N18 Necrodamus/Bookromunda (rules compilations)

Oh. And I forgot to ask regarding
"C3. This is underdog bonus (from previous Necromunda editions). The gang with the lower Gang Rating receives additional XP after the game, proportional to the difference in rating. "
My question was how this additional XP is distributed after game? It goes all to leader? Is spread across all fighters?
All fighters that was on the battlefield. Growing up with old Necromunda, I always enjoyed playing games against gangs that were much stronger. Even if I would mostly lose those battles, my gang became much stronger because of bonus XP rewards. So you sacrifice winning battles for quickly leveling up your gang.

I realize these rules aren't really described. Didn't have time and energy to write full explanations in the document, mainly because it was used by "veterans" who have played previous editions and just need to look at tables to make them work. I'm going to consider to "flesh" them out so new players and players who forgot the old rules can better understand.

Last edited:
Oh. So EVERY fighter who survives the battle get this bonus?
So for example if difference is 200 all guys get +5xp (if they win) or +4xp (lose)?
It's look a little extreme... :)

Problem is the Gang Rating is heavily inflated because of how Leaders and Champions are calculated. So probably need some balancing to all mechanics affected by Gang Rating. However, Underdogs are supposed to gain a lot of XP when facing stronger games. It is their prime motivation for doing so! Unfortunately I'm not a game designer, so it is difficult for me to find the best balance here.

Ok I got your point. My only worry is that we would like to use House Patronage rules. Because of that some advantage is automatically mitigated. Anyway, we will think about it.

Reactions: TopsyKretts
Yeah we get more and more bonuses as time goes by. We started house ruling underdog xp bonus before all the new House Favours. Need to revisit these rules again and see how they interact. But first, we need to play with the latest expansions!

Reactions: Roohaa
One more question.
I found in main rules that you are not using original rules for Gas & Toxin.You have add:
"(Toughness check with a -1 modifier)" to both abilities... I think it's a little too good now with that rule (especially because Esher can now use Chem-synth without action).
But because of that found my question is do you have any more changes which are not noted in House Rule: "CAMPAIGN (OCTOBER 2019)" or quoted as House Rule in main file?

It's supposed to be according to RAW. I wanted to experiment to see if it was possible to use Toughness check with the Toxin/Gas/Chem Delivery weapon traits. Because they are very similar. If a fighter has T3, they pass a Tougness Check on a 1-3. If hit by Toxin, they survive on a roll of 1-2. That is a Toughness check with a -1 modifier, no?

Last edited:
Beside that I couldn't found (in main book) Home rule regarding going into engage with melee action.
And I think it's one of most important changes in your rules :)
Would be nice to have it there somewhere.

If someone has access to December 2019 White Dwarf, I'd be very thankful for some insight into the new content there. Particularly the new scenarios, rules and the mini-booklet in general.

In case somebody is interested, I got the same kind of stuff going for Blood Bowl.
I'm pretty excited about this 30 minute NM, I was working on something similar inspired by Warcry.
Sounds interesting, but the quality and execution of white dwarf content is particularly unsteady.

Last edited: