N18 NCE -> N18 Special Characters

AxeSlash

Ganger
Jun 3, 2017
Birmingham, UK
So it's easy enough to convert most stats from NCE to N18:

D6 stats are 6-(stat-1)
2D6 stats are 12-(stat-2)

...But obviously NCE doesn't have Cl, Wil, or Int stats. What's a good way to make those up that is acceptable to opponents?

Specifically I'm looking to use Klovis The Redeemer, Malakev, Kal Jerico, Scabbs, and Mad Donna.

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
I would use the old Ld for the new Cl since it has replaced it in all but name.
Ld and Wil are pretty much useless for special characters, unless they have access to Leadership skills or are Psykers, respectively. Int is slightly more important but not much.
If you stay in the [5+;8+] range for those stats (the average Joe being 7+), with the occasional 4+ or 9+, you should be safe.

More specifically, I would base Clovis on a Cawdor leader (Ld 4+, Wil 5+, Int 6+) and Mad Donna on Belladonna (Ld 7+, Wil 6+, Int 6+)
Not sure who to use as a template for Kal, maybe Baertrum? (Ld 6+, Wil 6+, Int 5+)

I would also do some other small changes to the original stat-line, like give M5" to at least Mad Donna (and probably Kal as well) as only the heaviest/sickest fighters are M4" in N18.

Reactions: spafe

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Stupid question, isn't Kal about to get some stats given he has a model now?

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
Stupid question, isn't Kal about to get some stats given he has a model now?
Kal and Scabbs should indeed get new official rules when their models are released, but it's still a few weeks/months away as they are most likely the Q2 plastic release. The good news is that it should provide us with a template for converting other special characters stats to N18.

Reactions: spafe

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
ah sorry, I'm very out the loop, I thought there were already out. nvm, ignore me :)

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Curiously, it felt odd to me when Warhammer 40'000 and its spin-offs dropped Cool, Willpower, and Intelligence, and subsumed the lot of them under Leadership. It also feels odd to me now that they are aiming to return them, but don't just go back to their Rogue Trader utility [Leadership for following orders, like rout checks; Cool for personal courage, like Fear checks; Intelligence for technological aptitude, like setting bombs and opening doors; Willpower for psychic force of will], but seem to be having trouble figuring out what they are or should be for, making some FAR more useful than others.

Anyhow,
N17 has an history with stats not being as... stable as one might expect.
[...] Let's not be too preemptively sumpy.

Reactions: TopsyKretts