Necromunda My Miscellaneary

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
In other news, set the head height and final look of my female Enforcer, Corrin.
EDZoKAvWsAEAVDF.jpg

The Maelstrom's Edge broken clothes can be a little tattered so I had to patch a small hole. We don't want our recruits putting out a bad image after all.
This is as far as it goes for now, I have the arms from the other picture so she can be equipped however, when the time comes.
All said, I think I might have trimmed the waist for a little bit better proportion but it works since these guys are supposed to have armored undersuits too.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Well, I did it. This is all with a number 1 Chinesium brush. Contrast and Vallejo. Took me about 2.25 hours
I don't think I can do better at this time but I'm not upset.
EDmOqdKWsAA587b.jpg

Glad for any C&C, thanks for looking.

sump dweller

Mr Fancy Pants
Honored Tribesman
Sep 6, 2014
County Kerry - Ireland
The enforcer's torso looks too tall for the legs - do you think you could cut the belt off of the torso, and carve the wrinkled fabric down a bit to make it look like it is tucked in to the belt that is part of the legs?

Nice work on the Wyrd!

Reactions: Punktaku

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
The enforcer's torso looks too tall for the legs - do you think you could cut the belt off of the torso, and carve the wrinkled fabric down a bit to make it look like it is tucked in to the belt that is part of the legs?

Nice work on the Wyrd!
Thanks and I kinda feel the same, the torso seems a little tall and the belt is the biggest culprit. I did thin it but now that I have confirmation, I'll cut it apart and try the waist again.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Update to Enforcer Corrin. Thanks @sump dweller
EDor6w5W4AAToNE.jpg

I've centered the torso and the top is just a little thicker than I'd like but I really can't thin it any more. There is the armored undersuit so it isn't that bad, I would just like a more seamless fit.. whacha gonna do.

sump dweller

Mr Fancy Pants
Honored Tribesman
Sep 6, 2014
County Kerry - Ireland
I think that the torso still looks too tall. Do you think you could adjust the neck/joint so that her head is lower inside the shoulder armour? (The armour could be a one size fits all item, and she might be a bit on the small side for it!)

1 comments

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
That's exactly what I'm going for. Precisely why I went with a smaller scale head and legs. I'll see if I can sink the neck in a little farther. I should be able to just trim the base of the collar.

Reactions: sump dweller

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
It's far from finished but the parts you painted look good!
The shins and forearm are both a silvery white that apparently doesn't photograph well. I used a mix of regular Vallejo silver metal and Model Air silver.

Reactions: Paupoi

Paupoi

Gang Champion
Jul 6, 2013
Barcelona, Sabadell
In that case my favorite part is the skull and the face of the mini.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Thanks. As I get better I might revisit him. I wanted to start painting again on metal because I know I can just strip it and try again without damaging anything. I'l going to try a few more metal figures before I get into the stuff I intend to use.
And then I'll finish the Wyrd in my profile

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
What are your thoughts on Contrast paints then?
They are freakin magic!
There is plenty they can't do and touch-up is one of those things.
But for a one and done coat it does amazing skin, leather and cloth
I got the Darkoath flesh and just thinned it with the contrast medium. It was able to lighten up quite well. It blends well among itself but I need a lot more practice before I can make use of the tools I have.
But I feel like I can actually make something passable in a fair amount of time right now and that's a huge jump from where I was even 2 days ago.

Reactions: Ben_S

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
And back to weapons because I don't really stick to one thing at a time.
o85tv50amal31.jpg

I have a grav cannon and backpack I need to mod but with that, I'll have at least 1 of every heavy weapon and at least 1 of every Imperial weapon listed so far.
Also, question, C&C always welcome.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
I've been working on Enforcer Corrin Vader (lets see who gets that joke) but the picture is crap and the neck wasn't sitting right so I'll just take another when she's further along. Also got all the upper torsos together if not cleaned up (seams are annoying but with smart glue use and proper cleanup they disappear)
Now these boys were a handful but are mostly done.
EEkPEmUX4AADkVn.jpg

The guy on the left needs work to finish the cowl but everything else is done. Next is done just need to mount a magnet and maybe do the same for the other hand (middle guy too)
mk6aaKi.jpg

Detail on the back left guys (haven't glued in the right guy's arm, since it slots so nicely I'll wait till the under is painted) the fitment is perfect for any standard weapon and I managed to save the autogun. For the left, I'm thinking I'll either do some bionics or magnetize where the arm would slot in after i finish the cowl (you can also see where I carved out the inside of the coat and back of the forearm).
JpnmZlR.jpg

The front guy I filled the belly hole and cleaned it off the gun, he could go together as-is but I'm tempted to figure out a more modular solution (that front grip is super weird and I don't think I can make it work with any other weapon). I could magnetize the right hand and left elbow and retain the gun in that weird grip from there I would need some forearms but the tied off rag thing makes just about anything work, I'm open to suggestions.
I got a mixed lot of cultists off ebay and managed to get some DV guys (the armless one and these in the back) I've cleared all the undercuts on the backpack, tank, hose and left forearm on both so they're as far along as they can be until I figure out arms and hands for them. As for the rest, I got the champion without the claw arm and the flamer butcher guy as well as 1 other so I think that makes 26 unique cultist figures, should be plenty for a fully fleshed out gang (not counting doubles)
Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated as these easy to build guys are kinda troublesome.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Ok, all done with this one. Needs an arm but that's trivial at this point (I have one set in front but I really want to go cybernetic)
EEoXzBAXsAE4P2j.jpg

You can mostly see the folds I carved in but they all follow the remainder of the lines/folds on the cowl, I'm pleased with how it came out.
I have a few other doubles due the the lot buy so I think I'll just do this for all of those to make my life a little easier.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Been up to a bunch of stuff, a fair bit mundane (cleaning minis, stripping paint, assembling Enforcer torsos, prepping my aunt's house for sale, etc) but I did get some stuff from the miniature Market sale that should be well set for Necromunda and a few other bits of note. I'll post up some pictures later but I wanted to post this as a reminder to myself to do so more than anything else.
But real quick...
num34oy.jpg

Enforcer Corrin is not tall

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Ok, first up, Warmachine stuff
EFFvdRNXoAALW7G.jpg

So I bought the Carrion Thralls and I think they could work for Sheen Birds or the new xenos bird. I'll likely go for the latter because I got the birds out of the Endless sprue (plus, anyone can get one of those not just Cawdor)
That guy looked quite silly when I began but just removing all the giant rivets made a similarly giant impact. I think he'll make a good street chemist/pharmacist for scenery if nothing else. Has a dagger on the back that I'll just replace with a holster and a ridiculous backpack that I think I'll replace with an AdMech piece.
Also got 2 Dust robots because they were crazy cheap, a bit bulkier than the guy from BSF but they would make a fine proxy.
Beyond that, I have a decent selection of Chaos cultists and a few doubles and triples so a gang is easily doable now. I'll take some pictures when there's more worth posting. The grav cannon and gun are nearly ready so I'll post those soon too. And I have one of the Raging Heroes Jailbirds ready for magnetizing so more pictures there (the cut on the gun is weird so I might have to make some custom for her grip).
Everything is basically in process right now and makes for super boring pictures.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
So I'm going to start typing out an update and if I need to take some pictures I will. But everything is super boring. I assembled about 80% of my Delaque torsos (the rest are in subassemblies to be converted or kitbashed), assembled and cleaned 2 boxes of Enforcer torsos (still have to cut and clean the last few arms, just in time for a giant update...), got a box of the BSF cultists to round out my DV and pushfit cultists.
Got my Rampart cathedral, Colony 87, Skeleton Head Toys, Heresy Girls 2.0 and Galaxy lords Kickstarters in too plus I got a box of the Warmachine thralls on sale for a sweet uphive doctor and some more servitors (these things have been a NIGHTMARE to clean, they have prominent mold lines everywhere and in terrible places, I've been working on them on and off for 2 weeks and I'm almost done).
So yeah, no pictures necessary because this is all very unexciting but with so much done I will take some of something worth looking at soon.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Wealth beyond an underhivers dreams!
Look at this giant bag of Guilder creds and sump diamonds! And that other shiny stuff...
NpDfvDo.jpg

I've found a repository of amazing resources for the enterprising hobbyist, nail art stuff!
I've got some waterslide transfers on the way that might make solid tattoos as well as a few in animal print and laser-animal print (it is so ridiculous, just wait!) that I'm going to use for at least my Eschers and maybe others depending on results.
Beyond that, I got some stuff from Dreamforge since they're clearing out the warehouse for crazy cheap. I don't know when a ganger would encounter an archeotech or modern titan but by the Emperor, I'm prepared (after I build the freakin giant things).
And for status - 2 boxes of Dark Uprising on the way from a particular island in the Atlantic from a shop that I darn't name (to be parted out to some degree or another to offset cost), 1 set of BSF cultists mostly assembled (the grenade, pistol and chainsword will be easiest to modularize and the autogun can be fairly easily made into a bolter or lasgun), finished cleaning and subassembling all my Enforcers (just in time, ugh), 3d printer arrived from kickstarter, found another player and I finally started rehab for my damn shoulder (injured that thing months ago, it has been a trial getting it healed).
So, wish me luck and throw any comments or questions my way.
P.S. nail art stuff is ridiculously cheap and cheaper still if you get it from china

Nuttowntau

Ganger
Nov 12, 2013
The Hague, Netherlands
Two underhive boxes and a pair of titans? Christmas must've come early.

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
You forgot the 3d printer! I must hide my face in shame...
They're still up till the end of the month, 25 dollars a piece at https://dreamforge-games.com
And I'm actually planning on parting out the entirety of one box and 90% of the terrain from the box I'll keep, I would feel hideously guilty spending that much on my hobby at one time if I couldn;t at least recoup some of it.

1 comments

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Small update.
Got one the grenade launcher cultists from BSF cleaned up and fully prepped for gang usage (and BSF too but those are all cookie cutter). I may try and carve in a little more detail to the palm but I think it's ok aside from needing to round the inside of the fingertips a little more.
EJ68Jp4WsAE8oij.jpg

Sorry for the quality, that was the best of 7 photos. My camera just doesn't cooperate some times.