Necromunda My Miscellaneary

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Ok, got my Puppetswar order in and FIRST THINGS FIRST, orders NOW only come with 5 heads so the price has gone up a fair bit. So bear that in mind when ordering (they have a discount for more than 1 thankfully).
Alright, here we go. Got some beret heads (a few were too badly cast to use but their service is good so I'm sure it'll get fixed), some technical and oldschool style Dredd helmets for the upcoming Enforcers. As well as some cultist heads (they're more current scale so just a touch bigger than old plastics) and some cyborg heads (because you can never have enough cyber parts)
pcjvZeZ.jpg

And I got a set of these to use for.. whatever.
And one specifically to use to try and make the wingsuit Van Saar (I would try a Yeld but I already have Scourge parts modded and set aside for a male and female). this is meant to slot onto a marine back and comes a bit up and over the shoulders but should be easily worked.
B2dFsyJ.jpg

Ok, just did a dry fit and this is spooky! It fits perfectly, the place where the stub goes in meets up with the top of the small backpack thing on a Van Saar torso and with the odd contour it actually fits at the right place and follows the line of the back. Talk about your happy coincidences, These were designed and made before Primaris were even a thing!

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
And since I'm on the topic, here's an update of the heads box.
First the miscellaneous side, aftermarket Cawdor and Enforcer, some Frostgrave, some Statuesque, some Maelstroms edge and various extra bits
1uLgSFZ.jpg

Next the properly divided heads. All the gangs plus specific styles of alt/aftermarket heads.
YwOQPrK.jpg

If anyone has any questions, ask away!

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Look at all those glorious heads! Jealous! What do you recomend for a sinister looking robot head? :unsure:
2 questions, what base body and how roboty? Do you mean cyborg, ramshackle, steampunk, or gothic... or Inifinty super futuristic?
Also by sinister do you mean cartoon sinister or like actually evil?

sump dweller

Mr Fancy Pants
Honored Tribesman
Sep 6, 2014
County Kerry - Ireland
@Draconic - I have spare heads from the guy with the hook and the guy with the rotary cutter if you want them. Feel free to PM me.

Reactions: Draconic

Gdolkin

Gang Hero
Jun 25, 2017
Nottingham
I've used the Gellerpox head that looks like a laughing Necron with a mohawk as a headswap for the Noise Marine, transferring the NM's glorious mane to the robot skull in place of the basic mohawk, which is nice.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Felinid rogue doc (Infinity Daktari), some sort of mutant rat-thing and a very serious business shorty (Arkham Horror).
WY5iBBP.jpg

Nice to have something prepainted but the flashing on the rat-thing is pretty bad and the short guy has a big mold line across his head so they'll need some work.
Also threw in a WGF greatcoat for scale (they're proper 28mm)

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Now then... GUILDER TRANSPORT!!!
View attachment 88254
So this is where it began and with the newest Yak Comp being literally perfect for this I've begun the cleanup process. I think I'll get rid of the barrel brace too but everything else that needs to be gone or reworked is off. I'll be modelling the ramp in the up position and likely magnetize or make a peg mount for some optional guns. I don't think the mount or gun in the back will be returning. I've already filled most of the gaps and I cleaned up the guns (not pictured) for future use. There are still a few bad mold lines on some of the cables but I think I can reach all of them one way or the other.
B1kDs98.jpg

Reactions: Ben_S and Gdolkin

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Ok, progress to now. And for anyone planning on using DUST stuff, looks like their small arms mounts are the same size peg as GW, lucky lucky.
kPvApoT.jpg

As you can see, I put in a placeholder autogun both to check size (freakin huge) and fit (good somehow). The ramp/stair is done aside from drilling holes for pins so it can move. You can see the tabs I've made to pivot from the body side and the rear plate to attach them slots perfectly into the recess (I'll trim the excess when it comes time to attach, for now it keeps things square). I have to replicate those 2 hydraulics but I actually have to make them work... ugh.
But, all said, the base vehicle is a complete thing and the bed is in nicely. I filed the base bed smoothish and used my razor saw to cut a notch in the side ribs then cut the corner tabs of the diamond plate and trimmed all the diamond from the edges and slid it in, poured in a little thin model glue and clamped it for a few minutes.
Any suggestions, critiques or ideas are welcome.
Oh, I think I'm going to try and recycle as much of the hydraulics as I can because the geometry is good and I'm theoretically lazy.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
The best part of Dust are its vehicles. The minis look good, but I feel like the plastic they used is too soft. Vehicle plastic is right on.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
The best part of Dust are its vehicles. The minis look good, but I feel like the plastic they used is too soft. Vehicle plastic is right on.
I haven't gotten any of the figures but I imagine they use the same PVC that Tannhauser and others do for 1-piece molds. The Arkham Horror stuff is made of that too, it's like all the worst parts of metal mixed with the worst parts of plastic and made rubbery for no good reason.
All the vehicles I have (aside from being primered/base coated) are a normal styrene plastic, even if the assembly and mold lines/sprue stubs are poorly handled.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
I preordered the new BSF stuff and being honest, the new commissar is completely uninspired. The ogryn is ok but I bought a box for conversion and I have 2 Warhammer ogors for the same purpose. So I ordered the boxed commissar to convert because he has the necessary weapons and I've put together some bits I like for my version of the chaos ogryn (going with an ogor as the base with 40k bits and I still need to pick a left hand) as well as ordering part of a possessed sprue for some finishing bits.
Plan on selling on the BSF stuff as well as the load of 40k chaos stuff I have. Hope to make back a fair chunk of what I've spent on GW lately.
I'll post up some pictures when it's worth doing, aside from that, Ambull is dry-fit and the Ambots are in partial sub-assembly state.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Not exactly progress on any mini project but this is a total game changer for me.
rvKolZl.jpg

And I have one more set of shelving on the way to finally have space for everything.
Yes, in fact I did buy 2 Killteam sets and sold off almost everything just for the terrain and a few minis (very nearly paid for itself and I got some sturdy boxes), same for tooth and claw. I am actually building a complete Blackstone set, however, sold off the new chaos bits to make my own ogryn and commissar (going to cover more than half the new set cost).
Also ordered another box of Ambots and Kal and Scabbs.. just in time to order the Enforcers when they come out next month, ugh.
I couldn't have picked a better time to get tired of 40k, I would never have finished my Blood Angels.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Ok, I'm not going to post this up to the comp thread yet but it's basically done. I just need to add some stuff to make it fit whatever scenario.. but that's why I made a ton of crates, barrels and the like!
So, here we go! What I accomplished vs what I started with.
ckDTTNR.jpg

SLyWhqH.jpg

90mFXJ9.jpg

I realize everything is fairly subtle but there was quite a bit of work here.
There will be a little more done I think but I actually set out and essentially completed the project in time. That's a bit of a first for this cat, I'm a little pleased with myself.

Make the stair function and clean the whole thing up, it'll be easy work... this has been one of the toughest builds I have ever done and I started with a completely assembled model!
Glad to have any suggestions to make it a little more Necromunda specific.