NCE N17->NCE Weapons Conversion

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
I just think it's a bit silly for the new van saar gangs as if you translate them all to straight laspistol / lasgun you restrict an NCE van saar gang to being armed with laspistols, lasguns, plasma guns and heavy plasma guns as they don't have ANY other weapons on their sprue that are on their NCE HWL or that are common on the NCE trading post.
For me as a non-N17 player, all the Van-Saar las weapons look like lasguns and I would struggle to tell the difference. People can use whatever they want as whatever they want though. This is why I am actually pretty dead against this kind of weapon conversion chart as people begin to feel like its official and they can no longer be creative.

Lets take my Tribemeet gang as an example...

We have guys armed with claws for hands, weird mechanicus weapons and some pretty large dudes... yet I managed to fit them all into a standard NCE Van-Saar gang. The Juves counted their clawed / tentacled hands as knives. The Magos was just a leader with Plasma Gun, Autogun and Sword. The gangers have weird mechanicus weapons which count as Autoguns and Hunting Rifles. One of the heavies looks like he has some kind of Reaper Autocannon... which counted as a Heavy Stubber..

Point being, there is actually no need for us to actually suggest any of this in any official capacity and players can just use whatever fits the look of the minis. The only weapons we need to really look at are ones which have absolutely no usable substitution in NCE such as the Harpoon Gun and Grav Gun (although the Grav Gun could be used as a Plasma Gun, I quite like the idea of adding them in, even if as a rare item).

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Scaly Harpoon Gun comes in a "Scaly Weapons" class (as opposed to being Heavy Weapons) so can't be used be ordinary folk.

I would be happy to allow them to be used as a Heavy Weapon though.
When I prettified the “Hi Ho!” gang list into the “Brotherhood Miners” list, that’s what I did there, which seemed to suit. It works for the Scavvy list, since the Scalies are their access to heavies. It works for non-Scavvies, since not being on their House equipment lists, it will be rare.*

*Well, except for the squat Miners, as mentioned.

Reactions: Tiny

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
When I prettified the “Hi Ho!” gang list into the “Brotherhood Miners” list, that’s what I did there, which seemed to suit. It works for the Scavvy list, since the Scalies are their access to heavies. It works for non-Scavvies, since not being on their House equipment lists, it will be rare.*
Except..

Thinking further about harpoon gun, Scaly Spear Gun doesn't really work. An Orlock with a harpoon shouldn't be able to automatically drag a Scaly off a building. Needs a little more thought IMO.

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Mind you, I play ORB, not CE, and prettied it up for ORB, not CE. That isn’t what the harpoon gun does originally, that was changed for CE. So I didn’t realize you had changed the rules for that weapon so much until now.

[Edit: the ORB rules for how the harpoon gun works would not care about the relative sizes of shooter and target. So I didn’t consider it important, as I didn’t realize you had changed it’s rules. Sorry.]

[Edit redux: why DID you change the rules for the Scaly harpoon gun? The original knocked people backward, not dragged them forward. What prompted the change? Idle curiosity here.]

Last edited:
Reactions: cronevald and Tiny
Nov 15, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
So this is something I've instituted in my N18 campaign, adapting the old trade chart to new Necromunda as a way to obtain supplies during Downtime (see here), with most rare items in the chart, which itself follows relatively closely I hope the original one. I do think with D66 or even D666 there is much room for accomodating N18 weapons into a new version of N1995/NCE's rare trade chart:

D66 Roll Item

11-13 Close Combat Weapon - Roll D6

1-3, Mundane Close Combat Weapon - Roll 2D6:

2 - Heavy Rock Cutter

3 - Heavy Rock Saw

4-5 - Chain Axe

6-7 - Chainsword

8-9 - Servo Claw

10 - Digilaser

11 - Chainglaive

12 - Heavy Rock Drill

4-6, Powered Weapon - Roll 2D6:

2 - Lascutter

3 - Power Pick

4 - Power Sword

5- Shock Maul

6-7 - Power Knife

8 - Shock Stave

9 - Power Maul

10 - Power Axe

11 - Power Hammer

12 - Thunder Hammer

15 Rare Weapon - Roll a D6

1 - Combi-Rifle, Roll 2D6

2: Bolter/Plasma, 3-4: Bolter/Needler, 5-6: Autogun/Flamer, 7: Autogun/Grenade Launcher, 8-9: Bolter/Grenade Launcher, 10-11: Bolter/Flamer, 12: Bolter/Melta

2 - Combi-Pistol, Roll a D6:

1: Boltpistol/Plasmapistol, 2: Autopistol/Plasmapistol, 3-4: Autopistol/Hand Flamer, 5: Stubgun/Plasmapistol, 6: Boltpistol/Handflamer

3-4 - Rare Weapon, Roll a D6:

1: Meltagun, 2: Needle Pistol, 3: Needle Rifle, 4: Long Rifle, 5: Grav Gun, 6: Grenade Launcher with Frag, Krak and one of either Choke or Scare Gas Grenades

5 - Flamer Weapon - Roll a D6:

1-3: Hand Flamer, 4-6: Flamer

3 - Web Weapon, Roll a D6:

1-3: Web Pistol, 4-6: Webgun

16 Heavy Weapon, Roll 2D6:

2: Plasma Cannon 7-8: Heavy Stubber

3: Seismic Cannon 9: Heavy Bolter

4: Lascannon 10: Heavy Flamer

5: Mining Laser 11: Missile Launcher

6: Harpoon Launcher 12: Multi Melta

21 Gas Grenades, Roll a D6:

1-3 Choke Gas Grenades; 4-6 Scare Gas Grenades

22-23 Grenades, Roll a D6:

1: Blasting Charges, 2: Demo Charge, 3: Incendiary Charges, 4: Krak Grenades, 5: Melta Bombs, 6: Photon Flash Grenades

24 Lasgun or Laspistol, with Hot Shot Laser Pack

25-26 Weapon Accessory - Roll a D6:

1 - Gunshroud

2 - Infrasight

3 - Las Projector

4 - Mono-sight

5 - Suspensor

6 - Telescopic Sight

31-33 Armour - Roll a D6:

1-2 - Heavy Carapace Armour

3-4 - Light Carapace Armour

5-6 - Force Field Armour, Roll a D6:

1-2 - Conversion Field

3-4 - Displacer Field

5-6 - Refractor Field

34-36 Bionics

Choose one of any bionic

41 Ammo Cache

42 Booby Trap - Roll a D6:

1-3: Gas Trap, 4-6: Melta Trap

43 Bio-Booster

44 Bio-Scanner

45 Chem Synth

46 Grav Chute

51-52 Medicae Kit

53 Photo Goggles

54 Servo Harness - Roll a D6:

1-5: Partial Servo Harness, 6: Full Servo Harness

55 Stimm Stug Stash

56 Web Solvent

61-63 Extravagant Goods, Roll D6:

1: Exotic Furs,

2: Gold-Plated Gun - one of your fighter's guns becomes gold plated

3: One of your fighter's guns is upgraded to be Master Crafted, the old one does not go into the stash,
4: Opulent Jewellery,

5: Uphive Raiments

6: Servo Skull - Roll a D3:

1: Gun Skull

2: Medi Skull

3: Sensor Skull

64-66 House Pet.
Add one house pet of the type for your house to your gang. For GSC and Chaos Cults, this means a psychic familiar. If you are at the maximum number of Pets, reroll.

Reactions: undertaker