Necromunda My Miscellaneary

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
Congrats, looks amazing. :)

Glad to have any suggestions to make it a little more Necromunda specific.
Not necro specific, but post-apoc, maybe add some gubbins along the edges like satchels and ropes to make it have a “lived in” feel?

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Congrats, looks amazing. Not necro specific, but post-apoc, maybe add some gubbins along the edges like satchels and ropes to make it have a “lived in” feel?
Good call. I want to keep it generic (so I can use it for other stuff down the road) but there is a lot of free space I can work with. I'll have a dig through my bling and vehicle bits.
ALSO... I got a thing from a new friend!
EAhfRTTW4AAasNj.jpg

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Here he is completely. It was a pretty easy job to put him together. Quality is on par with Forgeworld. I had to fill just a touch at the joins and the right hand thumb.
EAiJtajXYAAYGi4.jpg
EAiJuxrXsAQqd8k.jpg

Skeleton Head Toys, I know him from Twitter @SkeletonHeadToy
I really like the resin used, it's some of the most compliant I've worked with. I was able to use my modified 11 Xacto for the whole thing.
And he seems like a nice guy so go follow him if you use Twitter.
ED- GW gets enough of my money, it's nice to support independent creators

Last edited:

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
I put up the final picture of my Yakcomp entry in the main thread but I'll throw a HD one here.
q7J1j9p.jpg

Yes, of course I added a skull on the front.. it wouldn't be 40k without at least 1!

That said, Kromlech is great. I recently got some more of their hive scenery stuff (benches and newsboards) as well as something to finish my Spyrer Matriarch (yes, I know Zinge makes an actual chainscythe but this is a pretty good stand in).
SqTZSmz.jpg

And they sent along something neat as usual, in this case a plas/bolter and a TSons head.
I had a head picked out for her but even with the work I've done I don't care for it. So I think I'll pick one from the now sizable pile of female heads and work up a hood for the camo cloak thing.

Last edited:

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
I am quickly running out of excuses.
EBjKCOyWwAEYSRl.jpg

That big W&N sale at Jackson finally got me a set of mini brushes that arrived today and the local store also called to let me know the new stuff is in (except for the web orders, grrr).
I'll have to get to testing things out this weekend, wish me luck.

Reactions: Draconic

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Something helpful for Enforcers.
EB5nIKbXoAATh6b.jpg

Puppetswar- old Dredd style, new and beret
Frostgrave - barbarian
The old head is a great fit, as is the beret head, the new style is a little thicker on the neck but includes some neck armor so it works.
The Frostgrave is a little small so sits just a touch low.
All I did was cut out all of the neck and leave a dished hole for these to seat.
Also, the scale on the head and the bare Enforcer head is spot on for modern 3rd party and GW bits.
Any questions, feel free to ask.
P.S. this method leaves a nice area to pose the head however you like if it has a classic mount.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
I have everything besides a bolt thrower, so I'll be working on one of those soon but I want to wrap up as much of the xenos section of the trading post as I can.
So I'm about halfway there and I have a Reaper necromancer staff that would work for the Slaught staff.
ECMMX7YXkAAEKtD.jpg

So, I've got the Kroot rifles- not all that hard to remove the hands from these as they have distinct lines and triggers as well as only 4 fingers
The sling guns and flayers are lucky left-overs from the Harlequin troop I bought for fancy/noble bodies.
ECMMZfjWsAAMj9i.jpg

I'm fairly sure these are from Empire gunners, I got the kits for conversions years ago. I'm showing off the better side because these both still need some work. The right had 6 deep cuts into the stock from the sprue and the right had a hand so is has been a bit of a chore getting them clean. From here, I need to figure out what I'll use as a "plasma lock" so these will work as the Hrud Fusil, likely also do a little more with the stocks.

And since I remembered having them, I dug out my riot shields from some modern setting I bought a bunch of minis for ages ago. The scale is great so I cleaned all of them up (8) and that should would nicely for any subjugators
8QVqeq1.jpg

I found it, it was the Street Violence set https://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collections/street-violence

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Ok, 2 Hrud Fusils.. maybe done?
ECQz2e2WwAE3ayL.jpg

I'm likely going to turn that sword thing into a sling. But aside from that, let me know if you see anything or have any ideas how I could improve these. I feel like it needs something but the concept art is pretty damn sparse and plain.
ED- looks like you can't really see the small coil on the top one. I'll try and get a better pic later.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
i dunno man. i dig ‘em as is. i agree about turning the sword into a sling. the dangly sword looks odd and kinda limits how you’ll use it on a model (although you could always reposition to reflect movement or lack of movement). i like how they look the same until you look closer and notice the stock details and the different grips.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Ok, kept it simple.. may do more later but as @Punktaku says, simple works.
I'll call this one done.
ECT0aK-X4AArpEP.jpg

Used the front strap from a guardsman with a shoulder-slung lasrifle and cut some plastic to finish. I was able to retain the buckle and hinge so it all meshes pretty well.
Some of the stuff I'm making will require a silicon case, to snugly fit on both sides and protect the small details.. and for no other purpose...

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
One built and ready (minus sword) one built clean detail and ready for conversion.
5A78xT0.jpg

This took longer than I expected, I had to fill a divot and the edge on the left lapel and the coat itself under the right. As for the area with the hair... don't try it unless you are either a sculptor or experienced at carving. The hands weren't too bad, I just went in at an angle to the cuff until I could bent the hands a little and get deeper in for more little cuts. From here, figure out a head (psyker maybe?) and maybe magnetize some hands.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Oh hey, I forgot to post this earlier when I was posting Enforcer stuff.
This is the basic visor mod for anyone curious how it will look.
eDXmAlh.jpg

Odds are I'll be using Puppetswar heads, the one uncovered head and other uncovered heads for my guys.

Reactions: trollmeat
Jan 10, 2019
If there's still scope to, I would raise her head up a little - it looks a bit sunk into the armour (even accounting for armour, it looks like her face is below the line of her shoulders).

But it's looking good!

Reactions: Ardavion

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Oh, it's still on the sprue, I just trimmed it down. I have to prep a neck/collar to fit the head. But thats actually close to where they sit with the collar piece.

Jan 10, 2019
Ah ok (hate to comment on something already fixed!) - only point is that head probably needs to start above bottom line of shoulders, which I don't think it quite does currently.

The armour looks absolutely fine with a female head, doesn't it?!

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
It's a little big but believably so when I trimmed the belt a little and went with a little smaller legs. And you have to remember, the shoulder line is actually 2-3mm below the top of the armor. It's almost as big as marine shoulder pads.

P.S. If you got some of Statuesque's female marine style heads you could just use them directly because they look like muscle girls.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
I got these guys cleaned and prepped during work yesterday. I may cut and magnetize the melee weapons too.
zFOqa97.jpg

That guy on the right was tougher than I expected but I kept the necklace intact and I got 2 autopistols to add to the armoury.
And as I was saying in the chat, I think there are 20 different chaos cultist minis in production currently minus the commissar.
I backed a demon kickstarter thats already delivered some stuff that would EASILY work as a chaos spawn so I'm covered there. I got the renegade psyker pack from FW so I have Oortrum and I can use the other as the cult witch. And since I'm also collecting Blackstone I have all the cultists now. That game being what it is, it doesn't really matter how the actual minis are equipped since they're essentially proxies so I don't feel like I need more of them.
And I have the Frostgrave and Maelstrom's Edge stuff if I need to make more. The all seem to use that same small chaos wheel even in the new ones so it would be quite simple to tie them together aesthetically.
Thoughts?

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
dooo eeeet!!!

3 comments

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Ok, it is the only gang I don't have. The thing is, I have SO many autoguns now, turning those to lasguns isn't too hard but with all the weapon diversity I'm at a bit of a loss.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
isn’t the diversity a bonus with s chaos cult? i wouldn’t be bothered trying to make them all look like the same lasgun. or is it more trying to represent all the different types of weapons?

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
My issue with these guys is figuring out a way to make the less standard shaped weapons work. An autogun can be changed to a lasgun without too much work but bolters and beyond start having odd shapes and profiles.