Necromunda My Miscellaneary

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Looking good! When I did mine I did trial fit them with the nose-down angle you've gone for, but since mine are also to be sump jetskis, I thought it prudent to set them up as an angle that would wash as little sumpfilth as possible over the riders. I also couldn't help but think that in flight the downwards angled upper surface would be trying to force the nose into the ground all the time... but most 40k aircraft are about as aerodynamic as a house brick, so that's nothing special in the setting :LOL:
I see these jetting around the Ash Wastes and in the hive proper, as opposed to the collapsed domes and wild style of the Underhive. You make a valid point but I am actually building a section of proper hive, near the vents and central shaft.

Reactions: Stoof

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
I look forward to seeing what you're planning with the weapons - are you thinking of bastardising the Eldar ones like I did, or going more Imperial?

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
I cleaned enough Eldar turrets of gems to use for the task, odds are good that I'll just do something similar to yours but I have a load of magnets so I think thats going to have to be integrated. Probably magnetize the base of the turrets and drop a magnet under a thin piece of plastic to hide it on the body.
P.S. if you aren't ordering your magnets for ebay, you're doing it wrong. All the producers are undercutting their distributors and selling them directly on there and aliexpress.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
ALSO, finished cleaning up the first Hellion hoverboard/jet/thing!
pT5ctUm.jpg

I may do more, like get rid of the weapon pods entirely, but I'm ok with the looks for now.

But.. I had a thought....
JUMP OGRYN!!!!
qRFtkwo.jpg

I have literally no use for this idea... but if you wanted to work up some backpacks for giants, there ya go.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
And in what is likely my last update for today.
One Delaque Spyker, at your service.
D7MFpI6WsAEUJXw.jpg

Cut off the hands at the cuffs so I could retain the more natural wrist transition then cut back the wrists just behind the cuff and removed the skulls (managed to save 3 but that are so tiny I may not be able to use them). And of course the head is just cut out and the neck trimmed a bit to fit.
ED - YUP! After seeing the image that big, I'm going to remove the snake head on the belt so it just looks like a bound skull.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Back to the hoverboard thing. While I was at work (they're awesome and let me work on minis or read in down time) I went ahead and removed the weapon pods completely.
FRLQzwu.jpg

fecCL3J.jpg

So, this is going to look kinda daunting if you want to repeat the task but it honestly isn't. The top of the wing is very easy to clean but you have to cut the front bar free first.
Here's what you do, get one of the thin chisel style xacto blades and place the angled side down on the wing and gently push (this works for soul gems and such, too) while ensuring that part of the blade rests on a clean section. This is will give you a base/template, so that you can maintain a particular level. From there just rock the blade left to right as you push, always taking note of the interaction with the clean plastic. If you get too close or begin to cut into the clean part, back out and change your angle (you can always remove a little extra material after the bulk is removed and heal any cuts with some plastic glue)

By the way, any ideas or comments on what to do with these would be great. I got the kit for the bodies but who knows what all it could be used for?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben_S

Stoof

Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
I think they'd make pretty sweet drones - stick a heavy stubber barrel where you've trimmed one of the weapon pods, and some kind of imperial style servo-skull camera array where you've trimmed the other, lose the pointy front bar completely and you've got yourself a swanky uphive security drone. Perhaps stick a ventral fin on so it's more clear that it isn't rideable (at least, not rideable without intense physical discomfort).

Capture.PNG

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Now thats a thoughtful plan. I was thinking about filling some of the cuts in the wings or cutting parts but I think I'll do both on this one and give your idea a shot. All the jagged parts make it a little too obvious, IMO.
ED- WOOP WOOP, I found a piece of sprue that fits in one of the holes in my off cuts bag, lets hope for another!

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Ok, update. Initial design on the uphive servo-drone. Thoughts?
6qNPBYv.jpg

8cAG8yq.jpg

The servoskull is pinned and only glued on its end for now so I can bend it to a nice angle and set up any other connections... plus paint (some day)
And you can see where I filled the holes and trimmed the front bits, I'll have to wait for everything to cure (because it drowned it in glue to get it proper melty) before I clean and smooth the wings.

Last edited:

Stoof

Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Cool :) Perhaps it needs something that looks like a support for the skull, or the skull to have its back trimmed slightly so that it fits snugly against the machine body. I quite like the cables dangling from under it - perhaps it uses them to dock at whatever strange recharge station/home base it uses.

Reactions: sump dweller

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
I completely agree. I want some kind of armature or mount but I do like the spot.
As for BFG.. I haven't even completed the single player PC game so I don't see myself going that route.
And since I'm on the topic, I got another one assembled and cleaned of anything Eldary
q5gTHUW.jpg

As you can see, I left the last bit of brush guard/handle. This one is just a little too sleek and bad (also kinda Necrony) to be a drone so I'll figure something out down the line.
FeSbyFR.jpg

As always, I welcome any thoughts, criticisms or ideas.

Reactions: Stoof

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
turn it around so it has back-swept wings? that way it’s more of a flying V than a flying A (and everyone knows Flying V’s are Very Metal)

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
turn it around so it has back-swept wings? that way it’s more of a flying V than a flying A (and everyone knows Flying V’s are Very Metal)
They aren't made in a way that you can do that. And I'm with you on the metal aspect, Randy Rhodes would approve. I just don't have a use for these now.
I feel like I want to make a bike out of them but I'm at a loss.. anyway, other stuff to work on. I might make a pass at something bar related for the current comp.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Ok, came up with a... cage/iron halo thing for the drone. I used 2 of the off cut wingtips from the Eldar bikes (they still need a trim to fit the skull perfectly) and trimmed up the halo I cut from the skull initially. I think I'll run some kind of cable to the skull when it's all said and done but that seems sturdy enough, visually.
SEfqDsy.jpg

HQlY2a0.jpg

Thoughts?

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
NEW STUFF!!
And this could be useful to others, as well.
So, the Hellion legs are indeed a perfect fit for conversion to Atalan legs.
LQO66We.jpg

And now I have some extra feet too...?
Anyway, you can see what I've done, I had to bend the thighs and ankles in a little and I had to trim a little higher on the shin for that particular boot (Maelstroms Edge Broken faction). But the scale is easily matched. So this is an easy conversion for anyone needing to do Escher bikers. And just FYI, any boots in a slightly splayed or neutral stance will work fine.
REMEMBER - always trim away from your final end, leave enough material to screw up

Reactions: sump dweller

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
I do too. I though about trying something different but then I remembered how insane and gloriously inept the Imperium can be.. and it fits. I'm already ruining the symmetry of this perfect thing by doing the skull on one side and the weapon on the other, so why not?
By the by, it is at the angle of the wing horizontally, so it does actually align with a plane somewhere.