N17 blog thread

andrewedwardbrown

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Oct 16, 2012
Hemel Hempstead, England.
Evening everyone,

With a new version of Necromunda that I'll be playing with @spafe I've decided to follow suit and have a blog thread of the happenings and modeling as we go through.

First up a Van Saar test model and some laser etched acrylic Imperial Credits that we will be using in the campaign.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
I'll be playing with Losing to @spafe
Fix'd that for ya mate ;)

I see what you mean now about those spot colours on the bearded one, really make the chap look less 'samey' with all the green.

Seriously stoked to start using the creds, it's little things like this that really give t an extra dimension. Hopefully Rick can dig out those multiplayer bribery rules too! And kudos on getting the 'like' from Andy H!

(does this mean once we kick off the campaign you'll be doing some bat reps to bud? :p)

andrewedwardbrown

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Oct 16, 2012
Fix'd that for ya mate ;)

I see what you mean now about those spot colours on the bearded one, really make the chap look less 'samey' with all the green.

Seriously stoked to start using the creds, it's little things like this that really give t an extra dimension. Hopefully Rick can dig out those multiplayer bribery rules too! And kudos on getting the 'like' from Andy H!

(does this mean once we kick off the campaign you'll be doing some bat reps to bud? :p)

Yup - i need to contribute to the Bat-Rep's as well!

Yeah the cabling, the chest segmented plates and a few other bit's did lift the model a little bit. It was looking a tad dull.

The credit's seem to meet with approval so i need to order enough acrylic to do them in quantity and then churn some out!

And hey - i've never said i was actually any good at gaming.....love it for sure. But winning? Come on now.

Reactions: spafe

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Oh, and summoning @DarkNwss ... this is why you need to come down soon dude! credits! real life credits! That's the style you know you want! :p

DarkNwss

Ganger
Aug 21, 2016
Reading, UK
Oh, and summoning @DarkNwss ... this is why you need to come down soon dude! credits! real life credits! That's the style you know you want! :p
Those look amazing! Hell yeah, so long as the stars align I look forward to it :D
My magnets came through before went on holiday so at some point when I'm back my Goliaths (and possibly my better half's Escher) will be magnetised and ready to rock! No paint though that will take me quite some time (you have no idea...)

andrewedwardbrown

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Oct 16, 2012

Added a Rogue Doc to my gang so thought i would dig this guy out and chop him up a bit!

Also finished the gang...

Not the best paintjob in the world but a finished mediocre one is better than an unfinished good one!

andrewedwardbrown

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Oct 16, 2012
Evening everyone,

Just adding a few pictures of the bits and bobs that i've been painting. Finished a quick job on these servitors/wolf thralls for our Rise of the Servitors game at the end of our campaign.

The wolf skull ones are rip-offs of the Dan Abnett Horus Heresy Space Wolf books which i absolutely loved so decided to give it a shot myself to accompany my Iron Priest. Cheers!

Dec 6, 2016
Nottingham

Added a Rogue Doc to my gang so thought i would dig this guy out and chop him up a bit!

Also finished the gang...

Not the best paintjob in the world but a finished mediocre one is better than an unfinished good one!
They're nice, and do the job. One thing I will say is that you could maybe do a different colour on the eye lenses for the helmeted gang members.

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

andrewedwardbrown

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Oct 16, 2012
They're nice, and do the job. One thing I will say is that you could maybe do a different colour on the eye lenses for the helmeted gang members.
Yeah man that is a fair point to be honest. Makes sense that the lenses would do different things - different wavelengths of light etc.

On that note, added the painted Juve. Looking FABULOUS. I'm really not sure of some of the poses of the models but hey ho.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
they do look like they're strutting down a runway, don't they?

or in the middle of doing Frank N Furter's "strut kick strut kick"

edit: that's a great paint job. the orange "pop" color works really well.

Reactions: andrewedwardbrown

andrewedwardbrown

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Oct 16, 2012
they do look like they're strutting down a runway, don't they?

or in the middle of doing Frank N Furter's "strut kick strut kick"

edit: that's a great paint job. the orange "pop" color works really well.
Cheers dude, i tried to keep it simple enough that it wouldn't kill me to paint it but with enough detail to make me not regret being lazy.

GSC for next campaign's gang!

Reactions: spafe

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Looks great. I'm with you on some of the posing but I've been considering a solution, I think you could attach the legs and cut back to them from the groin in a v shape and cut the top at the lower back flat. I'll try it some time soon and post the results in my thread. If it works though ti could open up all the legs to all the torsos with some work