NCE N17->NCE Weapons Conversion

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
Further to discussion on the main NCE rules thread, post any discussion on N17 -> NCE weapons conversion ideas here.

If anyone has a comprehensive list of weapons from N17 that would be handy as I am not familiar with all the new weapons.

I will follow up with my thoughts in another post.

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
Some of my thoughts:

Most weapons are pretty easy to find a comparible stand in. e.g. Combat Shotgun = Shotgun, Stub Cannon = Shotgun / Bolter, Lascarbine = Lasgun etc.

Combi-weapons are easy enough in NCE as unlike N17 a fighter can carry as many weapons as they like. Just give the person a Plasma Pistol & Stubgun or a Plasmagun & Bolter and you have a Combi-weapon.

Needlers are more difficult. I would just keep them as the rare items they were designed to be. Plenty of ORB minis came with Power Weapons and other such things they couldn't use so not a big deal. Alternatively for Escher just use Needle Rifle armed minis as Hunting Rifles.

Some kind of combat shield would be cool to add to the basic NCE weapons. This could stand for Van-Saar shields or any other shield someone wants to bring. I always found it weird that basic shields weren't common (same with most armour though tbh).

Cawdor polearm guns.. just use as an Autogun + 2-Handed Axe. Again there is no downside to having a load of different weapons on one guy so that is fine.

Heavy weapons: Escher Chem thingy can be used as a flamer. Van Saar Rad gun = plasma. Possibly add Multi-Melta to main NCE rulebook as it seems odd that it is missing. Cawdor Crossbow = Grenade / Missile Launcher. Rivet Cannon could stand in as a bunch of different things (Heavy Stubber, Autoslugger, Heavy Flamer maybe)

GSC weapons I will add as optional common weapons once we get round to an official GSC gang list for NCE. Webbers will still be rare though, as will shock mauls etc. Power Picks can be used as Power Axes (or regular axes until you find a powered version).

Not sure what I'm missing but there's bound to be a few things.

CaptainDangerous

Chaotic-good 2nd Company Captain
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Iv been thinking about this for a while too, other than screenshot these, Iv not gotten very far...
590914C5-573C-4EC2-83DA-93A3F75CE8C2.jpeg 865C472C-3D6C-430A-A355-0EF324FEC2FA.jpeg FCE0034D-B7C0-4579-90F1-DA6CEEC4C37E.jpeg 589FCE91-3211-464C-BE2B-907F553F6C6B.jpeg C053AED6-E531-4EB9-B429-A311E703E269.jpeg
P.s. for contexts sake, I didn’t have all the gang war books at the time and wanted a solid list of the new weapons

Reactions: undertaker

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
Missed the Harpoon Launcher. Something similar to the Scaly Harpoon Gun may be ok (although an Orlock is more likely to winch himself towards another target than a Scaly). Maybe just a cheap single-shot S5/6 heavy weapon?

Last edited:

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
or regular axes until you find a powered version
There's no such thing as a "regular" axe in NCE. Weird, I know, but true :LOL: We always counted them as either swords or clubs - user's choice, but once chosen they had to stick to it.

Edit: @Tiny is a wyrd. We should burn him or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: undertaker and Tiny

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
There's no such thing as a "regular" axe in NCE. Weird, I know, but true :LOL: We always counted them as either swords or clubs - user's choice, but once chosen they had to stick to it.
Axes are the same as clubs IIRC. That's how we always played them anyway.

Edit: Description as per NCE (and previous editions):

Simple primitive weapons are often used by juves,
impoverished fighters and the hordes of mutant
creatures that plague the Underhive. This type of
weapon comprises crude clubs or metal bars,
murderous hammers or axes, and other weighty blunt
instruments such as spiked mauls and bludgeons.
They can be used with one hand, leaving the other
free to carry a pistol or another close combat weapon.
Because these weapons are crude and heavy they are
marginally more dangerous than bladed weapons,
although it is impossible to use them to parry.​

Last edited:

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
the one issue i see is the combo-weapons and other mixed ones like the pole ax thing for Cawdor. if they’re treated as two weapons since there’s no encumbrance in NCE, what happens if they’re destroyed through Disarm?

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
the one issue i see is the combo-weapons and other mixed ones like the pole ax thing for Cawdor. if they’re treated as two weapons since there’s no encumbrance in NCE, what happens if they’re destroyed through Disarm?
The polearm counts as if it's just a gun for a turn. I don't think anybody snaps the weapon off their model just because someone used "disarm" on them for a round.

Edit: Destroyed by disarm? Eh?

Reactions: undertaker and Tiny

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
Ok, I know they have lascannons, but that seems a bit over the top for my tastes (given that these are supposed to be gangs and not militias).
I don’t really see multi meltas as any more rare or obscure than a Lascannon or Heavy Plasma. They’re all fairly common man-portable heavy weapons used throughout the imperium. It’d be shorter range but similarly deadly to the Lascannon.

If not deemed suitable for NCE, they can instead be added to an “optional new weapons” document which will include such greats as webbers and other cool stuff that can be added by the arbitrator if preferred.

Last edited:

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I don’t really see multi meltas as any more rare or obscure than a Lascannon or Heavy Plasma. They’re all fairly common man-portable heavy weapons used throughout the imperium.
Are they? Do IG infantry have access to multi-meltas now? (Maybe they do in the rules, but there's no models.)

True, the heavy plasma gun is in the same situation, despite having always been present in Necromunda. But it leads me to think that both would be rarer than the lascannon.

undertaker

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Oct 21, 2016
Nottingham
Are they? Do IG infantry have access to multi-meltas now? (Maybe they do in the rules, but there's no models.)

True, the heavy plasma gun is in the same situation, despite having always been present in Necromunda. But it leads me to think that both would be rarer than the lascannon.
Hive Primus manufactures a whole bunch of weapons for the Imperium, most likely multi-meltas included.

For combi-weapons, however, I imagine the Underhive versions are not the same as those supplied to Eversor Assassins, but rather more like this camera-phone:
18ml34rbjhfysjpg.jpg

Just make the needle/plasma portion of the combi-weapon a one-shot wonder. The model gets to fire it once per game, like the Redemptionist Exterminator cartridge being a 1-shot flamer. You could also make them Volatile like the Exterminator, for the hilarity! :D

For the majority of other weapons a counts-as approach would be most practical though. e.g. shock whip = flail.

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

almic85

Gang Hero
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
As Blood Donor said I’m pretty sure Thorgor has transcribed pretty much all of N17 into a useable format as the gang war books were released.

The real question is do you really want to create new weapon profiles and costs for new weapons or just proxy them as something else as covered in your second post.

Most new weapons are either a slightly modified version of an existing weapon (spud jackers are fancy clubs) or are can just be proxied (stub cannons are shotguns) with minimal effort.

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
As Blood Donor said I’m pretty sure Thorgor has transcribed pretty much all of N17 into a useable format as the gang war books were released.

The real question is do you really want to create new weapon profiles and costs for new weapons or just proxy them as something else as covered in your second post.

Most new weapons are either a slightly modified version of an existing weapon (spud jackers are fancy clubs) or are can just be proxied (stub cannons are shotguns) with minimal effort.
Honestly, because I am a lazy person by nature, I would rather use existing weapons where possible. I don't see the need in adding a whole load of new weapons if not required, since all we're looking to do is allow people with new minis to use them in NCE, not recreate NCE to fit everything from N17.

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
Just make the needle/plasma portion of the combi-weapon a one-shot wonder.
Easily doable but just using them as two separate weapons is so much easier and doesn't require a new document to be made. Combi-weapons have value in N17 due to models only being able to carry a set number of weapons whereas there is no such issue in NCE. If people prefer the one-shot variants that's fine but kinda defeats the object of a combi weapon.

I am happy to work on rules for Combi-Weapons but instead of making them some kind of poorly made holdout weapon, would make them super rare and quite expensive, possibly able to fire both barrels at once with -1 penalty with weapon explosions rendering both useless. This has the problem of making needle-combis difficult as they should be somehow rarer as needle weapons are already rare. At least by just suggesting that players just purchase both weapons separately and treat them as such, a player just needs to find a needle pistol and they can use their cool needle bolter combi.

Do IG infantry have access to multi-meltas now?
They don't but as you say, they also have no access to HPGs. Sisters of Battle have man-portable Mutli Meltas, as do Space Marines. The latter of which also have access to HPGs. Note: None of them have access to an Autoslugger, yet that is still a thing in NCE.

Ideally I would have made some Heavy Weapons rare but GW chose to make them all common for some reason.

In terms of stats it would be similar to HPG on max power but with 24" range and no "gets hot" (or a Meltagun with 24" range, gas cloud and move or fire if you prefer). Cost about 300cr same as Lascannon, maybe a little more?

Last edited: