Necromunda MusingWarboss' Modelling and Painting log (Currently: Sump Sea Cargo Ship!!)

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Ooh! The metal Kommando’s with the skully caps? I loved those motels. I sold them off on eBay ages ago. Still hurts....

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
Ooh! The metal Kommando’s with the skully caps? I loved those motels. I sold them off on eBay ages ago. Still hurts....
These are the modern beefy ones. I’ve also got some Tankbustas BNIB also metal but I’m not going to get ahead of myself.

I wish I had a set of the 2nd Ed ones though!!

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
I’ve finally found a good day to get primer on some ratmen. So that’s good. My enthusiasm for Green Gorilla Orks is still waining a bit so I’ll see if I can finish this squad of jump pack boys.

Honestly I’m still stuck in Goliath zone. Especially as I’ve just received 12 unpainted, unglued 1995 plastic Goliaths!! Oh yes, I see a few more short and stocky Juve/Bully models being converted up soon.

Now to comply with modern rules I’ll assemble them up from the HoC Bully Weapon list. But I don’t need 12.

So crazy option no.2 - Modernise the 1995 boys.
Plenty of stubcannon arms from the plastic sprues left, plus necks and heads. Should I make up a couple of autogun/lasgun Bully boys for ORB/NCE games?!? I can then use a mix of newer and older models for both! Dunno.

Unslain

Gang Hero
Nov 29, 2014
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, UK
I say do crazy option no.2! If it's any encouragement, the new-style goliaths will fit onto a 25mm cylindrical base instead of the usual chamfered. Having an autogunner who's now defunct with HoC, I'm tempted to change all my gangers with pre-17 viable weapons (and stubcannon can just be big shotguns) to pinned bases so that I can swap them over if/when I persuade my group to try NCE.

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
Unhold your excitement! The thing that required a stencil is done!!

“Now that’s lovely and all MusingWarboss but it’s not a huge reveal or anything...”

Shhh you!! Shipping containers are good! Shipping containers are useful!! But they don’t get here by accident...

...excuse me, there’s something I just need to unlodge from where it’s stuck in the Sewer Canal for next weekend...

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
The mystery is over for all of you who went to YakMeet 2021!!

My Sump Sea Cargo Ship is unveiled!!

Here it is in its maiden voyage against @ClockworkOrange ‘s Trolls. Shortly before they rammed into each other.

Also in the background you can see my Sump Skimmer! It didn’t fare so well - but I did capture the trolls balloon ship!

Here's a few WIPs.

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
Here’s the Sump Dragon! (Tastes like chicken).

Here’s a few WIPs of it.

And if you’d noticed, he also cameo’d in a photo a long time back!!

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
Very quick trip over to BOYL today after having forgot about it being on this year.

Picked up this old 2000s style blisterpack of Street Violence Miniatures.

Sure you can still buy this whole range in their newer clippy packs BUT!! This one had extra weapons in! I’ve not seen that before so I guess they’ve stopped doing that which is a shame.

Looks like an uzi pistol, a machine gun, some kind of grenade launcher (?) and a riot shield!

I do like this range of models, got some before and they’re perfect for random civilians or making a gang up of your own.

I have plans for at least one of these girls but the others may just get painted up for random characters.