N18 Modifying the Van Saar / Gang Manager

Discussion in 'Rules, Mechanics & Skills' started by Project_XXVIII, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Project_XXVIII

Project_XXVIII New Member

So after getting close to two dozen games into my first campaign and getting a feel for the new Van Saar,.. they need some tweaking.

The number of times I utter “on a 2+”, “2+ to hit” or “hits on a 2+” has gotten embarrassing. I find myself not adding hit modifiers just to have the odd 3+ or 4+.

So to that end, I wanted to start up the next campaign with Champs and possibly Leaders having their BS reduced to 3+, and repoint the models accordingly using some all-to-complex algorithm I think is legit.

Trouble is that I rely heavily on the Yaktribes Gang Manager,.. it’s quite amazing and much props to everyone involved in maintaining it, but I cannot figure out how to drop the default cost to these particular models.

I suppose I could just assume “I have 1 Leader and 3 champs, drop my gang rating by ‘X’”, but I know I’ll forget that in a matter of minutes.

Is there a way to alter the cost of gang members? I know I can alter default stats, or perhaps a way to have “free” equipment to make up the difference? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Benoksen

Benoksen Ganger

You can build your own gangers in the "customize" section of the gang creator, and completely make them to taste. I think champs and leaders in genereral start too beefed up, so I made some versions with better (lower!) starting stats. Worked fine.

3. Project_XXVIII

Project_XXVIII New Member

This I know, I was just asking if there was a way to alter the default cost of models, eg; if I mod Van Saar Leader/Champ BS to 3+, then a 10 cred reduction per model is in order.

4. COLBOURNE

COLBOURNE Ganger

I hear you. Van Saar in my campaign are cleaning up on 2+ on everything

5. Punktaku

Punktaku Un-Dis-Honored
    Honored Tribesman

@Malo would be the best one to ask, as he's the neuromancer behind the whole techno-wizardry that is the tools.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice