• YakTribe will be migrated to a new server on Monday night, April 12th after 2am GMT and should be available on Tuesday morning.

Necromunda MusingWarboss' Modelling and Painting log (Currently: Some beefy boys )

Greenthumb

Ganger
Jan 28, 2018
Manchester
I think they are very very nice and very realistic bases. My only critic I will perhaps say is their armour is too clean for the underhive and how real their bases look. 👀👀
For me a very very light sponge or tipple of some dark brown and blacks on the lowers parts of armour(knee and shin pads)
I sponge typhous corrosion myself straight on models for grime. Maybe a scratch or two on that armour would take them next level for me. They are great already so I hope my comments dont dishearten you in any way but a little weathering would make them world class. Especially in contrast to the bright orange. Add a bit of grunge I dare you. 😁😜😜

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
While I do like a bit of grunge, my guys are resplendent in their orange hi-vis workwear! ;)

This is mostly my style, crisp clean paint - not realistic maybe but sometimes I think the grime can be overdone, it needs to scale well with the size of the miniature otherwise it looks like they've been bathing in filth. I can consider adding a bit here and there but it'd be subtle.

If you look at Stihl you can see on his Renderizer that it's definitely been used and is quite chipped.

For lots of dust and chipping you might like my classic Goliaths more.

Greenthumb

Ganger
Jan 28, 2018
Manchester
Please dont think I dont like the hi vis boys. I do but yes subtle is actually what I meant. Your paint work is really good. Just a 2p comment from me but to be fair to you that's all I could find to critic as they are so good. 💪💪

Reactions: MusingWarboss

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
Here a Beefy update! I’ve uploaded the large versions of my remaining fighters for the plog. You might have seen the collage version on the “paint your stuff” thread.

Maybe I should add some white to his knee pads??

I’m happy enough with them - now to move onto the rest of the pile of shame!!