Necromunda My Miscellaneary

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Making Eldar or Dark Eldar legs fit for Imperial uses.
So I never actually went into any depth on this process and I'm not really going to detail the removal of the poleyn flourish (knee thing) because you need to know how to either sculpt, carve or both.
The first picture is bad but it doesn't matter, just setting the scene. And if you want to try my work on the knee, here's a brief - Use a thin chisel blade to cut in the flat the match the inside of the knee, go to the depth of the lower layer of leg armor. Then break out a pointed blade cut to depth and carve away excess
LF0zmz5.jpg

Ok, cut in at the sole of the show to where a toe would normally end then cut in from the top of the shoe (not parallel to the heel but at a slight angle just like your foot)
SEmdVkY.jpg

After this, trim the extra sole from the front of the boot/shoe, keeping in mind the angle of the toe.
V1j5G09.jpg

Clean things up however you like (I use a dullish blade to scrape it into shape) and then hit it with thin model glue to clean it up
yDu4SOh.jpg

I wasn't able to save the spur when I was trimming that leg, despite my best efforts. And I think I'll trim the other one as well, possibly the ankle bracelets as well.
And that's most of what I've been doing the past few days (cleaning up DE bits, my Kal and Scabbs box and my Ambot box).
Any questions or comments are always welcome.

Reactions: Kommissar Shriken

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Also, placed an order with Puppetswar for their cultist heads, both styles of not-Enforcer and some other stuff. I'll llet you know about the fit for Cawdor soon and Enforcers... in August, I guess?
Noteworthy though, their heads are a little more marine scaled as opposed to guard size so I think they may be a better fit than the Madrobot solution (much as I hate to say that)... and I'm still waiting for more good characters for my Underhive.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Miniature Market order arrived. Got some Malifaux Witchlings and they are the perfect scale to be regular humans, the big swords are easily replaced and the pistol is pretty good.
Now then... GUILDER TRANSPORT!!!
C2Rx8e8.jpg

7 freakin dollars?!!
Of course I got 2, and a mech thing and 2 tracked trucks all for $40 US
The gun and the hatch are both press fit and the whole this will need some work to be adequately clean and straight to my tastes but for the price, I would be a fool to pass it up.
Anyway, I felt like this was a great fit for that specific vehicle because that one is kinda slow and this has a fair bit of room for the riders.
If anyone has any ideas on how to proceed wit this, let me know. Also, came with people and extra guns, win win!

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Ok, after much scouring, I found all but the Squat and other GSC sprue from Rogue Trader... and heavy weapons but those were pretty terrible.
Point 1 EFFING CHRIST! I forgot how bad mold shifts could be in the old days (I got lucky, I've had parts before that were unusable). I spent 30 minutes cleaning these tiny sprues up and they still need a little work.
EP6VSHQ.jpg

Having said that, these bolters are gonna be great for Goliaths.
These will be going into my "blueprint" library for use down the line. I may fix the handles with something more modern (actually a gun handle, trigger, etc) but considering they will be in hand more likely than holstered or slung, I'll probably just skip it for these.
If anyone needs any scale shots, let me know. I'm not taking these off the sprue yet but I can pair them up with any Necro model ya like.
Ed- yes, I have got the old Spare Marine sprue and the Metal Necro guns from back when, too

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
I want that hand weapons sprue... thanks for reminding me. And you're right, I don't know the specifics of the early stuff.
Someone was asking about Goliath bolters not long ago and I said ork ones. These are just what I meant.
My thoughts exactly. These are all proper big. I'll get some pictures next to modern counterparts later so anyone can compare.

Reactions: Ben_S

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Here we go. Not at all what I talked about earlier today, this is an idea from a few days ago.
The mutie squad for the new hazard and for other future use as well.. there's bound to be more scabbies and muties of all types.
D8p-dtCXYA8L7YT.jpg

There were some serious mold lines, boys... it was treacherous. Those heads are gonna be a walk in the park.
ED - Thoughts? @Howie

Last edited:

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Ok, something useful for everyone while I wait for the Devolver E3 conference.
The size comparison for the 2nd ed and Rogue Trader bits, here ya go!
Luvyk2K.jpg

And I got 2 of my short dudes headed. Got quit a bit of the "Oi, you!" to them.
fXX4bws.jpg

They'll need some further work but they're whole things now.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
The mutie boyz are assembled!
Had to trim the neck on both bits and the Scion head was a REAL pain, the rest were easy, I just trimmed to the base of the skull and cut away a similar shape in the base neck.
D8wM5rzXkAMQq2o.jpg

There will be some weapon swaps and maybe some gear but they're all together and as posed as single piece minis can be.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Been working on cleaning stuff and removing DE bits from their sprues most of the week. Aside from family stuff today, I "finished" some crates.
HfJ23HX.jpg

Simple enough, right? Just cut them out and clean the mold line...
If you know anything about me, you'll know I was bound to find a problem with this.
Honestly, they're pretty much fine but all the crates seem wrong to me.. I feel weird about being able to literally move a board piece by blowing on it.

So, I fixed it!
0vcXk1o.jpg

Sprue to the rescue! These feel SO much better in your hand with a little weight. And from a legitimate gaming standpoint, they're harder to move accidentally.
And thats pretty much it. I did get Kal Jericho mostly assembled and free of lines, Stubbs is a little more difficult but I think both can be fully asembled and still be able to be painted. Some odd gaps in Stubbs but some thoughtful glue work or greenstuff will solve the problem.
BTW, there are more but clipping sprues and gluing them is freakin tedious, I want to do something more exciting.