Moustache's Modelling Mayhem (and other such ramblings)

Dec 15, 2021
Canada
Cawdor

Started converting some AdMech into a Cawdor gang...

0zRt7to.jpg

1dvOrp8.jpg

DEgH8AU.jpg

jiggW0s.jpg

x9Py1tE.jpg

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Comparison shots are always useful, but don't go to any trouble for my sake. As it happens, I just found some useful ones anyway:

Dec 15, 2021
Canada
Comparison shots are always useful, but don't go to any trouble for my sake. As it happens, I just found some useful ones anyway:

Too late!

Front (Left to right): Outcast, Wargames Atlantic, Wargame Exclusive, Outcast

Back: (Left to right): GW AdMech, GW Palentine Subjugator, Kromlech Greatcoat

(Also the Wargames Atlantic model is using Outcast arms)

Ie1t4nV.jpg

0L94eG5.jpg

rWhZYYH.jpg

XygxMGm.jpg

r6Eb4Vj.jpg

Dec 15, 2021
Canada
First crack at using the tool with the Orc gang above:

FI7T6Wn.png

EDIT: Could easily cut back on scum and add another champ or beef up the leader/champ but I thought I'd take a shot at pricing them out as they're built, just to see what I came up with. I also didn't adjust any of the stats - I just wanted to see what I could get away with equipment-wise.

Last edited:

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
Orks can be done so many ways in the Hive. Two players in our campaign are currently running them - One is using Goliath rules, with everyone having T4. The other using using venator rules, representing an Ork Boss and a couple of champions that have won the hearts of some puny humans for their underhive misadventures.

Using Outcasts you could give the warboss any profile, or use any of the guilds as the eladwr and champion/s. Lots of options to increase the Toughness.

One thing to consider is that a lot of scenarios have restrictions on the numbers of fighters included in the battle. So there is a good chance you won’t be able to include all 12 of them, may be better throwing a few of grots in the trash and giving everyone a bit of mesh armour.

ps: gladiators look great, and what are you going to do with the squat?

Reactions: Pagumb
Dec 15, 2021
Canada
Orks can be done so many ways in the Hive. Two players in our campaign are currently running them - One is using Goliath rules, with everyone having T4. The other using using venator rules, representing an Ork Boss and a couple of champions that have won the hearts of some puny humans for their underhive misadventures.

Using Outcasts you could give the warboss any profile, or use any of the guilds as the eladwr and champion/s. Lots of options to increase the Toughness.

One thing to consider is that a lot of scenarios have restrictions on the numbers of fighters included in the battle. So there is a good chance you won’t be able to include all 12 of them, may be better throwing a few of grots in the trash and giving everyone a bit of mesh armour.

ps: gladiators look great, and what are you going to do with the squat?
Ah, restrictions on the number of fighters would make a huge difference. I'm tempted to cut it down to 5 Scum and add another Champ to make it a more viable gang.

Thanks (about the gladiators) and, as for the squat, he's the Champ of a Squat gang I've finished assembling but haven't put all together yet (it's led by Grendl Grendlsen).