space Truckin

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Just bought the Sons of Behemat battletome for AoS. I'm thinking about taking a trip to a few local thrift stores and flea markets just to see if I could find around 6 big (gargant sized) toy models to provide a good base for scratch building an army of these gargants.

These probably aren't big enough for your needs, but it might be useful inspiration:

Reactions: Mutant Modifier

Hawkins44

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 2nd Place
AdMech galore
delaque-tech-priest-conversion-wip-6.jpg

5c34092538aaa9e0a4320031cf48da94.jpg

EP2rKB1XkAA15v9.jpg

Hawkins44

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Other Ideas:
Imperial Guardsmen (Or 3rd party equivalent) + Orlock hands = PDF Strike Team. Should Look rather low-tech, though.

Another thing that could be done with the Orlocks (or their weapons) is to recreate the Terran Republic (❤) from Planetside.
Orlock Ruleset offers the Prospects with Jump Packs, that can work as the Light Assault Class.

planetside2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mutant Modifier