Minotaur, Minotaur, where for art thou Minotaur

Raven Morpheus

Gang Champion
Nov 19, 2017
Earth
Hey all

A couple of years ago now I put together a copy of the original Warhammer Quest (1995) from ebay lots. However when it came to the original Minotaur miniatures I decided not to buy them and bought 3 from the Reaper Bones range instead. All 3 cost me less than £10, which was less than the original GW WHQ Minotaur models were going for at the time.

However, I'm not entirely happy with them.

This is the Reaper model I bought 3 of (not my image), I feel it would look great in Warcraft, not so great in Warhammer -
77013_w_1.jpg

These are examples of the original GW WHQ model (which I'm sure we're all familiar with), apparently they also came with Talisman (3rd edition?), this is the best image I could find and isn't mine, probably one of the worst monopose models GW ever made imho -
minotaur-miniatures-warhammer-quest_1_3219cf1610c5fe4f4a3245bd4b86b0b1.jpg

I would replace the Reaper models with something else from Reaper but I've looked at all of their Minotaurs and I don't like them. I also don't like GW's current Minotaur models, they're overpriced (duh, they are GW) and the musculature on them looks ridiculous.

So, this is probably a massive long shot as I've been scouring the interweb these past few months to no avail, but does anyone here know of a good Minotaur model that is relatively inexpensive and suitable for Warhammer Quest (preferably not 3d print STL files)?

Thanks in advance for any info/help on this.

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Are you familiar with the Russian toy company Tehnolog? Their stuff can often be found via eBay.

Here's an example of their minotaurs:

Reactions: Raven Morpheus

Raven Morpheus

Gang Champion
Nov 19, 2017
Earth
Interesting. I wasn't aware of them. But they don't look much better than the Reaper models I've already got and I'm not prepared to go down the route of buying spare bits and converting them. Although at <£8 posted I will keep them in mind.

Gunkaiser

Spyrer Superior
Honored Tribesman
May 24, 2017
Corvallis, Oregon
I dunno, that's probably one of my favorite minotaurs out there... if I ever build a Chaos Dwarf BB team I'll just cut the melee weapons off and have at.

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
Are you familiar with the Russian toy company Tehnolog? Their stuff can often be found via eBay.

Here's an example of their minotaurs:

I really like those Tehnolog minotaurs. They have a very "oldhammer" look to them and cheap is my second favourite price after free.

Raven Morpheus

Gang Champion
Nov 19, 2017
Earth
The "relatively inexpensive" bit is the hard part. There are loads of lovely minotaur models from companies like Zealot Miniatures or Mierce but they're pretty expensive. Mierce sometimes runs 50% off sales though so worth keeping an eye on them.

Thanks. Having just looked at Mierce Miniatures I see what you mean, they do look great. But yeah £14.99 is a bit steep, maybe if I was just buying 1. Although I like the look of this one, so I am very tempted, as it's metal it'll have that satisfying metal thunk when it gets put down on the board to emphasise the point that the adventurers are about to die -

mrm_dkl_fmr_blr_min_405_000_01_large.png

Last edited: