Drag to reposition cover

Necromunda MusingWarboss' Modelling and Painting log (Currently: Just an old Grenadier as a Ratskin)

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
Ok, as I’ve not really made much painting progress on my NeoGoliaths I think I’ll post up a few photos of my 2007 conversions of the 1995 plastics.

The only thing that may happen to these guys is I may repaint the rims of the bases to a sandy colour for Gorkamorka purposes. :)

So for starters how about a trio showing Goliaths through the ages?

L>R
“Clint” 2007.
Random Metal Shotgun Dude.
DeWalt.

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
Back with more 2007 Converted Goliath-ness!

Ork Bolter wielding tattooed baldy!

Ironic that in the new edition the Axe is actually a pretty decent weapon option!

This guy ^ was the first of the 2007 conversions. It’s pretty minor really but effective.

My idea for these guys is that they live in a junkyard and lift heavy stuff around all day. Classic hazard stripes aplenty!

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
Losing the gobbo green & adding the name plates really makes a massive difference. :)

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
Awesome! Make another dozen mini-tools and offer them as tribute to the next yak competition winner(s)? :-D

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
So... you seem to be liking these so far! Woo!

So here’s a couple more in this thread (they’re all in the album if you want to directly see them):

Pit Fighter
This guy is a pit fighter on the side to earn extra creds.

Gas mask guy.
That face needed... err... covering. So out came the Greenstuff and a rough but ok mask whipped up!

D

Deleted member 10658

I am always happy to see a good conversion of those terrible old plastic Goliaths. Great work (y)

Reactions: MusingWarboss

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
Whoops, forgot to post the last ones up in the thread!! I’ll catch up now.

Sarge. Ex-military, he got to keep his de-mob gear the trusted Lasgun (stop hissing you!! They *can* have them they can!!!) and helmet.

Was originally the leader as he knows how to handle difficult men (now... just stop it. Stop it. There’s nothing Blue Oyster Bar about these Goliaths) until his replacement took over... Chubby Stud. Then they became Chubby’s Boys.

I haven’t actually finished painting Chubby up yet though.

I pity the fool who goes up against this hammer wielding maniac!!

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
With Clint I was going for a hard hat look. Hence the yellow.

Pitt though does look cool. The Gorka Arm really sells the fighter look.

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
The original name for the Gang was “The Fista’s of Battle”.

I know... so childish, so un-PC these days but back then... #ItWasAlrightInTheNoughies

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
I RETURN!!! 😜

With a minor update. 😁

So, I’ve had Harris sat about for possibly half a year and I wasn’t completely happy with him. So I decided to rework the stubgun arm.

So now like a true Goliath, he’s got his chopper out! 😱

I figured he had a holster already and it’s clearly got a pistol in it... so, yeah. That can be any pistol really bar a plasma or the likes.

I actually prefer this pose, he looks cooler. Also I rather fancied having a spudjacker and brute cleaver model and frankly didn’t want to waste a new Goliath body!!!

On the Juve they go! Will he be viable?? Who cares. Rule of cool.

Reworked the muscles. He’s still gorilla armed but then again these plastic guy’s original arms were like that!!

Do you prefer him now or before??*

*I’m not changing him back.