Drag to reposition cover

Necromunda MusingWarboss' Modelling and Painting log (Currently: Goliath Juve ConversionBash)

Azzabat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Jan 24, 2013
Bristol, UK
Sorry to hear about your loss. I lost someone last year so if you ever want to chat/vent hit me up.

Your painting looks amazing. Such attention to detail. I love it when folk use a reduced color palette like you have. Not a skill I can replicate but I can enjoy your work nonetheless.

Blood Donor

Executive Officer in Charge of the 2014 Bake Sale
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Aug 23, 2011
Cranbrook, British Columbia, Canada
The head on the Cawdor is very cool. I can't get over the pic of the construction apron with a chest mounted drill; I have no idea what job that would be for or why you would want your drill/impact driver holstered on your chest, but kinda want to know more of where you found those tool harnesses.

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
Thank you all, it’s a tough time as you’d expect... never realised there would be so much paperwork, phoning around and other stuff to do right at the time you feel least like doing any of that!

Getting there slowly but there’s something very intrusive about having to sift through and unravel someone’s life just after they’ve passed. :(

kinda want to know more of where you found those tool harnesses.
One for @cainex1 to answer there, he posted up those pictures.

Morghot

Juve
Apr 25, 2019
Italy
(because I can’t stick to one thing apparently).
It's the damnation of (almost) us all, never done anything before starting a new one!!

Brother Ventaille looks great, both painting and conversion! Perfect also to represent a countryman of one fedual worlds maybe! Congrats!

Cool works on the goliath too, orange is one of my favourite colour so... :cool::cool:

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
So now that Hitachi is changing it’s name, are you going to alter your plan for the Goliaths?
Nope! :cool: The Goliaths are going to carry on being angry construction workers and may now be even angrier!!

I didn’t have a plan for a guy called Hitachi so far... I may have to consult my list...

Their new name is a bit... “err... really??”

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
So in an effort to pick up some "hobby mojo" I did a delve into the murky depth of the ancient bits box. Ignoring most of the crap in there I discovered a few relics from 1995's boxed game which had been previously mauled and mutilated by an over enthusiastic younger me.

Salvage of old damaged and broken models is actually quite satisfying isn't it? Even though I really should be painting my existing models not making new ones to add to the ever expanding mass of forces that look at me and judge...judge..jud... Err... Where was I?

Oh yeah. So I cobbled together this cheeky little bugger from spare modern Goliaths and a leftover classic.

Meet "Harris".

Happy chap isn't he? He likes painting hazard stripes, stimming, whacking people in the spuds and thinking he's the boss. He dislikes Escher as they're taller than him and he has a complex about it. One day he'll stimm enough to be as tall and beefy as the other Men. He also dislikes Escher as there are no spuds to whack. So he has to aim higher at boob level which also just reinforces his height issues.

Here he is hanging out with with Black and Decker.

He'd also like to point out that he's still working on his back, but he's proud of it so far.

One day he'd like to join the gang and be all shiny and technicolor. For now though he'll continue WIP.

+++end transmission+++

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Shortstack is a lot of fun. The left arm seems to have a bit bigger trap than the right.

Reactions: trollmeat

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
The peril of stimming... ;)

Which bit? Shoulder? Bicep? I'm waiting for green stuff to cure to avoid the dreaded fingerprint of ruination then I can tackle him again another day. The arms themselves are a bit freakish as the new scale is taller, so there was a bit of careful reposing on the two-part spudjacker one to avoid Gorilla arm as much as possible. The other is stock Stubgun so far, though it is let into the shoulder a bit.

I'll certainly look at a him with fresh eyes another day, he was a lot of fun to slap together and I think I'll have fun using him on the tabletop... IF I ever get him painted!

Reactions: trollmeat and spafe

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Left trapezius, maybe cut it in to match the right trap a little more and also, cut the cable from the tricep and move it more right about 1-2mm, that would disguise the difference a bit too. Hope that helps.

sump dweller

Mr Fancy Pants
Honored Tribesman
Sep 6, 2014
County Kerry - Ireland

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
Yeah. The originals really are knuckle draggers for sure.

Perhaps I should post up a photo or two of my original Goliaths??

1 comments
Reactions: trollmeat

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
Ok, as I’ve not really made much painting progress on my NeoGoliaths I think I’ll post up a few photos of my 2007 conversions of the 1995 plastics.

The only thing that may happen to these guys is I may repaint the rims of the bases to a sandy colour for Gorkamorka purposes. :)

So for starters how about a trio showing Goliaths through the ages?

L>R
“Clint” 2007.
Random Metal Shotgun Dude.
DeWalt.

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
Back with more 2007 Converted Goliath-ness!

Ork Bolter wielding tattooed baldy!

Ironic that in the new edition the Axe is actually a pretty decent weapon option!

This guy ^ was the first of the 2007 conversions. It’s pretty minor really but effective.

My idea for these guys is that they live in a junkyard and lift heavy stuff around all day. Classic hazard stripes aplenty!