Mutie and the Beast - A Laggnog Presentation

Alobar

Gang Hero
Mutie and the Beast – A Laggnog Presentation

A tale as old as time…

Welcome to the latest Laggnog campaign – Mutie and the Beast…

This looks like it will be a colourful campaign with many characters – 15 players in all, plus 2 extras who have volunteered to arbitrate group games and set up some special stuff. I produced the house-rules doc for the group which was then discussed and voted on.

Key house rules for this campaign:
  1. Using Old Kingdoms rules – a dominion campaign but all gangs start with 2 random territories
  2. Tactics cards – players are allowed to make a deck of 30, rather than using all that they own
  3. Challenges – when 2 players agree to play, they roll-off to determine the challenger
  4. Exp – fighters get 1 exp for the first injury roll they cause in each round

Narrative games
Mutie is a mutated woman with incredibly strong psychic powers that were hitherto lying dormant. Expelled from her community for her hideousness, she found refuge in the sump where, through her burgeoning telepathic powers, she befriended a monstrous sump-beast. And so an unlikely romance began…
The campaign will feature 4 or 5 narrative games that will give the campaign some extra flavour and act as a kind of balancing tool, if necessary. With 15 gangs it is likely that some gangs will enjoy a good time and some will have a much worse time of it, so the gap between the mightiest and the lowliest could be quite big. If a terrible tragedy should befall the mightiest gangs I do not think many will weep for them…

GAME 1 – gang moot
  • We start off with a gang moot – this represents gang leaders coming together to discuss the strange disturbances in their territories and the disappearance of the enforcers and guilders
  • But rather than agree to carve up the area between them in a peaceful manner, things kick off.
  • There’ll be several gang moots – 3-4 players per game
GAME 2 – Gaston the murder cyborg
  • We’ll use the murder cyborg special scenario, probably with a slightly beefed up cyborg or an Ambot bodyguard
  • 2 or more gangs will be allowed to enter at a time. If they fail to kill the cyborg then another 2 or more gangs will play it, until Gaston is finally killed
  • There’ll be a special bounty of 100 creds to whoever kills the cyborg
GAME 3 – beast hunt
  • This will use the Monster Hunt scenario
  • We’ll throw in a few more minor beasts and slightly increase the stats of the beast to make it harder. Maybe the Spook rules as well?
  • 2 or more gangs will be able to enter. We’ll keep playing this scenario until someone finally kills the beast
  • Bounty of 100 creds to whoever kills the beast
Once Gaston and the Beast have been killed the Mutie will become enraged and will create havoc. Special events will feature (from the various tables in the rulebook). Plus every gang will lose at least 1 territory as the Mutie destroys them with her incredible powers.

GAME 4 – Destroy the Mutie
  • Modified from the Escape the Pit rules
  • We’ll use a long board – 18 tiles, 2 wide and 9 long
  • 4-5 gangs will start at each end of the board. The Mutie will be in the middle
  • Every turn every gang member must take a Willpower check to keep their Ready marker
  • Also every turn after turn 2, 1 board tile will be removed from each end
  • There’ll be a couple of gangs working with the Mutie to protect her (mind-controlled of course)
  • Plenty of Exp rewards and some credits for whoever kills the Mutie – her stats won’t be very good. She’ll just be sat in the middle sending out psychic powers (hence the willpower checks and removing the tiles). She’ll have no other powers
Once the Mutie is destroyed we’ll give all gangs another couple of weeks to fight it out and compete for the Triumphs, ending with an Awards Ceremony over a curry and beer…

Updates, Battle Reports, wanted posters, threats and other assorted nonsense may or may not appear here.

For more info, find the campaign here:

https://yaktribe.games/underhive/campaigns/mutie_and_the_beast.2148/

ineptmule

Gang Hero
Feb 17, 2011
Muswell Hill, UK
Lasgun optics polished.

Plasma coils vented & cooled.

Experimental weaponry assigned to the juve.

The Voidsworn Technocracy is ready to defend its own.

NVNQVAM ONERO PLASMA
Never overcharge your plasma
- Van Saar Motto

Reactions: Alobar and spafe

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
This will be GOOOOOOODDDDD!!!!!!!

Ah how many long nights have passed waiting for another laggnogg campaign...

Reactions: Alobar

Alobar

Gang Hero
Less than a week in to the campaign and there's already been a LOT of fights, many deaths, and even a complete gang restart by one nameless necro veteran...

I shall post up battle reports of my fights very soon, and hopefully others will post their stuff. Not been taking pictures yet so i'll have to get on that too - I know how you lot love piccies!

Reactions: Aulenback and spafe

ineptmule

Gang Hero
Feb 17, 2011
Muswell Hill, UK
Voidsworn Technocracy: The Tale of Senji Pt 01

To say that Senji's reception into the Voidsworn was frosty would be an understatement. All in the gang were aware that he was from the Van Saar upper crust: an embarrassing bastard born to the Visarche of the House and her third-favoured concubine. Although shoved to the fringes of Van Saar society, to the Voidsworn Senji is nevertheless foisted upon them as an unwelcome symbol of top-brass interference.

Pluto, while appreciative of Senji's skill at arms and the weaponry that he brings with him, can't help but feel a twitch of suspicion at his arrival. The fortunes of the Voidsworn have been strong so far, and the resulting attention lavished upon the gang by the house leaders is a double-edged power knife. As rewards for success increase, so too do the implied punishments for failure.

Reactions: Alobar

Alobar

Gang Hero
The Emperor’s Will – the story so far…

The Emperor’s Will are my Cawdor gang for this campaign. All members are named after famous people called Will, William, Billy, Willy, etc. Not very clever but it tickles me at least.

Gang selection

I started with a small gang, which is highly unusual for me. 2 gangers with blunderbusses, my fave Cawdor weapon; the blaze trait is just awesome, and so cheap! Then 2 axe and pistol gangers, followed by a fifth with a flail and pistol – flails are also a go-to fave of mine.
Champs – a flamer combi-weapon is a must for Cawdor, so cheap! And the blaze atrait gain! Second champ is a bit controversial here, I went with a chain-glaive. Terrible choice as their WS is so poor, but I wanted flavour and a champ I could ‘build’ over time so I shoe-horned him into the gang. It’s only for fun anyway!
Leader with overseer and pistol/club. I had saved 85 creds knowing that I should be able to afford a third champ after game 1. I wanted to get a new champ every 1-2 games until I had a gang of 1 leader, 4 champs, 6 gangers and 1 juve. I’d then save for a brute. That was my plan anyway…

Territories
I had the luck of the Emperor with the territories. We randomly drew territory cards (all 15 of us) and I managed to get the Cawdor Bone Shrine (lots of income) plus the Promethium Cache (free incendiaries and reroll blaze!!). As I’d gone heavy on the flame weapons I couldn’t have wished for 2 better territories. However, I had some trepidation as luck usually goes around with me – all good luck brings an equal and opposite amount of bad luck. I believe I am destined to lose these territories in a ball of flame and hellfire…

Objectives
My primary objective is to play lots of games of necromunda and enjoy myself. Obviously. Secondary objectives are to actually achieve some success with this gang. My idea of success is to develop the gang into something nasty, real nasty. I want opponents to fear my gang, to be wary of them, and to actively seek to destroy them with venomous hatred. At the very least I want to progress a couple of champs up to 3-4 advances, and a couple advances on the brute so he can get decent WS (if I can ever afford him that is). I also want to kill as many enemies as possible.
The dominion campaign Triumphs are so varied, and in theory several are attainable for most gangs in a campaign regardless of how many games they actually win. With that in mind I also have an objective of attaining 1 of the triumphs (dunno which one yet).

Game 1 – gang moot – LOSS (2nd place out of 4)

Gang moots can be deadly. If you’re in the open in round 1, against shooty leaders, you’re a sitting duck. There were 3 gang moots happening simultaneously and one of them featured a leader getting melta-ed into paste from the first shot of the game. I really wanted to avoid something like that and was fortunately able to place a tile in the centre which was heavy with cover and doors. Obviously I put my leader out of sight. All 4 gangs then placed their fighters in areas close to their boss, not venturing close to their neighbours. I was squashed between a van saar gang and some venators... quite nervous times...
The van saar and orlock players started shooting/fighting straight away. All the van saar gangers heard the commotion and got active, but the orlocks just ignored it! At least 1 orlock went down, but not out. The van saar leader started taking a pasting from the orlock leader in combat.
Meanwhile, 1 of my gangers was alerted by the shooting van saar, who then alerted even more gangers by shooting at a van saar and missing. I then manoeuvred my gang to surround the venators as much as possible, who calmly carried on strutting about, ignoring the gunshots...
Eventually the orlocks woke up and took down a van saar, who promptly bottled and left the field (their leader was down so this did have the advantage of saving him a serious injury). The orlocks then repositioned and made a quick pact with the venators to challenge me. My chain-glaive champ went for a venator ganger, taking him down. They then bottled of course, before I could do serious damage to the rest. In that time, the orlocks had made an excellent advance. My attempts to flame them failed, and their combat shotgun took wounds off my boss and chain-glaive champ in response. With 1 ganger down from that combat shotgun I decided to bottle – if I had stayed I reckon I could have fought back, but only if I got the priority and a bit of luck. Luck cannot be relied on so I decided to leave the field and return for the orlock and venators another day (the van saar were actually very pleasant to me so I have no beef with them)…

At the end of this game I made decent income, and bought the third champ – double-pistols, including a plasma pistol. Also bought a rogue doc which are vital.

Game 2 – smash and grab against the Tunnel Dogs, a van saar gang, for the slag furnace (WIN)
Due to issues at home I was in a tense mood for this game. It was a mid-afternoon game with an early curfew (had to be back for kids dinnertime) which made me all the more nervous. The company was brilliant which chilled me out enough to roll some dice. Smash and grab has to be the best scenario for a dominion campaign challenge. U get your whole gang against around 6 or so enemies, and there’s plenty of cash up for grabs. The rules kind of encourage the enemy to castle up in one corner, bottle-necking the attackers into small killing areas. And it kind of worked for the van saar. The board was well controlled by them with large killing areas and very little cover for me. I made several terrible mistakes, including getting one of my blunderbuss gangers killed by their leader’s meltagun. Awful stuff. May the Emperor bless Brother Wallace! I noticed that he had placed 3 gangers in a line away from the rest of his gang. They looked like perfect flamer template fodder and I had the infiltrate tactics card with a combi-flamer champ. It was too much temptation so I went for it. Got the priority (in the end after we both used the tactics card that grants priority). All 3 got flamed, but the plasma gunner champ was unharmed (and not on fire) and gunned my champ down. He got up at the end of the turn with a fleshwound, I got priority again, and flamed them again. Then again the next turn the same thing happened. And on and on. Until 1 of his went out of action and another went down. He failed the bottle test and then all but 2 of his gang failed their cool checks (barring another couple on fire). Victory was mine – but a very hollow one. I got a load more cash, but the loss of Wallace was hard to take – he was a favourite of mine from the previous incarnation of this gang and it felt like losing my most useful and effective fighter… Still, “Thy Will be done” and all that…

So after game 2, I’ve had 1 death and taken 1 enemy out of action. Not great stats. I do however have a healthy reputation (thanks to the Cawdor Bone Shrine and winning this fight), and sit joint top in terms of rep. My gang rating is unnaturally high due to the 3 free incendiary devices and my income producing territories. 180 in the stash should allow me to develop them nicely for game 3. But I have nagging doubts about my gang’s prowess on the battlefield. Outclassed in both fights so far… Who's next???

Reactions: Stoof and spafe

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
loving these write ups dude! keep them coming, bring it home for the cawdor brotherhood!

Alobar

Gang Hero
The Emperor's Will - continued....

Game 3 – Marauders, attacking, Versus Shhh (Delaque) (WIN)
This was a bizarre game against my brother – my oldest rival going back a long, long time. Before campaigns we tend to play practise games together, to trial different tactics and lineups. Generally our clashes tend to be quick and decisive, with neither of us being able to claim overall domination. When he played as Goliath against my Escher he won most of our fights. But now he’s Delaque and I’ve gone Cawdor, I’ve had the better time. But those games were just practise, this time it was for real..!

Shhh started with only 3 fighters against my 6 – a bad start for him. They set up in an almost unreachable spot – he had set up the tiles to provide a very long narrow corridor all the way around the edge of the board, with only one entrance at one end. He set up on the furthest inaccessible end of course. There were no ductways, openings or doors for a good 2 tiles from where he started. That would give him plenty of time to get all his reinforcements on, outnumber me, and carve out a good win. It was a very good tactic, very good indeed, but I had a tactics card that spoilt it for him - hidden passage allowed me to place a ductway anywhere I wanted, which allowed me to get to his hiding place straight away, much to his chagrin.

Excellent luck on my part enabled me to seriously injure 2 and put all 3 on fire. Next turn, he had 2 reinforcements and put most of the fires out, only 1 going ooa before he could plug the gap. He then bottled when it was clear my flanking group of 4 fighters were about to arrive the following turn and cause a lot of damage to his champ reinforcements. And that is how I won the Refuse Pit - another Cawdor territory! Got 2 out of 3 of them now, and my next opponent has the third one!

I also got a LOT of income through lucky rolls (got far less luck in games 1 and 2 so it evens out). Bought a new blunderbuss ganger which then allowed me to get another champ – this time with a boltgun (couldn’t afford a melta!). I now have 4 champs which is the magic number, I think. Got offered a free juve from my settlement but couldn’t take it as didn’t have enough gangers. Am now saving up for the stig, unless someone can convince me that pet bird things are any good...

A load more games have been played by the other 15 gangs - mostly their reports are listed in the notes section of their gang... check em out if you're bored: https://yaktribe.games/underhive/campaigns/mutie_and_the_beast.2148/

Alobar

Gang Hero

Game 5 – Tunnel Skirmish, 4 way fight with 3 gangers, Versus All-Trade Jacks, Gentleman Bastards and Happy Clappers. (LOSS)
Enjoyable game where the Cawdor gangs seemed to work together against the van saar initially, only to both fail at the last hurdle and having fighters go ooa. Ended with my Cawdor taking out one of the other Cawdor in a lovely back-stabby move, plus a van saar. But bottling due to time pressure and inevitable defeat. This game also featured my second death – Brother Wilberforce died to a van saar lasgun to the face. Both deaths have been to my blunderbuss gangers – these weapons are cursed! I stupidly decided not to do any income after this game – and I didn’t even take Wilberforce to the corpse farm, offering him a proper Cawdor cremation instead, burnt by his own blunderbuss…

Game 6 - Forgotten Riches Versus Happy Clappers (Cawdor) WIN

This was a face-off to claim the crown as the top Cawdor gang of the campaign. I won the challenge roll, yet again, (my luck has been ridiculous) and set about attacking for Happy Clappers' Collapsed Dome. It was a tactical affair with the Happy Clappers taking 2 crates straight away, but ceding the centre ground. I rushed forward, only taking the 1 crate, and held the centre ground steadfastly. Fighting ensued of course, but I kept the centre ground, taking multiple flesh wounds in the process - with a single doorway being opened and closed 4 times to much amusement/irritation. As with many tight games, it all hinged on 1 crucial turn and a priority roll...

On the crucial turn in question, the Happy Clappers seized the initiative and had a missile crossbow frag missile template over all 5 of the Emperor's Will. Only needed a 2+ to hit. But it missed! Scattered onto 2 fighters from each side, taking the 2 Happy Clappers down but having no effect on mine. Disaster for them, incredible luck for me (and I didn't even roll a dice). The rest of the turn involved my fighters recovering, causing another wound and putting them all on fire, then bravely shutting the door again. On the next round, with my 5 fighters all up and ready to charge in, the Happy Clappers had to concede or face multiple fighters taking injury rolls. Great game though, played in true Cawdor spirit - there was a LOT of fire!
I rolled a lot of income after this game - 320 in total. I already had 120 in the stash so I now had a sizeable balance. Still wasn't sure what to spend it on so did nothing and went straight to the next game...

Game 7 - Tunnel Skirmish, 6 gangs involved in 3 teams of 2 LOSS
Despite our recent rivalry I teamed up with the Happy Clappers to create a Cawdor alliance. Together we are strong! This may be a sign of where the campaign will be headed when we get to the narrative games. There was the 2 Cawdor gangs, versus an Orlock and Delaque team, and finally a Van Saar and Venator team. Each gang took 3 random gangers, and during the scenario each team operated as a single gang. It was a tense game with alliances formed between teams and swiftly broken. The Venators and Van Saar proved to be formidable with great tactical nous, holding the other teams at bay and arguably having the better of it, until Wallace used his blunderbuss to set 2 of them on fire. Unfortunately I then had to bail to rescue my children (childcare had departed) so took the loss, but lessons were learned... Gangers only fights are fun, with the inability to do group activations proving a real problem - opening a door for your pal to shoot through now becomes far riskier...
I again got decent income, bringing my stash to almost 700 creds. Obviously I will now purchase the stig-shambler with all the upgrades - I have a fully painted model for it afterall. Then i'll probably go for another ganger and a 5th champ with the all important meltagun... Or I could just arm the whole gang with armoured undersuits and carapace! Or handflamers! So much cash and so much choice!

Reactions: Draconic and spafe

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
700 creds?! stig, champ, multimelta, suspensor... laugh manicaillly!

enyoss

Gang Hero
Tribe Council
Jul 19, 2015
SL

Game 5 – Tunnel Skirmish, 4 way fight with 3 gangers, Versus All-Trade Jacks, Gentleman Bastards and Happy Clappers. (LOSS)

Enjoyable game where the Cawdor gangs seemed to work together against the van saar initially, only to both fail at the last hurdle and having fighters go ooa. Ended with my Cawdor taking out one of the other Cawdor in a lovely back-stabby move, plus a van saar. But bottling due to time pressure and inevitable defeat. This game also featured my second death – Brother Wilberforce died to a van saar lasgun to the face. Both deaths have been to my blunderbuss gangers – these weapons are cursed! I stupidly decided not to do any income after this game – and I didn’t even take Wilberforce to the corpse farm, offering him a proper Cawdor cremation instead, burnt by his own blunderbuss…

Game 6 - Forgotten Riches Versus Happy Clappers (Cawdor) WIN
This was a face-off to claim the crown as the top Cawdor gang of the campaign. I won the challenge roll, yet again, (my luck has been ridiculous) and set about attacking for Happy Clappers' Collapsed Dome. It was a tactical affair with the Happy Clappers taking 2 crates straight away, but ceding the centre ground. I rushed forward, only taking the 1 crate, and held the centre ground steadfastly. Fighting ensued of course, but I kept the centre ground, taking multiple flesh wounds in the process - with a single doorway being opened and closed 4 times to much amusement/irritation. As with many tight games, it all hinged on 1 crucial turn and a priority roll...

On the crucial turn in question, the Happy Clappers seized the initiative and had a missile crossbow frag missile template over all 5 of the Emperor's Will. Only needed a 2+ to hit. But it missed! Scattered onto 2 fighters from each side, taking the 2 Happy Clappers down but having no effect on mine. Disaster for them, incredible luck for me (and I didn't even roll a dice). The rest of the turn involved my fighters recovering, causing another wound and putting them all on fire, then bravely shutting the door again. On the next round, with my 5 fighters all up and ready to charge in, the Happy Clappers had to concede or face multiple fighters taking injury rolls. Great game though, played in true Cawdor spirit - there was a LOT of fire!
I rolled a lot of income after this game - 320 in total. I already had 120 in the stash so I now had a sizeable balance. Still wasn't sure what to spend it on so did nothing and went straight to the next game...

Game 7 - Tunnel Skirmish, 6 gangs involved in 3 teams of 2 LOSS
Despite our recent rivalry I teamed up with the Happy Clappers to create a Cawdor alliance. Together we are strong! This may be a sign of where the campaign will be headed when we get to the narrative games. There was the 2 Cawdor gangs, versus an Orlock and Delaque team, and finally a Van Saar and Venator team. Each gang took 3 random gangers, and during the scenario each team operated as a single gang. It was a tense game with alliances formed between teams and swiftly broken. The Venators and Van Saar proved to be formidable with great tactical nous, holding the other teams at bay and arguably having the better of it, until Wallace used his blunderbuss to set 2 of them on fire. Unfortunately I then had to bail to rescue my children (childcare had departed) so took the loss, but lessons were learned... Gangers only fights are fun, with the inability to do group activations proving a real problem - opening a door for your pal to shoot through now becomes far riskier...
I again got decent income, bringing my stash to almost 700 creds. Obviously I will now purchase the stig-shambler with all the upgrades - I have a fully painted model for it afterall. Then i'll probably go for another ganger and a 5th champ with the all important meltagun... Or I could just arm the whole gang with armoured undersuits and carapace! Or handflamers! So much cash and so much choice!
Your ragged band of degenerates needs putting in their place, and the Dust Falls Dockers would be more than happy to oblige.

Elliot Smith

May 11, 2018
Tower Hill, London, UK
Hey Guys. Is it too late to join this campaign? I used to play Necromunda back in the day and I have played about 20 games of Underhive in a previous campaign(Bristol) so I can catch up quickly and I dont mind being a few creds behind as it will allow me to gain rep.

Alobar

Gang Hero
Hey Guys. Is it too late to join this campaign? I used to play Necromunda back in the day and I have played about 20 games of Underhive in a previous campaign(Bristol) so I can catch up quickly and I dont mind being a few creds behind as it will allow me to gain rep.
Hi Elliot
We're at the halfway point so probably too late to join this one. I'll ask the chaps though and see if we can squeeze another in. Where are you based?

We're already planning our next campaign that will feature a load more house rules as we've found dominion is just not good enough.

Reactions: MedMos and spafe

Elliot Smith

May 11, 2018
Tower Hill, London, UK
Hey Alobar

That is cool, give me message when the next cycle starts up. I have found a campaign just starting at Dark Sphere so I will check that out in the meantime. I am based just by Tower Bridge. I concur on the house rules as some of the interactions in Underhive are very clunky and require interpretation. I presume you have seen the reddit thread with the rules compendium as it is pretty active and much has been debated there, as well as the FAQ and yaktribe answered questions.

Many Thanks

Alobar

Gang Hero
The Hunt for the Beast

We used the Monster Hunt scenario rules for our midway narrative game. A few select gangs had to hunt down and kill the Beast. It had been causing havoc in one corner of the hive and needed to be destroyed. Little did we know what damage that would do...

5 gangs entered this contest:
The Emperor's Will - Cawdor
Voidsworn Technocracy - Van Saar
All Trade Jacks - Orlock
Dust Falls Dockers - Orlock
Forge Row Raiders - Goliath

All 5 gangs were strong, with ratings well over 2,000. We took 5 fighters each, averaging at around 340 creds per fighter. There were some pretty scary characters amongst that lot - an Ambot, my Stig, a rock drill armed goliath champ, etc. Things had the potential to get very tasty.

I was most wary of the Van Saar gang. They had all the armour and powerful ranged weapons. The player in charge of them is a necro veteran well versed in the art of sitting back and shooting, which is what his gang had excelled at to date. I needed allies for this game, as taking on the beast lairs on your own is not wise. The goliaths were my preference for an ally, as they are a very short range gang, like mine, so they'd have to get stuck in up close and personal - meaning they'd have to focus on the beasts and be less likely to turn traitor. I figured the other 3 gangs, with mostly ranged weapons, would offer an alliance and then shoot me in the back - so I knew I couldn't trust them.

I set up as close to the centre as I can - having made my goliath alliance (or so I thought) I was trying to keep others guessing. The careful glances they were making at eachother right from the start suggested that my efforts were worthless, and I would again suffer a betrayal. I felt like Jesus at the last supper (that's a tad blasphemic)...

My set up was poor and a fighter went down immediately to a predictable Van Saar shot (of course it was 2+ to hit, as usual). I was out of sight but the grav-gun template just got the edge of the base and the fighter predictably went down. Beast lairs went up all around my 2 stranded fighters. After the first round ended i was not in a great position, and with 1 fighter down, and my leader in a precarious position, I was urged to fight on (again the conspirators just wanted to kill my fighters knowing full well I was a sitting duck).

The goliath then used their stim slugs and overseer to charge my chain glaive champ, dodging the incendiary device I threw at him. Despite clearly taking great pleasure in his betrayal, he maintained throughout that he never meant to betray me. It is not becoming of a goliath player to so timidly turn traitor - this act will be remembered and avenged...

The van saar and goliath gangs got a large amount of Exp, with one of the Orlocks getting in on the action in the last turn, plus the victory by killing the Beast.

With my tail between my legs the Emperor's Will live on to fight another day - we will make an impact on this campaign, by hook or by crook...

With the Beast dead, Mutie is in despair. She unleashes terrible hive-quakes with her psychic powers, destroying 10 random territories - all the gangs are now a little bit poorer and must now decide if they will join the Mutie, or destroy her...

Meanwhile, on the next table, 4 more gangs took on Gaston, the murder cyborg bounty hunter, who was tracking the beast rather unssucessfully. This turned out to be a fun-filled and hilarious game with plenty of action. I wasn't involved so can't give detail, but note that one gang received 29 Exp!

We now have 2 tiers in this campaign - the first tier with gang ratings of 2200 to 2700, and the second tier with gang ratings of 1100 to 1800. How has this happened and how can the lower tier bridge the gap? Choice of scenarios, limited enemy fighters, etc, to win individual fights, but now there's not much income around, can they ever catch up? I suspect they can, but we shall see...