Musings of The Warlords

Domino

Ganger
Jul 16, 2014
Wyke Road, Weymouth, Dorset
I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where I could post general items such as pics of models, progress related to the Rise of The Warlords thread and to invite ideas and input for the campaign.
The Rise of the Warlords will deal directly with the Battle Reports and narrative. This is more like a 'behind the scenes' extra for all the information not in the main Narrative thread to make it easier to follow and prevent clutter.

Reactions: Stubram

Domino

Ganger
Jul 16, 2014
Rise of The Warlords: Campaign Custom Characters

For the narative campaign envisioned by my opponent, we will have access to 7 custom characters [see Chapter Approved 2018 for details] which break down as 4 Heroes, 2 Mighty Heroes and 1 Legendary Hero.
Below is the list of characters I have come up with along with a brief explanation of their gear, abilities and talents.

Elnae Baeleraniel Heroine of Anaris Shelwe.
Wraithseer

Formally a Warlock, such was her will that even as she lay dying after being struck down in battle, she continued to support her kin with her abilities. When her Spirit Stone was recovered, it was decided to place it into a Wraith Construct so that her abilities would not be lost.
In life she was perhaps the most powerful Spirit Seer of the Craft World, in death, reborn in a wraithbone shell her Psychic might was not dimmed as she can deny (Adamantium Will) an additional power and refuses to fall (Indomitable) when on the battlefield as any damage to her shell is shrugged off and regrows (Impervious).
When she strides into battle, the spirits of the Craft World are buoyed up driving them to greater feats of heroism (Inspiational Leader).
She normally carries the D-Cannon on a shoulder mount, but has been known to carry other types dependent on the mission. As always, she carries the ubiquitous Ghost Spear to deal with targets that close in as well as two Aeldari Flamers to augment that close defence.

M​
WS​
BS​
S​
T​
W​
A​
Ld​
Sv​
Inv Sv​
FNP Sv​
Pts​
7​
8​
12​
4​
9​
3+​
5++​
N/A​

* Remaining Wounds​
M​
WS​
BS​
7-12​
8​
3+​
3+​
4-6​
6​
4+​
4+​
1-3​
4​
5+​
5+​

Asurduin Galanvar Hero of Anaris Shelwe.
Autarch

Upon learning the ways of the warrior path, Asurduin chose to take an ancient Biting Blade from the Scorpion Shrine said to have been fashioned by Vaul from the claws of the great Scorpion himself. The result is a Blade that bites through armour more effectivly (Razor Edged) than the standard blade. Other than this he carries a Fusion Gun, Force Shield, Plasma Grenades and Mandiblasters.
Considered a master dualist (Dualist) by the Exarchs and a hero (Heroic) of the craftworld, he often runs from one combat to another. Built into his helm is a device that enhances his Mandiblasters (Icon of Retribution). The device is said to contain the tortured souls of captives from his time with the Scorpion Shrine, torn from their mortal forms and held forever captive in a matrix created by the Bonesingers. During battle, as the battle fury rises, the energies in his helm supercharge his Mandiblasters and direct fire at nearby foes.

M​
WS​
BS​
S​
T​
W​
A​
Ld​
Sv​
Inv Sv​
FNP Sv​
Pts​
7​
2+​
2+​
3​
3​
5​
4​
9​
3+​
4+​
N/A​
90​

Asherye Khelsa Heroine of Anaris Shelwe.
Spiritseer

Formally a Ranger, Asherye took to the path of the Seer with great ease. Able to command and cast additional powers (Psychic Might, Master of Lore), her ability appeared to extend to concealing herself without the Cameleoline normally used, a form of Psychic cloak (Camouflage). No one knows how this came about, but its usefulness is without question.
If she were said to have one failing, it would be her lingering hatred of the enemies of the Craft World (Grudge). Equipment wise, she carries a Shuriken Pistol, Witch Staff, Plasma Grenades and Rune Armour for protection.

M​
WS​
BS​
S​
T​
W​
A​
Ld​
Sv​
Inv Sv​
FNP Sv​
Pts​
7​
2+​
2+​
3​
3​
4​
2​
8​
6+​
4++​
N/A​
65​

Idrankon Barasan Hero of Anaris Shelwe.
Autarch Windrider

Riding into battle upon a Jetbike, Idrankon usually makes use of a shoulder mounted Reaper Launcher along with a Star Lance, both weapons he gained when he traversed the paths of the respective shrines. His Reaper Launcher is fitted with a modified ammunition feed (Auto Loader) that enables him to fire additional shots which appear to seek out weak points (Sundering Shots) in his targets armour. As for his own armour, it seems to deflect the worst damage with ease (Resiliant). On the charge, he is just as deadly, raining blows with his Lance upon the enemy (Deadly Charge) in an assault that even the toughest of foes are left realing from. To add to his effectivness, he was gifted with Psycosonic amplifiers by the Banshee Shrine housed on the Craft World.

M​
WS​
BS​
S​
T​
W​
A​
Ld​
Sv​
Inv Sv​
FNP Sv​
Pts​
16​
2+​
2+​
3​
4​
6​
4​
9​
3+​
4++​
N/A​
129​

Artyr Karandavar Mighty Hero of Anaris Shelwe.
Farseer

It is said of Karandavar that he missed his calling when he took to the Path of the Seer as he seems to relish driving headlong into combat, Witch Blade swinging, seeking his foes bloody demise.
His weaponry is a little unusual as he carries, along with his Shuriken Pistol and Witch Blade, Plasma Grenades and Melta Bombs that make him extremely flexible when it comes to his target choices. His Witch Blade is said to choose its wielder, becoming more deadly (Heirloom) in the hands of its rightful bearer.
In combat, none can deny his natural talent at casting aggressive bolts of power at the foes of the Craft World, but his leanings are said to resemble the Harlequins as he rains blows upon his foes in combat (Deadly Charge), Impetuously running forward (Impetuous) and getting 'The Drop' (Swift Strike) on his foes to accomplish this. Such is his want to destroy his enemies that he quickly advances (Swift Advance) across the battlefield. But in spite of this he is still a canny warrior, even in the heat of battle, falling back and charging his foes (Reactive Tactics) when he feels it most advantageous.

MWSBSSTWA
Ld​
SvInvFNP SvPts
72+2+3353
9​
6+4++5+++110

Calbaer Morgath – aka: Doomwalker Mighty Hero of Anaris Shelwe.
Autarch

An Autarch-Pathfinder who walks the webway seeking out the secret ways and news of interest to the Craftworld. Part of his time has been spent interacting with a Mon Keigh known as Lord Ilya Aspen Connaught, a Rogue Trader of the Imperium, in a collaboration that has proven useful to both.
He carries a Modified Long Rifle (Auto Loader), Shuriken Pistol, Plasma Grenades, Dire Sword and Force Shield, tied with his Field Craft (Infiltrator) make him a formidable foe to face.
His ability to spot hidden foes and guide the shots of his kin is made possible by a complex targeting system (Targeting Augary) further enhanced by the fact that he is one of the best shots (Deadly Marksman) the Craft World has known enabling him to zero in on weak spots with his weapons even more efficiently. It is said that he is able to bend the shadows to his will (Camoflauge) and his enemies believe him to be undying as he walks through the heaviest of volleys unscathed (Hard to Kill).
For the enemies of the Craftworld, when Calbaer Morgath Walks among them, Doom follows.

M​
WS​
BS​
S​
T​
W​
A​
Ld​
Sv​
Inv Sv​
FNP Sv​
Pts​
7​
2+​
2+​
3​
3​
5​
4​
9​
3+​
4+​
N/A​
75​

Barleath Asurdor Legendary Hero of Anaris Shelwe.
Farseer

The Greatest Farseer of his time, he has led the Craft World since the time of the rise of the Chaos traitors (Chaos Space Marines) in the human realm.
Along with his mastery (Psychic Might) he is also capable of great feats of control (Adamatium Will) and is capable of extra bursts of Eldritch power (Master of Lore). Such is his Psychic strength, he often strikes fear (Terrifying) into his foes as the Eldritch energies swirl about him.
He has survived for so long whilst being involved in the Craft Worlds affairs, some believe he has been blessed by the surviving gods (Divine Protection) though the truth is the Armour of Vaul protects him, a superior Rune Armour that provides greater protection to him.
His Singing Spear is said to have been passed down through generations, with remarkable balance (Finely Balanced) and fine edge (Razor Edge) to the Spear point. Indeed, so well balanced is his weapon, that he has been known to counter strike (Savage Riposte) when defending against blows delivered by enemy combatents. His side arm is the Shuriken Pistol which he uses as needed.

MWSBSSTWALdSvInvFNP SvPts
72+2+335296+4++5+++115

Now all I have to do is source models, convert and paint them :eek:

Domino

Ganger
Jul 16, 2014
Re: Battles 1&2

As yet, @Stubram and I have to get battle 2 written up, but I have posted some narrative in the 'Rise of The Warlords' thread to explain why my Character was able to make the battle. By rights, Calbaer should have sat out battle 2, but both @Stubram and I failed to notice the rule in the campaigns section.

I will be buying a new Wraith Lord soon that I will be converting to create Elnae Baeleraniel.
I have one worry which is the D Cannon. The one I have is the old metal one which is rather heavy for the new plastic model to bear.
I'm planning to set the model in the kneeling position to lower the centre of gravity and place magnets in the shoulder and wrist mounts so that I can swop out the weapon(s) post campaign. This should hopefully make it look more dynamic than the Forge World model.

If any one has any tips that may be useful for this project, they would be greatly appreciated.