Miniature Library

matswo

Gang Champion
Mar 7, 2012
Bergen, Norway
So, we all know about the online citadel catalogs which lists the ranges of miniatures...

but i think yakromunda deserves a library of the entire range of necromunda/confrontation models produced.

between us we should have most of the range, probably mostly painted as well.

I was thinking a gallery with an index of gangs / characters and then a picture of the model in its bare metal form and desciption/ID . if you click the picture, you would be taken to that specific miniatures gallery, and people who have painted it could upload their version of it. the gallery would be thumbnails, and if you click it you would be taken to the image.

it would be a great tool for reference and inspiration, as well as showing the painting skill of the yakromunda community.

it would eat up some server space and bandwidth thou, and require some coding im sure, but I think the community would benefit gratly from it.

Last edited by a moderator:

obar

Winged Monkey
Oct 19, 2011
Goteborg, Sweden
5pointer said:
I actually feel that Yakromunda is more active than Eastern Fringe... Probably just my perception, but at times EF was like a dusty western town with tumbleweed blowing through.

That and tapatalk works here which means I can take part more frequently lol

It is :). A lot in fact. It used to be less dusty I think. But there is no reason in not picking up on good ideas that were implemented there!

obar said:
5pointer said:
I actually feel that Yakromunda is more active than Eastern Fringe... Probably just my perception, but at times EF was like a dusty western town with tumbleweed blowing through.

That and tapatalk works here which means I can take part more frequently lol

It is :). A lot in fact. It used to be less dusty I think. But there is no reason in not picking up on good ideas that were implemented there!

I agree completely! Might as well take the good stuff and do a Yakromunda version ;)

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
Actually nooker contacted me a short while ago with a similar idea as he has most of the imagery already I believe. It could be simply forum posts or a custom section of Yakromunda that might make it easier for sorting and searching.

nooker

Prodigal Viking of the Librarium
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'd be willing to work on such a section, given the tools. I have a catalog and many other resources that I'd readily share.

A secondary use of such a library could be to as a stock pictures for gang rosters.

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
That is true, I actually already have a database of images for gangers Yakromunda. Add some more meta data, add more images to the collection, create a browsing interface and voila.

nooker

Prodigal Viking of the Librarium
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
I've noticed and I think even used that database, but it is limited and it would be far cooler to use pictures of models painted by our members. Well, tell me if you want me to do anything like start gathering pics or something.

Blood Donor

Hive Dweller
In Memorium
Tribe Council
Aug 23, 2011
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
yaktribe.games
obar said:
Over at eastern fringe they have this thread:
http://www.easternfringe.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3490
I'm all for starting one here, if not for sharing stuff with each other but it would probably only strengthen the great community that we allready have rolling.

I like this idea. It would be a great showcase of the unique looking gangs members have, and inspire others in what miniatures to source depending on which gang they want to play.

Blood Donor

Hive Dweller
In Memorium
Tribe Council
Aug 23, 2011
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
yaktribe.games
Kardikus said:
yeah ill be up for sharing some of my pics of my gangs lemme know when u need em

Group shot by Thursday, individual pics by Friday. And I'm going to have to go ahead and ask you to coe in on Sunday too, Kardikus.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that when you renege on posting Necro related pics on the Yak you stomp on the squishy little hearts of all your peers...

... ::) ;D